Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
This has been bothering me. How was she able to conceal her abuse to the children? She is one of those people that make their profession about being around children because they desire to abuse children. And people trust these people. moo
And I have to wonder what all HH endured even before LS's marriage to AS. And I wonder about Stockholm Syndrome with her. moo

I'm willing to bet that she was emotionally abusive, which was viewed as just her generally nasty disposition. However, Gannon was st the receiving end of her bitchie persona more than any of the other kids.

She probably teased him, kept him out of inside jokes with the other kids, punished him, didn't include him in fun activities.

IMO, she resented him for whatever reason, and all of that somewhat repressed anger came out that Sunday night. She went too far, and couldn't bs her way out of it, so she finished him off.

It sounds like she treated her daughter like a friend. There is no way HH had a stable childhood. All the other had was each other. I hope since she has been removed from her mother's custody, she will talk. Unless she chose to go with her family in the Carolina's, who at least in the beginning, defended LS. If so, she will remain in the grips of Stockholm Syndrome for sure.

Maybe they have her in witness protection?

Hi all! I had to take a break from WS- this case is taking an emotional toll on me. I have missed you all!!

I googled "Pueblo state mental hospital competency evaluations, and was dismayed by the results.

There are dozens of articles, including some from this year, others dating back to 2017, stating this hospital is overwhelmed with inmate competency evaluations. If this has been happening before COVID, I can't imagine what it's like now! In fact, I skimmed an article from this year discussing the fines they will have to pay for the delays they are facing.

Hopefully they fast track her!

Besides the emotional abuse and physical abuse (I'll bet Gannon had previous bruising/injuries of dubious origin), she's also a gaslighter IMO.

The phrase "baffle 'em with b*ll$h*t" always comes to mind when I consider this repulsive person. Her niche as a con artist is in keeping people off balance mentally so they can't question too deeply WTF she is saying. IMO Gannon was of an age where he was starting to see how she really was and naturally questioned her and she couldn't handle that getting back to his dad. (much like Dylan Redwine's murder at the hands of his biological father).

They need to lock her in something like a tiger transport cage when they move her to Pueblo. I bet she'll be there a couple years, based on other cases I've followed here.

Rest in peace Gannon, Justice is coming :rose:

I, unfortunately, have first hand experience with gaslighting. I've only ever watched *that* video once with audio, like many of us, once was more than I could bare. In my opinion, TS was 100% gaslighting Gannon in that video. I won't speculate on other members of the household, but I just wanted to chime in and say, yes, amongst her many crimes was actively gaslighting a small child in her care. IMO.

I think Gannon has always been a very special child to every member of his family, and she particularly resented that. He was, and is, a miracle boy.

Hi all! I had to take a break from WS- this case is taking an emotional toll on me. I have missed you all!!

I googled "Pueblo state mental hospital competency evaluations, and was dismayed by the results.

There are dozens of articles, including some from this year, others dating back to 2017, stating this hospital is overwhelmed with inmate competency evaluations. If this has been happening before COVID, I can't imagine what it's like now! In fact, I skimmed an article from this year discussing the fines they will have to pay for the delays they are facing.

Good Morning WSers.
Good to see your post and understand about this case taking an emotional toll on everyone’s psyche. Glad to see you checkin.
Thank you for taking the time to look into Pueblo state mental hospital. I’m sure it’s like a lot of state run mental help, overwhelmed by sheer volume of criminals with mental health issues. As Asst DA Allen noted, this will slow down the process of of getting the monster’s trial started. But, its very important to make sure the guilty verdict that awaits her cannot be overturned on appeal. She is competent enough to stand trial as evidenced by all of her planning and actions to cover up crimes she’s already committed. 23,000 pages of discovery will tell her story. Hope she goes completely crazy while serving her LIFE+159 year sentence! Couldn’t happen to a more deserving “human”. Tough to refer to her as even human. A better adjective escapes me as I’ve not had my full pot of coffee yet! #Here4Gannon
Edited for clarification.

Last edited:
I can’ remember if somebody mentioned this already in the other thread, but I really hope this doesn’t delay the divorce any further. Al has suffered long enough.

Al probably regrets that she took his last name. MOO too bad they can’t take the last name away from her. One more step to get rid of her.

This reminds me of a case here from 2014 where a 17-year old raped and murdered a little girl. The case dragged on for years. In 2017 the murderer was sent to Western State Hospital in Washington state where there was also a long wait. It took nearly 7 months for the evaluation report and then another 6 months to resolve the case when the man pleaded guilty.

As frustrating as it was it was important to go through the process, especially in his case as he was 17 when he murdered the girl. He also was uncooperative with doctors.

Hopefully we won't have to wait that long for LS' evaluation! I don't believe for one minute that she isn't competent to stand trial! Sigh, but I understand the need to document her sanity. In the end though I believe she's going down. MOO.

This reminds me of a case here from 2014 where a 17-year old raped and murdered a little girl. The case dragged on for years. In 2017 the murderer was sent to Western State Hospital in Washington state where there was also a long wait. It took nearly 7 months for the evaluation report and then another 6 months to resolve the case when the man pleaded guilty.

As frustrating as it was it was important to go through the process, especially in his case as he was 17 when he murdered the girl. He also was uncooperative with doctors.

Hopefully we won't have to wait that long for LS' evaluation! I don't believe for one minute that she isn't competent to stand trial! Sigh, but I understand the need to document her sanity. In the end though I believe she's going down. MOO.

I thought of Jenice's case too, when I saw the decision.
Ever since her case, and his creepy snot faced whining (literally, for those that might not know, that's not an insult, he literally did a creepy snot thing) in the interrogation room, I think of her when someone else pretends and tries to game the system.
I do agree, she will be found competent and she will go down for what she's done.
She's not mentally irresponsible, she's just freaking evil.

jmo

Hi, I wanted to share regarding the Colorado Mental Health Institute at Pueblo (CMHIP) where LS will undergo a competency evaluation after seeing a few posts voicing concern that this is done at CMHIP. I work as Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner and have had many interactions with the system and staff at CMHIP. Just last week had patient with homicidal thoughts who had recently been hospitalized at CMHIP for competency restoration. CMHIP was very helpful and based on the notes that I received provided the best care they could to this patient.

Anyhow, psychiatric services continue to be underfunded and undervalued in Colorado. I am sad to say this, but this is the truth. However, like I mentioned above, I have had various interactions with CMHIP and they do the best they can, I really full-heartedly believe that. There will always be negative news about any psychiatric facility and CMHIP is no exception. For example, recently there may have been a data breach and there has been news regarding deficient practices. However, we must realize that psychiatric services do not make money and will always be the “odd one out” in medicine…. At least that is my experience. Services are deficient and always seem to be on the chopping block to meet budget requirements. Unfortunately, Colorado has consistently ranked very low in regards to availability of mental health services, but it is improving some, just not fast enough.

I am 100% certain that CMHIP will get the job done and LS will be declared competent to stand trial… I cannot imagine this having any other outcome.

“The defendant is going to be evaluated for competency, which means that she will be evaluated to see if she understands the proceedings, the nature of the charges, the role of people in the courtroom including her defense council, prosecution and the judge,”

MOO No way they find her incompetent. Is Leticia a good actress?

RBBM

She thinks she is!!

Hi, I wanted to share regarding the Colorado Mental Health Institute at Pueblo (CMHIP) where LS will undergo a competency evaluation after seeing a few posts voicing concern that this is done at CMHIP. I work as Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner and have had many interactions with the system and staff at CMHIP. Just last week had patient with homicidal thoughts who had recently been hospitalized at CMHIP for competency restoration. CMHIP was very helpful and based on the notes that I received provided the best care they could to this patient.

Anyhow, psychiatric services continue to be underfunded and undervalued in Colorado. I am sad to say this, but this is the truth. However, like I mentioned above, I have had various interactions with CMHIP and they do the best they can, I really full-heartedly believe that. There will always be negative news about any psychiatric facility and CMHIP is no exception. For example, recently there may have been a data breach and there has been news regarding deficient practices. However, we must realize that psychiatric services do not make money and will always be the “odd one out” in medicine…. At least that is my experience. Services are deficient and always seem to be on the chopping block to meet budget requirements. Unfortunately, Colorado has consistently ranked very low in regards to availability of mental health services, but it is improving some, just not fast enough.

I am 100% certain that CMHIP will get the job done and LS will be declared competent to stand trial… I cannot imagine this having any other outcome.
Thanks for your insight!

Agreed! When the letter that has HH's name on the back said: "if something comes up on the news like she is no longer in jail or is missing to not be afraid." The letter also contained underlined requests to just keep acting normally.

The fact that she HAS to tell HH this tells me at other times HH has exspessed her fear. And she she found it difficult to act normal.

Very good point!

And he is insane.
Not sure about LS. Maybe crazy like a fox tho.
Incompetent? Perhaps at this time (maybe not tho) but they’ll get her straightened out so that she can aid in her defense soon.

Maybe crazy like a crazy fox bent on incriminating its crazy foxy self with literally every utterance and action.

I'm an infrequent passenger on this crazy train of a case, but she seems deeply disturbed to me. I suspect they will evaluate and medicate her and send her on back to be tried, later rather than sooner. No way she's incompetent but she does seem to be unravelling further, and speedily.

Last edited:
Maybe crazy like a crazy fox bent on incriminating its crazy foxy self with literally every utterance and action.

I'm an infrequent passenger on this crazy train of a case, but she seems deeply disturbed to me. I suspect they will evaluate and medicate her and send her on back to be tried, later rather than sooner. No way she's incompetent but she does seem to be unravelling further, and speedily.
I expect she'll try to maneuver another escape. Those places aren't easy to escape from but she's got some guts!
Nuts guts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member