GUILTY OK - Teagan, 4, and Ryan Dennis, 3, die in hot truck, Tulsa, 13 June 2020 *dad arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

LadyL

Reaction score
Dad forgets kids, 4 and 3, in locked truck for hours as temperatures reach lower 90s; He’s charged with murder

June 14, 2020

An Oklahoma dad has been charged with murder after he left his two children locked in his truck for several hours on Saturday as temperatures soared into the lower 90s.

Dustin Lee Dennis, 31, told police he drove to a Tulsa QuikTrip with Teagan, 4, and Ryan, 3, about noon, Fox23 reported. When he returned, a neighbor’s security camera showed him getting out of the truck and locking it, then going inside without the children.

He fell asleep for four or five hours, he said, and when he awoke, couldn’t find the kids. He told police he found them on the truck’s floor and moved them inside, where paramedics pronounced them dead.

“The children had not been checked on for nearly five hours during the time they were locked inside vehicle,” the arrest report said.

A https://www..com/f/757ba-funeral-ex...JLt8C1vXQF7dJH8QVVg1k2zmL5XkyLptFPepcolw7Ye_8 set up by the children’s aunt said that they were at their father’s for visitation and are survived by their mother Cheyenne, sisters Emma and Ava, and brothers Brantley, Tyler and Treyton.

Dennis has been charged with two counts of second degree murder, and his bond has been set at $750,000. He is expected in court on Friday.

Screen-Shot-2020-06-14-at-8.05.42-PM.jpg

Dad forgets kids, 4 and 3, in locked truck for hours as temperatures reach lower 90s; He’s charged with murder

Police: Two children found dead after locked inside truck for 5 hours, dad arrested

June 14, 2020

TULSA, Okla. — A Tulsa man was arrested Saturday after police say he left his two children inside a locked truck for five hours.

Dustin Lee Dennis, 31, is facing two counts of second-degree murder after his children, who were both under the age of five, were pronounced dead at his home, according to an arrest report.

EQULMITERRGRNGCDOLSC2WYXB4.jpg

Dennis told police he drove to QuikTrip with his children around noon and then returned to his home in the 1700 block of East 61st Street South, according to an arrest report.

A family member identified the children Sunday as Teagan, 4, and Ryan, 3, Dennis.

[..]

Dennis told police he found his children in the floorboard of the truck and then moved the children to the living room where paramedics pronounced the children dead, according to an arrest report.

The cause of the children’s death was not immediately released.

A neighbor had video of Dennis leaving, then locking his truck and going inside without getting the children out, police said.

“The children had not been checked on for nearly five hours during the time they were locked inside vehicle," an arrest report states.

Sounds like a load of bs to me but I wonder if he was coming down off something to make him crash for four or five hrs? Maybe a night owl per his 2 am post, IDK
My two youngest are 13 months apart. One might have let the other out of the car seats? Perhaps.
Bleh those eyes say it all. JMO and banter. So very sad.

June 14, 2020

An Oklahoma dad has been charged with murder after he left his two children locked in his truck for several hours on Saturday as temperatures soared into the lower 90s.

Dustin Lee Dennis, 31, told police he drove to a Tulsa QuikTrip with Teagan, 4, and Ryan, 3, about noon, Fox23 reported. When he returned, a neighbor’s security camera showed him getting out of the truck and locking it, then going inside without the children.

He fell asleep for four or five hours, he said, and when he awoke, couldn’t find the kids. He told police he found them on the truck’s floor and moved them inside, where paramedics pronounced them dead.

“The children had not been checked on for nearly five hours during the time they were locked inside vehicle,” the arrest report said.

A ******** set up by the children’s aunt said that they were at their father’s for visitation and are survived by their mother Cheyenne, sisters Emma and Ava, and brothers Brantley, Tyler and Treyton.

Dennis has been charged with two counts of second degree murder, and his bond has been set at $750,000. He is expected in court on Friday.
7 kids? That’s a lot of potential child support -I wonder if they were on video getting into the truck with him? And the 4 year old couldn’t unlock the door? There’s got to be more to this
JMO

The Tulsa District Attorney Office released this statement:

“Today Investigators with the Tulsa Police Department brought to the attention of the District Attorney’s Office additional information they were able to develop in the matter of the deaths of Tegan and Ryan Dennis. Detectives within the Child Crisis Unit were concerned about conflicting information as it related to the initially reported facts. Video surveillance footage from a neighbor’s home confirmed that the children managed to get into the truck and tragically never got out. Based upon that newly discovered evidence the detectives immediately reported it to our office. We then presented that information to the judge who initially set bond. Mr. Dennis was authorized for release on a personal recognizance bond.No formal charges have been filed in this case. It is always important to note that our Constitution guarantees the presumption of innocence for any person accused of or arrested for a crime. That presumption of innocence remains until and unless a judge or jury determines otherwise. “

Father of 2 children who died in a hot car released from jail

Do I have this right, initially it was reported that camera footage showed him getting out of the truck without the children, but then more footage was found of the children going into the truck later by themselves? Is there footage showing them getting out of the truck after him, then? Or could they have been left home alone while he went out? Then he comes home and falls asleep and they decide to go outside?
I'm not judging, just wondering the timeline. I hope this was an accident, exhausted and fell asleep, but not additional negligence.
My heart goes out to those who love these children, especially their mama, siblings, and grandparents.

When child locks are enabled they can’t get out from the inside. Such a tragedy
What I don't get is that early reports said video showed him getting out of the truck alone and locking it. Later reports said the kids were seen on video getting into the truck themselves.
2 Tulsa children die after getting trapped in hot car
Father of 2 children who died in a hot car released from jail

If the early report was inaccurate I wish the news source would clarify it as inaccurate. At least explain if the kids unlocked the truck or if the dad never locked it.

Since charges were dropped I assume LE saw all video.

Oklahoma father of 2 children who died in hot truck released

June 15, 2020

Dustin Dennis, 31, was released after investigators reviewed a neighbor’s surveillance camera footage that showed his 4-year-old daughter, Tegan, and 3-year-old son, Ryan, getting into the truck but not coming back out, the Tulsa District Attorney Office said.

The Tulsa district attorney presented the new evidence to the judge who initially set Dennis’ bond, and he was released. No formal charges have been filed.
[..]

Dennis had told police that he took his children to a convenience store around noon Saturday. Upon arriving home, he went inside and fell asleep for four or five hours. When he awoke he found the children inside the vehicle. He called the police after he carried the children inside the house.

Police said the children were in the car for five hours as the temperature hit low 90s in Tulsa on Saturday, according to the National Weather Service.

Nothing changed from the initial narrative about going to the store around noon. I think even if staying up late night before, it would be difficult to accidentally fall asleep for 5 hours mid-day. Perhaps dad put the kids down for a nap too. Tragedy all around. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jglreyes
Back