Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Lori use her dead (I believe, murdered) estranged spouse's Amazon account and credit card to purchase wedding rings and her outfit before Tammy met her convenient demise?

The kids were murdered before Tammy's death, right??

Playing catch up, but for some reason I thought the kids disappeared after Tammy died. I also assumed LV was driving this crazy train since she has more deaths associated with her. If LV killed them to be with CD, how did she know he would follow through and off his wife? You’d think if that was the plan, she’d have him do the deed first and then kill the kids just so she knew they’d be together. So maybe HE was the one pulling the strings here and made her do her part before he did his. Though... nobody’s ever accused these two of being rational. I wonder if LV will try a defense that she did it because she was afraid of CD and was too afraid to not go with him. Like say she was under his control.

So if Lori is being held on abandoning the children and we now know the children are dead, can they still hold her on these charges? I would think they would have to charge her with something else ASAP so they can continue to hold her. Does anyone know? Maybe one of our attorney’s here? @AZlawyer do you know? MOO
I think they could continue to hold her. It's possible she abandoned them and they were killed later so the mere fact they are dead now does not get her off. But if they charge Chad with murder and alledge it happened in September then I think their case would be significantly weakened. The must be some interesting calculus going on in the prosecutor's office.

Earlier I was guessing that Chad had gotten wind that authorities were about to discover the bodies and relocated them to his backyard from another location. Now I'm wondering if Chad got wind of the search warrant getting signed 6/5 and, following your line of thinking, attempted to use the burn pit between then and when authorities showed up 6/9.

Yeah.... It's a grizzly thought, but perhaps that tipped off LE to search that area. I would think the decomp would be really really bad at this point! YUCK!

Also, this is just the "dump site"... I think.... They were likely murdered elsewhere, and if true that one of the remains were "egregious" you would think there woud be quite a bit of evidence somewhere....

I hate to be so blunt about it, as these are children! What a monster, truly!
MOO.

Our criminal justice system has a very strong preference for transparency and disclosure and defendants are generally entitled to copies of relevant evidence. The state will likely argue that the evidence should not be disclosed yet because it is an ongoing investigation. However, MM will argue that he is acting as an officer of the court and that he should be entitled to see the documents as part of his efforts to represent Lori. My guess is that the court will probably review the materials and redact any names or sensitive info and then allow MM to review with strict requirements that no copies be made and no information disclosed. Courts have to bend over backwards to give a defendant's counsel access to the evidence being used against a defendant.
At this point I don't think those documents are relevent to Lori's defense on the abandonment charge. If she is charged with murder or conspiracy then I think she would be entitled to them. If you read the prosecutor's motion his grounds for seeaing it was privacy for the victims and he did not ask it be kept from the defendant.

I find it VERY hard to believe Lori new nothing about what had happened to the children. I can't get the image of her dragging that heavy bag, tote in and out of the storage unit. :( I believe Chad, Lori and Alex new exactly what had happened to the children and were complicit in the act. JMO of course.

I’m not sure why you’re saying that to me, maybe you meant to reply to someone else.

My point is that Lori and Means don’t know what evidence led to yesterday’s search warrant. Which means she’s not (knowingly) the source of the evidence. Which means she didn’t flip on Chad, etc.

We were trying to figure out *why* specifically the property was searched, and what new evidence led to the specific warrant. Does that make sense?

Yeah.... It's a grizzly thought, but perhaps that tipped off LE to search that area. I would think the decomp would be really really bad at this point! YUCK!

Also, this is just the "dump site"... I think.... They were likely murdered elsewhere, and if true that one of the remains were "egregious" you would think there woud be quite a bit of evidence somewhere....

I hate to be so blunt about it, as these are children! What a monster, truly!
MOO.
Agree, even typing these things feels criminal.

A FOX13 Reporter whos still nearby the property has said that it appears some of the Daybells are moving. Seen packing furniture onto multiple vehicles after law enforcement turned the property back over to the family.

https://twitter.com/laurensnews/status/1270865673267212288?s=21

Maybe some of the children are coming out of being in denial. Not to mention, who wants to stay in a house on a property where children were buried? I hope they take all of Tammy’s valuables with them because I have a feeling Chad will be selling this house to pay for his defense. And since I think he had something to do with Tammy’s death, I wouldn’t put it past him to try and sell everything in the house regardless of the sentimental value it may have to his children. Chad only cares about Chad. It will be interesting to see if Lori’s name is on the deed to the house or if she is entitled to any of the proceeds from the sale of it since they were married. Or I guess I should say, if they were married since I haven’t seen a marriage license verified yet. Does anyone know how Idaho law works with this as far as what Lori will be entitled to? MOO

ITA. Lori definitely knew what happened to the children. But from MM’s filing today, I just don’t think Lori is the one that led LE and the FBI to the children. But I’m sure she is dying to know who did. No pun intended. I couldn’t think of a better word to use. Sorry. MOO

Exactly. It’s a lot of speculation, but we can eliminate Lori as the source. She might’ve said something dumb over the jail phone though. But it definitely looks like she/Means wants to know where the evidence came from. And Means might suspect that the evidence was shoddily obtained, too, since he was pretty miffed about the jail recordings earlier.

The question I posed... that is what I was asking in the post.

Grixote said:

"I don’t have any concrete proof, but I imagine we will see some conspiracy charges come down on Chad and Lori.

Among other reasons, that’s a good way to hit them hard even if it’s suspected that Alex was the actual murderer."

And my post to you in response to Grixote was to ask the question "That may be the only way to prosecute? @gitana1 are you following the case?"

I was wondering if there wasn't concrete proof, would conspiracy be the least of the charges? They may not have proof of which one did what? Dunno.

It’s definitely possible. It looks like they only need to show that one of the conspirators acted in furtherance of the crime. Not that it was fully committed.

I think maybe they want to sell the house for bail money?

They have behaved so strangely throughout this! Almost delusional (MOO) I know cult members tend to have blind loyalty, but their own mother was also a victim! I feel like they will try to rationalize all this with some bizarre religious tenant. So while we might think they are moving for a rational reason.... IE Bail, or the fact they were living with two dead children in their backyard, it could also be some fear of Zombie Demons...

The "Free Lori" rant seemed like a mental breakdown.... I hope a few of his kids can get over the Self- Righteous indignation, and face reality. For their own sake.

MOO.

Would a body decompose that quickly to bones? I hate to ask the question but I’ve been wondering what kind of condition the remains are in.
That's what has me doubting as well. Ordinarily I think it can happen fairly quickly through insect activity. But given the cold in Idaho I don't think it would happen as quickly.

Also, while I have never dismembered a body, I have cut up chickens. It is FAR easier to separate at joint than to cut through bone. And the femur would be one of the hardest to break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth