Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest worry, is who she will hurt next to get what she wants. Will they drug her before transport?

This may be helpful in explaining transport.
www.aele.org/law/2008ALL12/univ-fla.pdf

"E. Mentally Disturbed Prisoners. Mentally disturbed prisoners and prisoners who appear to be under the influence of a controlled substance, may pose a significant threat to themselves and others.
1. Decisions regarding the use and type of restraining device will be dependent upon the particular prisoner's mental attitude.
2. Flex cuffs may be used in place of handcuffs when the latter are impractical due a physical impairment of the prisoner or other circumstances."

Edited:

Also saw this little blurb:

"G. Violent or Aggressive Prisoners. For violent and/or aggressive prisoners, officers may control the prisoner using leg restraints in addition to handcuffs. Under no circumstances will a prisoner be handcuffed to a part of the transport vehicle."

Last edited:
This reminds me of a case here from 2014 where a 17-year old raped and murdered a little girl. The case dragged on for years. In 2017 the murderer was sent to Western State Hospital in Washington state where there was also a long wait. It took nearly 7 months for the evaluation report and then another 6 months to resolve the case when the man pleaded guilty.

As frustrating as it was it was important to go through the process, especially in his case as he was 17 when he murdered the girl. He also was uncooperative with doctors.

Hopefully we won't have to wait that long for LS' evaluation! I don't believe for one minute that she isn't competent to stand trial! Sigh, but I understand the need to document her sanity. In the end though I believe she's going down. MOO.

When they do these mental competency evaluations, I’m assuming they are determining if she is fit at the present time, correct?

what happens if they say “well clearly she was sane enough to plot, commit, conceal, and lie about a murder, HOWEVER now she is suffering from “ptsd” and NOW suffers from (insert a slew of mental disorders) and can’t stand trial”

what if she lies about her mental state and makes herself seem crazier than she actually is? Do they legally have to take her word? Do they take into consideration her mental clarity back in January?

at first I thought to myself “ha, no way will she be deemed incompetent” but now I’m not so sure.... I guess the practitioners can tell when somebody is trying to game the system.

This reminds me of a case here from 2014 where a 17-year old raped and murdered a little girl. The case dragged on for years. In 2017 the murderer was sent to Western State Hospital in Washington state where there was also a long wait. It took nearly 7 months for the evaluation report and then another 6 months to resolve the case when the man pleaded guilty.

As frustrating as it was it was important to go through the process, especially in his case as he was 17 when he murdered the girl. He also was uncooperative with doctors.

Hopefully we won't have to wait that long for LS' evaluation! I don't believe for one minute that she isn't competent to stand trial! Sigh, but I understand the need to document her sanity. In the end though I believe she's going down. MOO.
I think the length of the delays due to competency evaluations can vary widely. If you look at James Homes (Colorado Movie Theater Shooting), he wasn’t sent to Pueblo until he pled not guilty by reason of insanity more than a year after the shootings — despite his obviously ill mental state.

I watched his trial and read the interview transcripts from his meetings with the doctors. I can confidently say that his evaluation was very thorough, and he was only at Pueblo for 15 days.

(His trial didn’t happen until three years after his arrest, but that was mostly due to the high number of victims. A large number of victims testified at the trial, and he was found guilty of 24 counts of first degree murder and 140 counts of first degree attempted murder.)

All my opinion. I don't think people give LS and her hood rats credit, I do. They been in the game all their life. You know that chick that gives up her kids ssn so you can claim 'em? where you can get this or that? THAT kinda rat. Not some military stressed out wifey.

I don't believe the State needs any witnesses. I expect to see additional people charged. I expect LS the DP, there is nothing less. Legal its offered. Moral its eye for an eye (even tho hardly bssh). I would say life, if it was quick. But this boy, this little human, TRAPPED IN HIS HOME AND VIOLENTLY MURDERED absofinglutely nothing but DP!

Psycho, just a legal Defense obligation to give LS the "best defense possible", this nut bit is expected. I think that other atty bailed cuz she was so disgusted.

Same with the Video Conf/Visitation issue PRIOR to this escape coming out. They "knew" but decided to rattle and got what they got. LS is security risk from day 1, if she's not shackled blame yourself. I'd put her like Hannibal complete w/wheelchair all for MY safety.

We will see more antics from this trapped rat. I am going to enjoy all the tricks shes going to pull. She has nothing to lose, not a cent, a favor, not even her life, nothing. I'd pay to get a seat!

This may be helpful in explaining transport.
www.aele.org/law/2008ALL12/univ-fla.pdf

"E. Mentally Disturbed Prisoners. Mentally disturbed prisoners and prisoners who appear to be under the influence of a controlled substance, may pose a significant threat to themselves and others.
1. Decisions regarding the use and type of restraining device will be dependent upon the particular prisoner's mental attitude.
2. Flex cuffs may be used in place of handcuffs when the latter are impractical due a physical impairment of the prisoner or other circumstances."

Edited:

Also saw this little blurb:

"G. Violent or Aggressive Prisoners. For violent and/or aggressive prisoners, officers may control the prisoner using leg restraints in addition to handcuffs. Under no circumstances will a prisoner be handcuffed to a part of the transport vehicle."

BBM
That might be a problem with her. She figured something out before with her transport from SC to CO and I'll bet she was handcuffed and had leg restraints.
I think more officers for the transport is the answer.
But you watch. She will try to escape the center she's sent to.

When they do these mental competency evaluations, I’m assuming they are determining if she is fit at the present time, correct?

what happens if they say “well clearly she was sane enough to plot, commit, conceal, and lie about a murder, HOWEVER now she is suffering from “ptsd” and NOW suffers from (insert a slew of mental disorders) and can’t stand trial”

what if she lies about her mental state and makes herself seem crazier than she actually is? Do they legally have to take her word? Do they take into consideration her mental clarity back in January?

at first I thought to myself “ha, no way will she be deemed incompetent” but now I’m not so sure.... I guess the practitioners can tell when somebody is trying to game the system.

BBM

The competency evaluation won't involve a determination of whether TS was sane at the time of the crime nearly 6 months ago. Nor will there be a determination that she did the crime. The only purpose of the evaluation is to produce a comprehensive report describing her current mental status. Then the judge will decide if she is competent to stand trial. In other words, is she able to understand the charges against her and to aid her attorneys in her defense? Her mental state at the time of the crime is irrelevant.

A person could be determined to be insane at the time of the crime (based on different evaluations and the eventual outcome in court) but still found competent to stand trial. An example is Andrea Yates from Texas who drowned her 5 children in 2001. She was found not guilty by reason of insanity in her 2nd trial and is still hospitalized. A person can also be found incompetent to stand trial with no suggestion made by anyone that he/she was insane at the time of the crime. An example might be a mob figure arrested for murder years after the crime. By the time of the arrest, if the defendant has early Alzheimer's that is progressing rapidly, he likely will be found incompetent to stand trial.

It's said TS's evaluation will take around 3 months. While the evaluation team obviously will talk at length to TS in addition to performing many tests, there's more to it than taking or not taking TS's word for things. Otherwise the evaluation could be done in a day.

My biggest worry, is who she will hurt next to get what she wants. Will they drug her before transport?

I do agree she is a potential flight risk (although we don't really know the details of what happened in Kansas or know exactly how she was being transported.) But I'd be quite surprised if she was "drugged" for transport to Pueblo. Restrained, yes. Drugged, no. Leaving aside the likely general illegality to forcing drugs on a prisoner under those circumstances, reactions to drugs aren't always predictable. Drugging an agitated mental patient who is already in a hospital setting is quite a different matter from drugging someone in jail and tossing them in a prison van for a 45 minute drive to a hospital. So I'd be surprised if any doctor would prescribe drugs for TS's transport.
JMO

BBM
That might be a problem with her. She figured something out before with her transport from SC to CO and I'll bet she was handcuffed and had leg restraints.
I think more officers for the transport is the answer.
But you watch. She will try to escape the center she's sent to.

I think she will too. I would be watching her like a hawk.

Most state hospital mental health facilities for prisoners are actually a lot worst than jail. She will most likely be in a padded room 23 hours a day with no contact to anyone whatsoever. I can't see her being able to escape. These hospitals are super secure for inmates.

On another note, I haven't been on here for a few weeks. This pandemic has changed my life, but finally my kids are now done with virtual learning. Yayy! Anyone care to give me a quick update? Did she have her June appearance? Anymore evidence pop up? I read somewhere they are reevaluating Gannon jaw? Why! I am sorry for so many questions...

Here for Gannon...
giphy.gif

May everyone have a safe & healthy weekend! Sending healing vibes to Landen, especially.

I think Psychologists can easily spot deception. There are psychological tests that can be used to indicate inconsistencies and deception. LS is not smart enough to fool professionals. Imo

No way will she be declared incompetent. She understands how a trial works and she knew exactly what she was doing when she murdered Gannon and then went to great lengths to cover up her crimes. Imo

Most state hospital mental health facilities for prisoners are actually a lot worst than jail. She will most likely be in a padded room 23 hours a day with no contact to anyone whatsoever. I can't see her being able to escape. These hospitals are super secure for inmates.

On another note, I haven't been on here for a few weeks. This pandemic has changed my life, but finally my kids are now done with virtual learning. Yayy! Anyone care to give me a quick update? Did she have her June appearance? Anymore evidence pop up? I read somewhere they are reevaluating Gannon jaw? Why! I am sorry for so many questions...
Here’s a quick excerpt from a recent article with a timeline I found helpful for quick rundown on LS’s legal maneuvers @kpalma71580 Hope you find it helpful as well.
Quoting Article
“Tuesday, May 19:

- Attorneys for Stauch file a pair of motions calling for her preliminary hearing to be pushed back, as well as possibly allowing her to bond out of jail so that she is able to have video and phone access with counsel from the safety of her home."

Thursday, May 28:

- The judge agrees to push back Stauch's hearing. Stauch's attorneys are told that if they wished to proceed with the motion concerning bond, they must be ready to present evidence at the next court date.

Thursday, June 4:

- Stauch is in court on escape charges after second arrest affidavit alleges she was plotting to break out of the El Paso County jail.

Friday, June 5:

- Mental evaluation ordered for Stauch.”
End Quote!

LStauch will be evaluated at the state mental hospital in Pueblo, CO.
Seems LS doesn’t dig her jail accommodations so she planned another **jailbreak** by breaking out a jail window with a “broom handle” she wanted another jail inmate to provide for her to use! The inmate turned in a letter to Prison Guards (describing her escape plan) LS had slipped under the inmate’s door and ratted LS out (LMAO). So, LS had another arraignment on June 4, for her new “escape charges.” Her June 5 hearing was just a status hearing & it’s been decided to make sure LS is competent enough to stand trial (which she surely is).
And... one of LS’s public defender attorneys has quit. I’m sure they are disgusted with trying to defend her.
Regarding Gannon’s jawbone, it was recently sent by Florida officials to Colorado and it was positively ID’d as Gannon using dental records. His body still has not been turned over to his parents for a proper burial. Pray for them daily.
Glad things are beginning to get back to a little more normal for most of us since the CoVid19 Pandemic started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa