Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So just WHAT do they actually have on him?

I wonder about this too. Surely it can't just be that he 'fits'? The investigation, from what I've read of the official German statements, seems really (overly, almost) dependent upon public input.

Yeah I’m not sure he gets off (so to speak) on the actual killing element. Perhaps he does but It doesn’t seem that way to me. I think he killed her because he kind of had to. This wasn’t a opportunity where he could break in and carry out a planned sexual attack in her own apartment, she was a kid and her parents would be back any minute. So he had to take her to his own house (or van) and therefore there is more risk of any evidence being linked to him by doing that. He just couldn’t chance it, so he had to dispose of her afterwards :(
IMO

I wonder about this too. Surely it can't just be that he 'fits'? The investigation, from what I've read of the official German statements, seems really (overly, almost) dependent upon public input.

Like many cases, the McStay case always comes to mind for me, law enforcement know far more far before and we generally are not privy to it whilst they get their ducks in a row. Everything comes out at trial.

Coincidentally people also accused family members for their disappearance. Its a shame that the desire to KNOW NOW encourages many to jump to their own conclusions for their own satisfactions, and they don't even realise they are doing it. Patience.

I think MM was stolen to order. I don’t believe that CB was only looking to satisfy his sick fantasies. If that were the case, he could have preyed on a poor Portuguese child without the risk of international police and media attention. I think he was trying to cash in on his depravity. One report says that after MM’s abduction, CB went back to Germany and opened a corner shop and moved into an attached apartment. How did he get money to do that?
I think so too.
I was looking at his timeline - or as much as we know ...from the DM:

2007 - he was in Dresden with a girlfriend (not from this link - another one)
2008 - Augsburg
2011 - Drug smuggling in Niebull and Schleswig- Holstein
2014 - Running a kiosk in Braunschweig

So just WHAT do they actually have on him?

His word (via the snitch).

And his word in this case carries serious weight for two reasons: The mound of circumstantial evidence against him and the fact that he was able to back up his bragging about the American lady with a video.

Aside from that, the German police have stated two things:
1. They have more evidence.
2. They don't have a video.

Because as his crimes progressed and after he'd got away with more and more, the more chances he took and went further and further. Also if it was him, a paedophile has much difficulty in holding back their desires. Also his psychopathology maybe that women (for gratification)are viewed differently to him than children, (without going into too much detail)

Yes,he wants to humiliate women,children may just fulfil his needs and then it's easier to kill them IMO

He said he did it and appears to have described in detail how he did it. It's his confession coupled with the fact that he fits that seems to be giving the Germans confidence.

We have in UK. A black box is offered by insurance companies to bring costs down.

We do but mostly for new drivers. This is not mandatory for everyone.
The UK police use ANPR on most large roads. Probably not so much in more rural areas or small roads.
If CB took MM for money, why would he murder her? He wouldn’t get the money for one and would risk being reported .

Maybe they can prove he was in the area. Even his phone. Maybe even a vehicle. Lots of coincidences I know.
But that isn’t concrete evidence that he took MM.

I think the German prosecutor’s strategy is brilliant. The media attention has to be crushing CB. Not only has he lost the (false) decent reputation which he worked hard to portray to some people, but he’s also fearing for his life. The ONLY people who can protect him right now are the police/prison system. And their ONLY incentive to protect him is if he cooperates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123