Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only security.

Yes, you're right. I didn't mean to imply LE had fault in not extensively searching the property. I'd be as guilty as anyone for not searching. But hindsight can be a little blinding in a case like this.
A private citizen is now allowed to go out on a property and start digging for bodies.

JMO
That is interesting and pretty much solidifies that someone with good inside knowledge of what happened gave LE the tip they needed to know where to look and also what would be found.

There are about five people I can think of that may have had enough knowledge to be the tipster. CD is one of the five and I am removing him from consideration since he made a run for it before LE got him.
LD is a good candidate. A few that did interviews could also maybe be the tipster.

I think we may eventually find out at some point how LE knew to go there yesterday.

The good thing about CD trying to zoom away from the scene is I think that helped LE not allow him any bail for his current charges. He is a flight risk in my eyes based on his actions yesterday. He may try to do like Lori did and try to have a hearing to establish a bail amount but after the attempted running, LE has a good reason to keep him with no bail/bond.

ITA @Hatfield ! And don't forget that this is the second time CD has tried to get away from Rexburg LE. He did the same thing during the welfare check in November

I was in Idaho Falls the first week of January. There was a huge dump of snow that week (ie: 12-18") by Feb there was about 1 1/2 - 2 feet of snow on the ground. It would have been impossible to see disturbed earth in January on that property

My top theory at the moment is that one of Chad's children finally agreed to talk to police and something small that they knew helped LE connect the dots. Maybe they knew Chad did some extra "yard work" in October 2019? Or maybe they noticed the disturbed ground before but had been dismissing it? I believe MG's interview might have woken someone up to realize JJ and Tylee were dead and not safely hidden in a bunker somewhere.

My second theory at the moment is the Lori and Chad accidentally let something slip while talking on the jail phone system. Chad supposedly talked to Lori for hours everyday while she was in jail. Their conversations were all recorded and would have been scrutinized by the FBI daily.

Either way, it should not be too long before we find out what lead to this search warrant. Justice for JJ and Tylee is on the way!

MOO.

That's my top theory too. But only because
(1) VALLOW FAMILY - I don't think anybody in this family knows anything but heartbreak
(2) COX FAMILY - No Confidence Vote that they would implicate Lori
(3) DAYBELL FAMILY -- I don't know any of their family members so this is the only place I can leave open the possibility that somebody couldn't live with themselves if they didn't act on some info they had

My top theory at the moment is that one of Chad's children finally agreed to talk to police and something small that they knew helped LE connect the dots. Maybe they knew Chad did some extra "yard work" in October 2019? Or maybe they noticed the disturbed ground before but had been dismissing it? I believe MG's interview might have woken someone up to realize JJ and Tylee were dead and not safely hidden in a bunker somewhere.

My second theory at the moment is the Lori and Chad accidentally let something slip while talking on the jail phone system. Chad supposedly talked to Lori for hours everyday while she was in jail. Their conversations were all recorded and would have been scrutinized by the FBI daily.

Either way, it should not be too long before we find out what lead to this search warrant. Justice for JJ and Tylee is on the way!

MOO.
I don't think Chad's children said anything. They seemed to be in a state of deep denial. Searching properties for buried bodies is kind of obvious, though, when there are missing people involved.

No, not on Jan 3rd. On the night of Oct 9th when the gunman attacked. Or again October 19th when Tammy died. Why didn't anyone ask, "Hey. why are there these places with fresh overturned dirt?"

Lot of if only's and why didn't's in this case.

The alarm bells didnt go off about Tylee and JJ until Christmas, correct? Also, we don't know when the initial excavation occurred. :(

Well said...I guess it’s easy to be a casual observer and conclude poor police work but with multiple players, multiple crimes, multi state and a background story that oozes Jim Jones’ish I don’t see incompetence. I think the Arizona investigation was lousy but everything else seems well done for the circumstances LE was in.

Agree. This was and is a complex case comprising many possible crimes committed across multiple jurisdictions (some of which are almost jurisdictions within jurisdictions, like Rexburg) and with many possible players, alive and dead. Moreover, these cases involve children, adults, religious and quasi-religious communities with potentially explosive beliefs (literally) embedded within and way outside of a locally powerful church with ties to community, LE, politicians, etc.

This case has been a morass since the beginning, requiring maps, lists and flowcharts just to keep track of the main players and relationships. Much better, IMO, to take the time to get it right.

WS has tons of cases where things were rushed or where specific circumstances or general chaos has prevented any resolution — think Heather Elvis (until fairly recently, and still...) or Hailey Dunn, or Amiah Robertson, or....

This case, in its scope and complexity, reminds me of the Pike Co murders. An end that brings justice for the families of the victims is the main aim here. Getting there a few weeks or months earlier, with less surety, doesn’t matter that much, IMO.

Where any helicopters/planes flying over property? I think you can see if the ground is disturbed. As police were gearing up to look for bodies, property is an obvious place to start with. They were gearing up to search Yellowstone, but Yellowstone is huge. Chances of finding anything there were slim to none.

Honestly, I think FBI & LEO had aerial photography and a plan to search the property for the children's bodies there first. They came in with cadaver dogs, dogs hit on specific areas, those areas were identified with blue tarps when the copter first went up yesterday morning. They immediately began the digs and found human remains, picked CD up, and continued the digs on where the dogs hit. I think everyone was so "dug in" (for lack of better wording) to their coverup story - no one would spill the beans. I think it took good old fashioned police work to expose the horrific deeds because everyone following CD was too brainwashed.

ETA: This was the one factor that CD could not "mind" control

Even if yesterday's search warrant is unsealed, will that explain the basis (prompting) for the search?

Only security.

Yes, you're right. I didn't mean to imply LE had fault in not extensively searching the property. I'd be as guilty as anyone for not searching. But hindsight can be a little blinding in a case like this.
@RexburgSleuth --thinking of you also during this time.
Take care of yourself and know we appreciate you being here with us and that we are here for you.

Just passed the women’s center where Lori is being held, Mark Meas is there. Quite surprising that he is t at the Fremont County jail preparing for Chads hearing. I know it’s not far from here, but which client is his priority here (Lori doesn’t have anything today that I know of)? Did Chad get a new lawyer or are we expecting to see Mark Means at the hearing today? All jmo

IMO...
Chad Daybell was changing his look to run for cover.
The weight loss can be explained by no longer living the high life in Hawaii and perhaps a “little” stressed.
I’m referring to his hair being much longer and the facial hair.
There is a reason he looks so very different than he did 4 months ago.

The alarm bells didnt go off about Tylee and JJ until Christmas, correct? Also, we don't know when the initial excavation occurred. :(

When did Rexburg PD realize that there was a connection between Chad and Lori/Tylee/JJ? I know he tried to play off his relationship to Lori as 'barely know her' when he had his first interaction with the RPD. But when did they realize that he was married to her? Rexburg is a small town, that had to get back to cops pretty much immediately but I've never really thought/heard about how/when that actually happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff