GA - Rayshard Brooks, 27, fatally shot in Wendy’s car park, Atlanta, 12 Jun 2020 *officer charged*

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I don't think so. I think the kick was probably to the taser and the standing on the arm to prevent another shot. They then retrieved the medical kit to give first aid but DA said it was two minutes before they began CPR. Perhaps they were trying to staunch the bleeding but one shot was in the heart, the DA said, one other shot hit him and one shot hit a nearby car with people in it from Memphis. :-(
I'm anxiously waiting to see the defense attorney tear this guy apart. Sometimes people should just keep their mouth shut. That goes for the DA as well.

Was it two minutes from the time he was shot? Or was it two minutes from the time he had the first aid kit and was standing over him? If it was two minutes from the time he was shot, let's break it down.
30 seconds to walk each way back and forth to the cruiser. 30 seconds to grab the first aid kit and gloves. 15 seconds to don the gloves. 15 seconds to grab whatever he needed to grab in the first aid kit.
Now what?
Two minutes from the time he had the kit and started first aid? That's simple. If he wasn't cuffed, maybe he was still moving and maybe the cop thought he was still a threat?

When I first watched the video from Wendy's, I timed how long it took for the ambulance to respond, because I was skeptical. It took 8 minutes. I don't think that's a bad response time at all.

If the DA claims he was shot in the heart, it really wouldn't matter how long it took to render first aid.

The DA said the officer admitted to it. The DA also said several things that Officer Brosnan’s attorney said is not accurate. Officer Brosnan’s attorney also said that the officer had been tased, hit his head, and was limping. That doesn’t seem in line with what the DA describes.

11 charges, including murder, for officer who shot Rayshard Brooks; 2nd officer also charged
Anyone seen any video of Brosnan limping? When shots were fired he momentarily stopped and kind of moved away from the action and when Brooks fell he moved toward Brooks. I did not see any limping, at least at this point.

Is it typical to interview someone suspected of a dui for 41 minutes? I really have no idea. Anyone know.

Officers are taught to communicate with their partners when 5hey think a suspect has a deadly weapon or has taken one of theirs.
This happened in just seconds. Brooks attacked the officers, overpowered them, took the taser and tased one of them and took off. I seriously doubt that there was time for the officer whose taser was taken to communicate that it was his taser and not his handgun taken.

The DA said the officer admitted to it. The DA also said several things that Officer Brosnan’s attorney said is not accurate. Officer Brosnan’s attorney also said that the officer had been tased, hit his head, and was limping. That doesn’t seem in line with what the DA describes.

11 charges, including murder, for officer who shot Rayshard Brooks; 2nd officer also charged

He was, his left hand. He was ask about his hand several times and was kinda shaking it.

I’ll be the first to admit I don’t understand the whole “standing on his shoulders” thing.
I think that was a twist of words the DA used to make everyone think he has both feet on the guys shoulders.
What I saw, was one foot on his shoulder, and his other on the ground, and if you look at the photo, all his weight in on the leg that's on the ground.

You will be waiting forever- the DA will not acknowledge that Brooks fought with the officers and shot a taser at one of them.
It's the DA's job to show how the cops violated the law, and to paint the victim as just that. The victim.
That's why it's unfair to hold court of public opinion.
In a court trial, the DA will have to submit Brady Discovery, pre trial, turning over any exculpatory evidence that may exonerate a defendant.

I think that was a twist of words the DA used to make everyone think he has both feet on the guys shoulders.
What I saw, was one foot on his shoulder, and his other on the ground, and if you look at the photo, all his weight in on the leg that's on the ground.
Lying we usually call that. Or embellishing the truth, if we are kind. I think that those two cops were lucky that it was only a taser that Brooks grabbed.

Last edited:
But they were okay with being seen kicking him and standing on his shoulders AFTER he was shot? Is that part of their training that kicked in? Their training says that they cannot shoot someone running away.

I will for sure have to wait and see on this. You're taking a still photograph from a very active scene. For all we know the officer is kicking the taser away?! I'm not believing everything we heard today. The officer's life was in danger...should he get tazed then what? 50/50 chance Brooks continues running or he takes his gun from the officer. This guy has a lengthy, violent past and I can't imagine he had good intentions at all especially with the thought of returning to prison. From what I'm aware of and likely in this thread he was on early release from prison on parole due to Covid. Had he not been drinking and driving breaking the law none of this would have even happened! Horrific all the way around. Cops will be quitting...and I don't blame them one bit!

This happened in just seconds. Brooks attacked the officers, overpowered them, took the taser and tased one of them and took off. I seriously doubt that there was time for the officer whose taser was taken to communicate that it was his taser and not his handgun taken.
Have to disagree with you there. Brosnan can clearly be heard saying , “let go of the taser”, during the struggle. He had more than ample time to communicate that his gun was taken, if it was and it was not, besides its very difficult nowadays to grab a holstered gun from a uniformed officer.

Why are they using a Tennessee case with Tennessee law with regards to this case?
Tenneessee V. Garner is a case that originated in Tennessee, and then was appealed to the US Supreme court, meaning it applies in Ga. as well.
When the DA cited that case. I thought it was a clever little twist on how he worded it to insinuate he wasn't allowed to use deadly force.
He claims it states "It's not okay to use deadly force unless"....
In reality it states "An officer may use only if"....

Tennessee v. Garner, 471 U.S. 1 (1985)

Have to disagree with you there. Brosnan can clearly be heard saying , “let go of the taser”, during the struggle. He had more than ample time to communicate that his gun was taken, if it was and it was not, besides its very difficult nowadays to grab a holstered gun from a uniformed officer.
I will repeat once again that a police taser is a deadly weapon. IDGAF. I'm wagering a wild guess his autopsy shows up a tad more than just alcohol as .1 is not high enough to pass out IMO...I had a .23 in my wild days.

several videos from 11 Alive:

@43 minutes from when officer arrived at Wendy's up to the struggle (police bodycam)

--
dash-cam @ 1min 6 sec., the struggle:

--
the chase/shooting: (no audio for me)

--

separate full police-cam video from first encounter through shooting/and afterward (describes where shot) @ 1 hr 26 min total)

YouTube

Last edited:
Given, maybe his lengthy prison time may have lowered his tolerance, but I'll bet money something else was also in his system. Also, was he at his daughter's birthday who he beat, or his mom's grave. I've never seen any "normal person" pass out at a .1

But Officer Bronson, according to his attorney and medical records, was tased after Brooks grabbed the taser and then Officer Bronson hit his head causing a concussion. He may not have been able to communicate anything during that time.

Mr. Brooks took his taser from him and Mr. Brooks used it against Devin. Devin hit his head hard on the asphalt parking lot. He later received medical treatment and was diagnosed with a concussion at Grady. Devin also has burns from the taser, and other injuries.
After Mr. Brooks ran away, with Officer Rolfe in pursuit, Devin got up and followed. You can tell from the video that he is limping. What you can’t tell is that he was disoriented from the head injury.“

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member