Identified! CA - Long Beach - WhtMale 15-19 - 1392UMCA - 'Paid' stamp on hand- Jun'78 - Kenneth Nevada Williams

on Andy Joe Lepley's NamUs page someone had the same idea because 1107UMCO is listed as a ruleout! I couldn't find an answer online, does NamUs automatically compare DNA and make a rule-out even if its not listed under the rule-out list? I know that NamUs flags potential matching cases but I thought that the agencies still had to go in and manually compare DNA or dentals so that no cases are inadvertently ruled-out.

you're right, sorry! it's too late for me to edit the post now but i could report it for deletion and then re-do the post.

I went through Doe Network & didn't check the ruleouts for Joe on NamUs. It requires logging in and my password keeps expiring, LOL. Lots of similarities between the two. Even the clothing was similar between the Colorado remains & what Joe was wearing when he disappeared. I'm glad it's been checked.

From what we've been told, if both the UP & MP have DNAd in CODIS, they are supposed to be an automatic comparison/rule out. Only manual comparison are listed in NamUs, but I think if they get inundated with the same submitted matches they will update it with cases which are auto comparison. An auto comparison is not listed on the ruleout list because of the sheer volume. I was also told UPs are also compared to each other if they have DNA in CODIS. But there was a mother & son set of unidentified remains ID'd not too long ago, one found in one state, the other in a bordering state along the same route, and that should have been a hit. I never figured out if one was held in CODIS, and one was held locally. The trick is knowing which DNA profiles are held locally and which are in CODIS. So, I always say, when in doubt, send it in.

I think of this case often. I hope Michelle is well, she hasn't been on in a while. The new pm got me more than I thought it would. He looks so familiar and looks 15/16 instead of older. Would LE contact Karl about any information related to Jeff being uid since he contacted LE and forwarded them to Michelle? I assume not. I hope he can be identified soon. Maybe someone will see the pm and recognize him, or a new sketch.

I went through Doe Network & didn't check the ruleouts for Joe on NamUs. It requires logging in and my password keeps expiring, LOL. Lots of similarities between the two. Even the clothing was similar between the Colorado remains & what Joe was wearing when he disappeared. I'm glad it's been checked.

From what we've been told, if both the UP & MP have DNAd in CODIS, they are supposed to be an automatic comparison/rule out. Only manual comparison are listed in NamUs, but I think if they get inundated with the same submitted matches they will update it with cases which are auto comparison. An auto comparison is not listed on the ruleout list because of the sheer volume. I was also told UPs are also compared to each other if they have DNA in CODIS. But there was a mother & son set of unidentified remains ID'd not too long ago, one found in one state, the other in a bordering state along the same route, and that should have been a hit. I never figured out if one was held in CODIS, and one was held locally. The trick is knowing which DNA profiles are held locally and which are in CODIS. So, I always say, when in doubt, send it in.
thank you for explaining it to me! just due to the age of these cases and the fact that they weren't in the same state, I guess it is possible that DNA hasn't been compared. I sent a quick e-mail to the NamUs contributors, just in case :^) I'm sure with the new PM photo I am not the only one who will inquire about Andy so it's probably best to get him ruled out now!

On 6/3/1978 the decedent was found lying on the street

Clothing
BLU T-SHIRT, BLU LEVIS, BR0 BELT, BLU S0CKS, BLU-WHI
On the Body

Footwear
RUNNING SH0ES,
On the Body

Eye Description
Hazel

Hair Color
Brown

They have released a photo of his shoes on NamUS
Original

I shed tears upon seeing this image. Poor boy, my heart aches for him.
This case has always saddened me, such an injustified murder.
I'm placing my hope that he is identified pretty soon, he looked healthy, vibrant and had all his future ahead... My heart aches for him... You'll be identified and there'll justice for you.

I wonder whatever happened to Michelle, my gut instinct tells me that she is not alive. I know it's not right to assume.
From working with families of missing persons I’ve noticed that they go through periods of time where they are active and then they take a break for a time. It’s a tough, emotionally draining process. Moo

From working with families of missing persons I’ve noticed that they go through periods of time where they are active and then they take a break for a time. It’s a tough, emotionally draining process. Moo
That's the most probable scenario, i think that her lead was processed by LE and possibly she is helping them out.

IMO

Don't know, I think it would help though. I think they should also do Douglas Baker, Peter Bergmann, or Mario Doe.
I completely agree, i was going to suggest this case to the DDP but i couldn't forward it as they asked for an agency.

There are now a lot of different organizations and companies providing DNA services, so it's probably most effective to suggest to our guy's LE agencies that they should look into the option.

How can this be done? Via a petition?

I wouldn't have the faintest idea how to go about that, but it might be a reasonable idea. I just meant sending email or leaving a phone message with the recommendation.
I'll send them a email on monday, i sent them one 3 days ago asking if there was any new info on Michelle's lead. I'll ask them if there's a chance that DNA and genealogy can narrow down his identity.

This case is stuck in me.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288