GA - Rayshard Brooks, 27, fatally shot in Wendy’s car park, Atlanta, 12 Jun 2020 *officer charged*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@HayleyMasonTV

Attorneys representing fired Atlanta officer Garrett Rolfe just sent me this statement in regards to the shooting death of Rayshard Brooks. The LoRusso Law Firm is representing Garrett Rolfe.
EavMB9UX0AEY9NU

EavMB9UWoAAmua4

https://twitter.com/HayleyMasonTV/status/1273335658048880640/photo/2

Examined taser logs, consulted with taser maker who makes this specific taser

Why does one of the guys standing behind Howard have a mask on? It's down below his nose??

Yeah I saw Howard sweating profusely.

He knows hes preventing Atlanta from burning to the ground. He knows which side will act out violently and which side will not.

The justice system is being held hostage by the lawless. Welcome to the new America.

Jmho

After the DA speaks, we will be provided an interview with the family and their attorney, as well as an interview with three eye witnesses and their attorney. A circus and a trial before charges are official. How unprecedented <s>

"Ending 'police brutality' is actually pretty simple. Just stop breaking the law, resisting arrest, and obey their orders."

But there are multiple recent cases in that receipt didn't work. And breaking the law is not in itself justification for a massively disproportionate LE response. And resisting arrest when the arrest is unjustified is not in itself justification for a massively disproportionate LE response. And not obeying orders that are unheard or conflicting or are themselves violations of rights is not in itself justification for a massively disproportionate LE response -- look at the Breonna Taylor case. Or the killing of Botham Jean.

Simple recipes for complex and historically-inflected problems that ignore a vast population profoundly affected by the problem, are unlikely, IMO, to work. I mean, sure, if no one breaks the law, ever, then hopefully we would see fewer of these cases. But we'd still see them, because there are aspects of the way LE interact with citizens, particularly citizens belonging to specific (usually BAME) populations, that need detailed addressing. There is a half-century at least of studies across the political spectrum looking at LE/community relations and LE culture. Not sure it can be boiled down to a dictum -- and as a law-abiding member of a community who is affected by this -- and between two countries, to boot -- I have some direct experience of it, as did my father, who was a judge.

Anyway, this case is on a fine edge. I'll be following it closely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RonaldLew