Found Deceased TX - Hamil Cody Ross, 33, left behind while driving to job site, Ector County, 9 Nov 2019

Hamil was added to NAMUS today: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Original
Original

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact November 9, 2019
NamUs Case Created December 5, 2019
Last Known Location Map
Location Midland, Texas 79701
Midland County

Circumstances of Disappearance
Contact the Ector County Sheriff’s Office at (432) 335-3060
The Midland County Sheriff’s Office has posted a missing persons bulletin on Hamil Cody Ross. Ross, 33, of Odessa, was last seen Nov. 9. He is 5-foot-6, with black hair and hazel eyes. Last seen on Nov. 9 at about 2 a.m. on South Highway 349 near South County Road 1160. Anyone with information that could lead to the whereabouts of Ross should contact the Midland County Sheriff’s Office and ask for Sgt. Fuentes, 432-688-4620.

In the post I'm quoting above by Gardener, click on the word Map in blue text....ultra interesting how close his Last Known Location (Elkin Park???) is to the intersection of I20 & 250 loop and the recent article says he was found near Pilot Truck Stop but south of West County Road 140....where oh where did that Elkin Park location come from?

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Last edited:
In the post I'm quoting above by Gardener, click on the word Map in blue text....ultra interesting how close his Last Known Location (Elkin Park???) is to the intersection of I20 & 250 loop and the recent article says he was found near Pilot Truck Stop but south of West County Road 140....where oh where did that Elkin Park location come from?

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Ive come across several NamUs posts that had questionable locations mapped out for “location last seen.” I guess I mean, where are they getting these specific addresses/locations from?
I’ve clicked on some for it to take me to a parking lot, a hardware store, or random street sign.
This may not be the case with Hamil, but wanted to throw it out there!

I'm thinking he hitched a ride after his walk-off, got dropped at the Pilot, and expired. It's actually closer to Odessa than Midland. It's an industrial area, not that sparse really.

I wonder why they're using 2/8/20 as DOD in one post and just stating 2019 in the other post. I wonder if they're not being given specific info until the investigation is completed.

ODESSA - Hamil Ross, 38, of Odessa, died Saturday, February 8, 2020, in Odessa.

Hamil “Hambone” Cody Ross was born into this world on May 16, 1981 in Odessa, TX to Stephen and Judy Ross and departed this life to join God in 2019.

I wonder why they're using 2/8/20 as DOD in one post and just stating 2019 in the other post. I wonder if they're not being given specific info until the investigation is completed.

ODESSA - Hamil Ross, 38, of Odessa, died Saturday, February 8, 2020, in Odessa.

Hamil “Hambone” Cody Ross was born into this world on May 16, 1981 in Odessa, TX to Stephen and Judy Ross and departed this life to join God in 2019.
In a case where someone goes missing and isn't found for a while, depending on the cause of death, sometimes they with list the DOD as the day they went missing (if it is known death shortly followed) or the date the remains were found and/or identified.

Acres West Funeral Chapel - Obituaries 2020 Page 3

upload_2020-7-11_22-1-46.jpeg

upload_2020-7-11_22-2-7.jpeg

I came across another link with HCR’s obituary. When reading it a couple things stood out. I assume this is his obit: name, city, state, family members name, year of death all match.

BUT his age and date of birth do not match up. The thread title as well as some links state his age was 33.
His date of birth is May 16, 1981. That would of made him 38.

Hamil was destined for oilfield greatness.
Those left to cherish his love and memories are his father: Stephen Ross and sister: Courtnee Ross; as well as aunts, uncles, cousins, numerous extended family and friends.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SAGEWITHRAGE
Back