Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
I admit I was one who was holding out hope they were in a bunker. I am just horrified. :( More so by this case than probably any other case I have seen on Websleuths. :( RIP Tylee and Joshua.

So many of them are so terrible. This one has these bizarre elements that set it apart.

I'm stunned that many adults even entertained the crazy ideas Chad and Lori held. I assume the kids were murdered for being "zombies".

It is obvious from arial photos that the soil was disturbed where they started digging yesterday. And police do have the ability to fly overhead to look and peek before they issue a warrant. Where they started digging yesterday the soil was sunken and the grass was discolored.
I noticed that first thing yesterday morning when the helicopter first went up. I mistakenly thought LEO had scraped the ground and was attempting to lay out grid lines. This makes much more sense because I kept wondering why they would bring in a backhoe to dig up their gridlines.

I admit I was one who was holding out hope they were in a bunker. I am just horrified. :( More so by this case than probably any other case I have seen on Websleuths. :( RIP Tylee and Joshua.
It's impossible to keep a teenage girl and an autistic child in a bunker. I believed for a long time both were dead.

Sorry - I think I was just echoing some info I had gathered on here earlier and honestly - I cannot provide a link to the TD search warrant (although I know where I could go looking to find it - thank you Gardner!) They may have been looking for the kids in that warrant but there would be a lot of trouble trying to see ground disturbance under all that snow in January.
From family experience Rexburg, a cousin passed away Dec, ground to cold to dig grave (We were told)

First time posting, long time follower of this case. You point out something concerning to me. If KW recieved the insurance money, what process (if any) was in place for her to receive custody of JJ? If CV knew his fate would be at the hands of LV and AC, wouldn't there be a contingent game plan, other than "just" the money? Was there a will drawn by CV that stated JJ should reside with KW if anything happened to him? JMO
THEY (meaning he AND LVD) adopted JJ, you cannot just will a child to someone like a piece of property. I guess he could put his wishes for visitation in his will , but that would then be subject to the courts.

Yes probably. Like most of us.... I am sure LE really didn’t think they would be dumb or arrogant enough to bury them in the yard! with that said.... I really cannot for the life of me figure out a good reason to put them there. I am glad they did because I really thought they would be in the middle of nowhere..... but can any of you guys think of any good reason why they did that? I am still kinda in shock that they have actually found but I just can’t wrap my head around both of them being disposed of there! :(
I think someone already pointed out that there was no known connection between LV and CD outside of being on a fairly obscure podcast together at that time. TD was still alive. No one was missing. He could easily do some digging or burning on his land without anyone wondering about it. His wife was sent to visit family and also worked and attended regular church events.

Means asking for Chad’s warrant almost certainly means Lori has no idea why they searched his property.

So she didn’t flip on him or anything like that. She and Means want to know what evidence they had to get the warrant...interesting.
I find it VERY hard to believe Lori new nothing about what had happened to the children. I can't get the image of her dragging that heavy bag, tote in and out of the storage unit. :( I believe Chad, Lori and Alex new exactly what had happened to the children and were complicit in the act. JMO of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot thank you enough for making the distinction between the two. So often, people lump personality defects in with mental illness, and it frustrates me to no end. Moo.
Again, I wasn’t speaking of her refusing a competency hearing. LE just simply took her word and Alex’s word that Charles attacked Alex and was abusive to Lori. Nothing was further from the truth.

IMP, Lori isn’t mentally ill
Respectfully, if LE had taken him seriously in January, instead of brushing him off, taking sides, and essentially coaching Lori on how to get around being taken in for a mental exam, there is a very good chance we wouldnt even be discussing this. He reported her threats many times and could not get anyone to listen. They most certainly let him down before his death (I'm not even sure I understand how they can let him down afterwards, as you say you meant). Now the children, yes LE and social services let them down following CV's death, in not investigating the clearly unhinged and dysfunctional parent they were left with. Moo
edit:typos
i didn’t say they let him down afterwards. However, they didn’t investigate fully so his family were let down. Really don’t want to argue this.

THEY (meaning he AND LVD) adopted JJ, you cannot just will a child to someone like a piece of property. I guess he could put his wishes for visitation in his will , but that would then be subject to the courts.
Well, if Charles was a single dad, he probably could have made his wishes known and made Kay guardian of JJ's. But since Lori was legally an adoptive mother, Charles couldn't make sure Kay would raise JJ.

Oh she k
Means asking for Chad’s warrant almost certainly means Lori has no idea why they searched his property.

So she didn’t flip on him or anything like that. She and Means want to know what evidence they had to get the warrant...interesting.

oh she knew....she knew....she knew exactly where those precious children were buried...she just everyone to believe she is so innocent! Not...MOO

Again, I wasn’t speaking of her refusing a competency hearing. LE just simply took her word and Alex’s word that Charles attacked Alex and was abusive to Lori. Nothing was further from the truth.

IMP, Lori isn’t mentally ill

i didn’t say they let him down afterwards. However, they didn’t investigate fully so his family were let down. Really don’t want to argue this.
I agree with you. There were a lot of clues that Charles' death was not what Alex claimed it to be. Lori's, Alex' and Tylee's stories didn't even match. Alex had a tiny scratch on his head, and if Charles (who was a baseball player) hit him with a bat, I don't think a tiny scratch is all Alex would have gotten. Also, Charles told plenty of people that Lori made threats and wanted Charles dead. None of it seemed to matter, as no arrests were made.

What difference does that make? Bioparents never raised JJ. He was raised from birth by Kay and her husband, and then went to Charles and Lori at about 9 months old.

Because the case has so many people involved, I was wondering if one or both of the biological parents ever spoke up regarding JJ's whereabouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77