PA PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think that this Ray may have been placed in a witness protection program?

yes , Hastings, and welcome to WS! yes it's been batted around forever and I always thought it was possible, but there are some compelling things that point away from it.

also it was 100 percent denied by the WPP , but then why would they ever tell..? it wouldn't be witness protection then, would it?

mOO

Does anyone think that this Ray may have been placed in a witness protection program?

Everyone in LE says no.

I am of the opinion that if the government wanted to hide someone, they wouldn't like people posting about him all over the Internet for 15 years.

What would you expect LE to say, yes? Naturally they are going to deny it. The reason for the Witness Protection Program is to Protect
people, not give away that it is a known fact that he is in it.

Besides, if he was placed in it, there are few people that have that knowledge.

What would you expect LE to say, yes? Naturally they are going to deny it. The reason for the Witness Protection Program is to Protect
people, not give away that it is a known fact that he is in it.

Besides, if he was placed in it, there are few people that have that knowledge.

The Witness Security Program generally does make it public, and will inform others in LE as well.

Look at my posts. Each has a photo of RFG and the bottom. Nobody in WSP would want the photo of someone they are protecting splattered across the Internet.

well he could have had plastic surgery to alter his face. perhaps his relation with PF was dying on the vine...perhaps she didn't want to go...and Ray had to go.

I can think of plenty of reasons Ray could go into protection . One major one being REVENGE.

still, the computer...maybe Ray had to be seen destroying the computer to make it look like he took a powder on this own dime...I'm just saying.

it really could be. not saying it is , but it could..also I don't think the US Government has the jurisdiction to shut down his image and his story from the public for 15 years.

this isn't China.

mOO

RFG has a daughter and a nephew. They wouldn't have to tell PEF.

Also, WSP protects witnesses. They don't protect people from revenge, as such.

what if he was a witness though? what if he found out about something and the people involved would know Ray was the rat...and if Ray ratted, then it was the state's responsibility to protect him, so I disagree...and righto on PEF. She could literally have no idea. mOO

what if he was a witness though? what if he found out about something and the people involved would know Ray was the rat...and if Ray ratted, then it was the state's responsibility to protect him, so I disagree...and righto on PEF. She could literally have no idea. mOO

He would have had to have testified. 15+ years is a lot of time to wait for a trial.

maybe they were able to make their case without Ray's testimony. mOO

Hello! I am new here. Long time lurker, one of my first times posting.

I have read about this case on and off throughout the years. This is probably silly, but I have always wondered. Is it possible that Ray was the one that smoked the cigarette, or at least lit the cigarette and let it burn some? Maybe to throw the people off he knew would eventually come looking for him? I thought I had read they found cigarette ashes in the car, but that Ray did not smoke and was known to be against it.

Just seems like a smart way to throw people off. Always wondered if he disappeared intentionally to start a new life. He seemed to have the knowledge to know how to do it. Maybe his new life was on the laptop he destroyed?

Just some thoughts that maybe have been mentioned before. Such a strange case and has always drawn me in.

Hello! I am new here. Long time lurker, one of my first times posting.

I have read about this case on and off throughout the years. This is probably silly, but I have always wondered. Is it possible that Ray was the one that smoked the cigarette, or at least lit the cigarette and let it burn some? Maybe to throw the people off he knew would eventually come looking for him? I thought I had read they found cigarette ashes in the car, but that Ray did not smoke and was known to be against it.

Just seems like a smart way to throw people off. Always wondered if he disappeared intentionally to start a new life. He seemed to have the knowledge to know how to do it. Maybe his new life was on the laptop he destroyed?

Just some thoughts that maybe have been mentioned before. Such a strange case and has always drawn me in.
It is a strange case. Where I live, two people have recently committed suicide at the same location. Both left the keys in their cars and the cars unlocked. The fact that Ray locked the car and took his keys has me convinced he wasn't planning a suicide. He was planning to come back to his vehicle. I don't see any reason for him to start a new life. He had one adult daughter and a girlfriend. He was getting ready to retire so he really didn't have anything to run from. Just my opinion.

It is a strange case. Where I live, two people have recently committed suicide at the same location. Both left the keys in their cars and the cars unlocked. The fact that Ray locked the car and took his keys has me convinced he wasn't planning a suicide. He was planning to come back to his vehicle. I don't see any reason for him to start a new life. He had one adult daughter and a girlfriend. He was getting ready to retire so he really didn't have anything to run from. Just my opinion.

Like my other answer, he could have taken them with him.

This is true, he definitely had reasons to stay. Very interesting to think about.

I always have wondered if he had reasons to leave too, that we just don't know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021