Jewelry/Clothing found with Princess Blue's remains

I have questions or thoughts on the possibility of a ring inscription or initials. If the ring was sized up, that process would have involved a cut through the lower portion and adding sizing stock etc. so it may not have ruined the engraving, depending on what it was, but it’s obviously not there in 1990.

I was reading about reagents and techniques to recover marks and things on metal plates and old gold/silver items and it seems like maybe that could be an option? Ultrasonic imaging was used to give an almost clear picture of a key brand that had been “removed” by grinding. I wonder what, if anything, was done to check for an inscription.

I really don't think there was much effort to recover an inscription from the class ring, all I recall is that if there was an inscription it was worn down and illegible. If you want to go to Princess Blue's case on NamUs.gov and find the contact information and get in touch with them. I know that Princess Blue's remains are still at the UNT in hopes there may be other testing they can do to identify her, IMO that time is here already.

I have questions or thoughts on the possibility of a ring inscription or initials. If the ring was sized up, that process would have involved a cut through the lower portion and adding sizing stock etc. so it may not have ruined the engraving, depending on what it was, but it’s obviously not there in 1990.

I was reading about reagents and techniques to recover marks and things on metal plates and old gold/silver items and it seems like maybe that could be an option? Ultrasonic imaging was used to give an almost clear picture of a key brand that had been “removed” by grinding. I wonder what, if anything, was done to check for an inscription.

I put in a call today, but am going to call back Monday and speak with the forensic anthropologist at the Harris County Institute of Forensic Science. Hopefully she will be able to at least give me some insight into whether or not anything was done then, or what can be done now. The studies using ultrasonic imaging were quite spectacular, so I'm optimistic that it could be a viable option! I'm also going to check and see if they've found the DNA comparison results that I requested a little while back. ::fingers crossed::

Good luck! ::fingers crossed::
You put in a DNA comparison quite a while ago and they couldn't find it, is that what you are saying? Do you care to let us in on who it is you want have compared to Princess Blue?

I put in a call today, but am going to call back Monday and speak with the forensic anthropologist at the Harris County Institute of Forensic Science. Hopefully she will be able to at least give me some insight into whether or not anything was done then, or what can be done now. The studies using ultrasonic imaging were quite spectacular, so I'm optimistic that it could be a viable option! I'm also going to check and see if they've found the DNA comparison results that I requested a little while back. ::fingers crossed::

I originally contacted them to see if they had any record of a comparison, because the MP I was curious about wasn't listed on PB's R/O list. They told me that both girls' DNA should have been in the system, so she should technically be considered a R/O because there wasn't a hit, but they were going to double check. I was requesting that PB be compared with Narissa Franklin, who ran away from her foster home in Mississippi in December 1989 when she was 15 years old. I thought that they might not have had DNA for her, depending on the circumstances of her being placed in foster care, but the person I spoke with at the Institute of Forensic Science seemed to believe otherwise. (The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs))

Good luck! ::fingers crossed::
You put in a DNA comparison quite a while ago and they couldn't find it, is that what you are saying? Do you care to let us in on who it is you want have compared to Princess Blue?

Good job, I am glad you are double checking, there is a good possibility that Narissa's DNA isn't/wasn't in the system. She looked like a possible match to PB,

I originally contacted them to see if they had any record of a comparison, because the MP I was curious about wasn't listed on PB's R/O list. They told me that both girls' DNA should have been in the system, so she should technically be considered a R/O because there wasn't a hit, but they were going to double check. I was requesting that PB be compared with Narissa Franklin, who ran away from her foster home in Mississippi in December 1989 when she was 15 years old. I thought that they might not have had DNA for her, depending on the circumstances of her being placed in foster care, but the person I spoke with at the Institute of Forensic Science seemed to believe otherwise. (The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs))

Possible break in the case being discussed online (I don't think I can share the link). Julie Gwenn Davis might be Princess Blue according to unconfirmed reports. Some fundraising is also going on (before an official announcement?) so I'm just a bit leery about it.

NamUs has both records still active and is not confirming a match as of yet. Details of both records do seem like a decent match and the cases haven't been excluded from each other.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Possible break in the case being discussed online (I don't think I can share the link). Julie Gwenn Davis might be Princess Blue according to unconfirmed reports. Some fundraising is also going on (before an official announcement?) so I'm just a bit leery about it.

NamUs has both records still active and is not confirming a match as of yet. Details of both records do seem like a decent match and the cases haven't been excluded from each other.
Both these pages are gone now, at least for me.

Both cases are not available, does that mean they are a match, you think?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back