Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is exactly the problem with posting tabloid sources when they routinely make things up or misinform

Why would the German prosecutor write to the parents to tell them MM is dead when he has said something contradictory on the record?

Totally agree. The UK tabloids just make stuff up.

If any info has to be passed it is done to the police counterpart. Not directly to the affected family. That is the protocol.

It' been reported by several outlets including the Mail, Telegraph, Sun and Sky, the source being the Prosecutor speaking from his office that they have sent a lettet to the McCanns.

But he doesn't say he knows MM is dead. Only that he assumes it. Which is what he said on the record a week ago. There is nothing new here.

Only the DM but a couple of points in it I haven't read before.
Madeleine McCann: Portuguese police prepare to search wells | Daily Mail Online

"A single-storey farmhouse the prime suspect rented is less than half an hour away from where the three-year-old disappeared in 2007.
The building has a number of old wells on its land and a path leading to a beach Madeleine went to."

Is it possible CB spotted M before May 3rd?

If any info has to be passed it is done to the police counterpart. Not directly to the affected family. That is the protocol.
That's not what they're saying. HCW says in a German article posted upthread he has no idea where the Mirror got their quotes from about it "being his theory and personal opinion", it sounds like all he actually conceded to them was that without a body, there is obviously a small possibility she could be alive.

Following this misquote and pressure mounting on them from the McCann's people to realease this big piece of evidence that convinces them of a murder and CBs involvement, he has written a letter basically saying they cannot reveal the evidence as it could jeopardise the investigation but they are in absolutely no doubt that MM is dead.

To me it sounds like they are basically saying you need to trust us on this and don't keep pushing, the important thing for now is getting the conviction.

Last edited:

But in this case. The UK police don't have any legal claim to the German case on Bruckner, he is a German Citizen and it's their investigation. They are informing the family of their findings as a courtesy and have said their priority is to prosecute and not share the evidence. It seems odd that they haven't relayed stuff to SY but that seems to be the way it is.

Does it though? How many active pedophiles capable of abduction do you know in every 50 mile radius? I bloody hope there’s not a fair few to choose from.

unfortunately I have a feeling there are a lot! Put it this way, when something like this does happen, the police normally have a few hundred in the local area to go through. Now remember this guy is a juvenile offender (reading between the lines he’s a 17 year old with a girlfriend below 14 looking at his conviction) and is not known to German authorities for two decades having been abroad...

50 miles is a long distance for an opportunity abduction. The other case there’s anecdotal evidence he’s in the country around that time. These seem flimsy at best.

if they can link this to him, let’s review these other ones, but at the moment we need to be calm. Guilty gets found eventually

The UK tabloids want to sell newspapers, they don't need the 'truth', the 'truth' might be an obstacle to selling lots of newspapers.

'A Few Good Men', 'they can't handle the truth!'

But in this case. The UK police don't have any legal claim to the German case on Bruckner, he is a German Citizen and it's their investigation. They are informing the family of their findings as a courtesy and have said their priority is to prosecute and not share the evidence. It seems odd that they haven't relayed stuff to SY but that seems to be the way it is.

it’s the way it should be. Their job is to solve crime and lock up the bad guys. The media can find something else to do for now. Too many trials fall apart due to media interference.

OK - so if you read primary German reporting of what the prosecutor says, he is saying there is a theoretical possibility MM is alive, but that there is no evidence she is alive and that the prosecution naturally assumes she is dead based on many evidential points.

"Hundertprozentige forensische Sicherheit kann ich nicht bieten." Aus Sicht der Ermittler sei aber klar, dass das Mädchen getötet wurde. Es gebe so viele Anhaltspunkte, dass wegen einer Straftat ermittelt werde - in Deutschland sei das eben Mord.

He can't give 100% forensic certainty. However from the perspective of the investigators MM was murdered. There are so many indications of a crime which in Germany is murder.

[rough translation]

Fall Maddie: Keine Anhaltspunkte, dass Mädchen noch lebt

OK - so if you read primary German reporting of what the prosecutor says, he is saying there is a theoretical possibility MM is alive, but that there is no evidence she is alive and that the prosecution naturally assumes she is dead based on many evidential points.

He can't give 100% forensic certainty. However from the perspective of the investigators MM was murdered. There are so many indications of a crime which in Germany is murder.

[rough translation]

That's how I understand it too. A similar case IMO is Claudia Lawrence in the UK. No forensic evidence, no testimony of anyone killing her but it's a murder enquiry because she disappeared and has had no contact or been seen in years. The German Police are not being emotional about it as the UK police have been in trying to avoid calling it a murder case.

I am almost certain they have video evidence of MM.
could IT be likely CB also showed this to his pal in the pub along with the rape of the elderly women?
They are not saying however as it would indicate the evidence they have.

also is it possible that they have been onto CB for sometime and the “pal” was an undercover agent? Whom he’s built up trust with over time.

Prayers for MM and her family. It is grim.

I brought this up before, because I think that's possible. They have done this before in the disappearance of German teenager Georgine Krüger. Undercover cop befriended the suspect and he confessed to him. He raped and killed her in his basement and then threw her body in the trash and the body was never found. He was still convicted.

[rough translation]

Fall Maddie: Keine Anhaltspunkte, dass Mädchen noch lebt
When run through google translate, the extract you quoted comes out slightly differently-

"From the perspective of the investigators, however, it is clear that the girl was killed."

Is that accurate?

I'm finding alot of these reports very frustrating.

No indication she is alive is also no indication she is dead. Its like schrodingers cat! Currently she is both l. I would be appauled if they wrote to the parents to say she is dead wit hout hard evidence.

When run through google translate, the extract you quoted comes out slightly differently-

"From the perspective of the investigators, however, it is clear that the girl was killed."

Is that accurate?

I would translate it word for word something like

But in the view of the investigators it is clear the girl was murdered.

I don't see that adds anything to the sense of how I translated it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member