Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Germans do believe CB is their man but are lacking the forensic evidence- this tells me they do have media footage of some sort from that memory card- the Portuguese say there was no match between CB and the saliva. For whatever reason German Officials want to do their own testing on the sample but it could be diplomatic blocks are in place because as of yet it seems Portuguese LE are not fully co operating. But you know, it shouldn't even matter how far DNA testing has came since 2007, if Germany are now working on the case and if there is a chance of matching somebody to this crime, be it CB or any other person in the World, you would think LE in every country would go above and beyond to have it solved. It makes one wonder that German LE are not 100% trusting of either the Portuguese method of testing or of Portuguese LE. You think by now that the people involved in solving this case would be flying over any hurdles, instead of stumbling at every one. X

I fear the Portugese LE are treating it like it is a pee pee contest, unfortunately. Someones doing it for notches on the bedpost, not for the right reasons which is bringing justice to an entire family and protecting even more potential victims. This predator should never have had the chance to continue on his wretched path of assaults and victimising for as long as he did.

Last edited:
Hello, just want to chime in from time to time as part of the German public!
The whole case is not discussed in TV or newspapers anymore. There are still some documentaries being made about the suspect and they are recounting everything we know about the Maddie case, like bringing it back to public memory but nothing new.
I looked around for any reliable German newspapers and this is what I found on multiple good newspapers:
- Hans-Christian Wolters made a public statement saying that he did never say that they have any proof for Maddie being dead and that this had been dragged through media although it is not true. He says that to this time they don't have any proof for Maddie being dead but because of the profile of the suspect and the case, they handle the investigation as a murder investigation because it is just common for sexual motivated crimes to end in murder.
- The police found used articles of girls clothing in a camper that he owned, swimwear and other childrens clothes. They also found a lot of child *advertiser censored*, some of it picturing the suspect.
- The police confessed for mistakes in the investigation made in 2014, where they had clues for the suspect being involved in child ponography but could not arrest him right away. It is possible that he destroyed evidence in that time.
This is everything for now :)

Thank you for this clarity. This is what I've been saying all along. Your police work differently, they only need suspicion of a death to start a murder enquiry. Our Media (not too bright) have misconstrued a 'concrete suspicion' for 'concrete proof' based on what might happen in the UK with an investigation

Someone from the BBC is now saying the same on Twitter

'@GavinLeeBBC

The Braunschweig prosecutor, Christian Wolters, has made clear to the BBC that there’s no forensic evidence to indicate that #MadeleineMcCann is dead. He adds “We have a fact-based suspicion that the accused (Christian B) has killed Madeleine” It’s a “concrete suspicion” he says'

Thank you for this clarity. This is what I've been saying all along. Your police work differently, they only need suspicion of a death to start a murder enquiry. Our Media (not too bright) have misconstrued a 'concrete suspicion' for 'concrete proof' based on what might happen in the UK with an investigation

Someone from the BBC is now saying the same on Twitter

'@GavinLeeBBC

The Braunschweig prosecutor, Christian Wolters, has made clear to the BBC that there’s no forensic evidence to indicate that #MadeleineMcCann is dead. He adds “We have a fact-based suspicion that the accused (Christian B) has killed Madeleine” It’s a “concrete suspicion” he says'

A concrete suspicion? :confused:

How do the media get away with telling just straight up lies? They even quoted HCW as saying he had ‘concrete’ evidence maddie was dead. Now he’s denying saying saying anything of the sort. How on earth is it even legal??
No idea! My old mum used to say "they can print anything" but surely there's some guidelines......you'd hope.

Slightly different as families automatically have rights as next of kin.
The German LE are essentially saying - hand over DNA for someone we haven't even questioned yet!

Well if Portugal already had his DNA on file they'd have a right. It's like tugging for the cookie when you had the whole jar at one point. Theres a reason this guy felt so comfortable in Portugal and continuously returned!

Its usually considered a reliable source in my experience. Did you guys read the quote at the end from his friend? :(

"Drugs and children..." I wonder if he combined the 2, literally. Just horrific.

Well if Portugal already had his DNA on file they'd have a right. It's like tugging for the cookie when you had the whole jar at one point. Theres a reason this guy felt so comfortable in Portugal and continuously returned!
yep, he was obviously finding it easy to commit crimes there, burglaries, theft, rape, even murder by the looks of things. no wonder he kept going back to Portugal to be fair. seems to be a criminals dream...

Yes, some very interesting peer reviewed articles out there too, which is what I suggest one reads after having an intro into watching video's etc, if anyone's interested in the subject.
It's a very interesting subject to work with and of course studies are continuing and are being published all the time. Of course a LOT is known and a LOT is still theory.
To date there's not too much studies that have carried out on Zoophilia which is disappointing, probably because it's still a very taboo subject.
It's a hugely interesting and at times, perplexing subject and I'm just dipping my toes in as a non professional.

I read briefly that psychopaths are considered to have a severe form of antisocial personality disorder and with psychopathy in general, there's much debate and divided opinion among medics and scientists as to it's causes, assessment and suitable treatment.
I know that most who have it don't go on to commit (extreme) crime and I feel compassion for children/adolescents who are not properly diagnosed and treated (with CBT for eg) and then go into adulthood.
That's not excusing anyone who has the capability to make decisions in society as to what's right or wrong and could potentially destroy many people's lives.

Anyone else feeling disheartened that the public appeal hasn’t paid off? Just a gut feeling but I’m starting to feel hopelessness. I want justice for Madeleine so bad.
How do you know it hasn't? They've been pretty clear they won't dicuss any of the publicly. Personally, I think it's a good sign that we've heard certain people of interest have been tracked down but that we haven't heard any wild tabloid articles about them. It means the Press have probably been told they are off limits as they are key witnesses.

Being treated well, or putting some on a "good side" for a narcissist is usually done for the self. They lack empathy so they cannot treat others well, it is usually a manipulation tactic if it appears this way. Everyone is to be used.

Just to add to this, the having those little dogs was probably also to serve some purpose for him. With the women "responsible guy with 2 fur babies" and with little children "oh look at that dog mummy can I pet it"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa