Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so confusing now. The Daily record ALSO say they have interviewed him and this was the one where he repeated he 'had no facts' to say she was dead a number of times.
So two separate papers making up similar things?
Both papers owned by the same company as far as I know, a lot of UK papers are under the same umbrella so comparing different stories is pretty fruitless unfortunately.

thank you.
so, the landlord had use of the jag for three months. but also, within a month of MBM disappearing CB turns up in foral.

and at some point, CB acquires the Winnebago? as he had that in foral. a Winnebago is an expensive vehicle.

and, then after three months CB has to get back to germany again to pick up the jag?

also:
"...the Jaguar, which Brueckner had hitched up to his camper van and driven to north Germany"
that camper van did well to pull a jag from the algarve to northern germany. would have also been a very distinctive sight wherever it stopped.
If it's just a rope tow, would you not need somebody in it to steer and brake?
ETA
And if so, why not drive it? Confused as to how a camper van tows a car

Good point. Story being covered by the Telegraph too so looks legit.

Police withhold proof of Madeleine McCann's 'death' from her parents

I’ve just read down to the lower part of the Telegraph’s article and am surprised to read that the Jaguar was in Germany on 4th May, not as previously stated by Scotland Yard, as remaining in Portugal.
I thought the reason they wanted info on it was because the registration had been transferred to a German citizen but the car remained in Portugal.

“ Scotland Yard - which has been running a £12 million investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance since 2012 - issued misleading information on Brückner’s Jaguar in their appeal earlier this month it emerged on Monday.

The force incorrectly claimed the vehicle was in Portugal at the time of Madeleine’s disappearance. However Mr Wolters confirmed it was in Germany by May 4, the day after Madeleine vanished, meaning it is unlikely that it could have been involved in the abduction.”

It has to be photo/video, depicting something awful and specific, surely? I can’t think of anything else that would fit the information we’ve had.

Easy to see how the info leaking could hugely jeopardise the investigation, too. If an image contained an unusual weapon, for example, and that leaked out in the press, then any subsequent witnesses confirming that CB owned such a weapon would become suspect and useless in court.

This is from a German article - translation may not be perfect as it’s just auto translated on chrome but apparently the mirror was wrong -

"Unfortunately I can't tell you where the 'Mirror' got its information from, but it's not mine," explains Wolters. Although he had spoken to a newspaper reporter, he could assure him that he had not made such statements. We still have evidence-based evidence that the suspect killed Madeleine McCann. So this is not my private opinion, but the result of the previous investigation, "Wolters clarifies and adds:" However, we do not have forensic evidence of Maddie's death. "
Eh? Evidence-based evidence?

The force incorrectly claimed the vehicle was in Portugal at the time of Madeleine’s disappearance. However Mr Wolters confirmed it was in Germany by May 4, the day after Madeleine vanished, meaning it is unlikely that it could have been involved in the abduction.”
Wtfffff. So now they don’t think the jag was used in the abduction? So why release the photo of it in the first place? I am SO baffled.

Prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters Wolters said today: “We have written to the McCanns to tell them Madeleine is dead and explaining we just cannot say what the evidence is.

“We have concrete evidence that our suspect has killed Madeleine.

“British police have been informed but don’t have all the evidence we have. The results of our investigation have been shared but not every detail has been passed to Scotland Yard.

Mr Wolters said: “I understand what the McCann family lawyer is saying. I sympathise with the parents but if we reveal more details to them it might jeopardise the investigation

This is a murder case not a missing persons case. We have been quite clear throughout that we are investigating a murder and have evidence for that.

“We can understand the pain of the parents and they want relief, but it is better for them that we have a clear and successful conclusion to the case.

“There is no realistic hope she is alive. Of course I understand the parents want to believe she is until they see a body.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11871138/madeleine-mccann-german-cops-kate-gerry-letter-dead/
Apart from her body, what exactly could the evidence be to make them so certain?

well, even video or photo could be faked [so not 100% proof], but it seems they are getting closer with each statement.
now it is concrete evidence that our suspect has killed Madeleine.

that is even more specific than, 'we know she is dead'... which was then followed by... 'we know she was murdered'.
are they speaking to someone each day, finding out more? or are they sifting though video/photos each day, finding out more? or both?

I’ve just read down to the lower part of the Telegraph’s article and am surprised to read that the Jaguar was in Germany on 4th May, not as previously stated by Scotland Yard, as remaining in Portugal.
I thought the reason they wanted info on it was because the registration had been transferred to a German citizen but the car remained in Portugal.

“ Scotland Yard - which has been running a £12 million investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance since 2012 - issued misleading information on Brückner’s Jaguar in their appeal earlier this month it emerged on Monday.

That is quite amazing! The amount of tabloid speculation that started and got people thinking him re-registering that vehicle was evidence must have been huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288