Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
which ones are debatable?..the only challenges here are speculation..ive just listed what we know from reports. There's a list showing a timeline elsewhere in the threads.
So, people debating and analysing every bit of information that pops up in the press is just "speculation", but any nonsense printed in a sensationalist red top is what "we know"?

maybe not having an MO, is his MO. which is actually a great way to get away with multiple crimes.
To me, it seems like a true 'opportunity' predator. The more open the predator is to various age and gender variations, the greater his opportunities. He is even open to different species apparently. :confused:

Hello,
I have finally registered today after being a sporadic lurker the last few years, spending the majority of my lurking reading the Jonbenet threads but also some time on the Mccann board.

Can I ask, what is the general consensus now in this case? Do we now think that CB is credible and this is THE man?

I have always been more on the side of parental involvement as I am in the Ramsey case but I am happy to admit I was wrong in this one.

When is this likely to progress if CB is the right man and when will he be charged and the edivence be released?
Hi and welcome. As you can gather there's a lot of comments, opinions and debate.
The issue at the moment is that we're not even sure what evidence they have so that leaves for plenty speculation! So that means it gets side-tracked on to other subjects but it's mainly centered on CB's possible guilt.

thats why no one under 8 should be left home alone by law. If there was a fire, it wouldn’t matter if the door was locked or unlocked, you would have a 3 year old with two babies unable to get out regardless...

We know, we know

Saw on Twitter that Sandra Felgueiras, the famous Portuguese journalist who interviewed the McCann's and was on the Netflix documentary has an exclusive televised interview with HCW tomorrow. I'll see if I can find out more.

We don't know how he did it. I can't get away from the fact that the twins never woke up afterwards despite all the pandemonium going on around them. Even KM questioned whether they had been drugged.

During one of the possibly related attacks in the area a child said "is that you daddy?" or words to that effect and he said "yes, it's daddy". So he can engage with his victims...

So maybe he spoke to them all, said he was friend of their parents sent to check on them. (He wouldn't have been the first sent to check on them, would he?) Maybe he gave them all a nice drink of coke like he did the night before, laced with Rohypnol or something, leaving a stain on MM's pj top and causing her to be really tired the next day. Who knows really? But maybe having the window open wasn't an issue.
That's always stuck in my mind, it was mentioned on the documentary. If the abduction was planned, they would have been aware that there was another two small children in the room.
The twins sleeping through when people were panicking around the room (if true) was a worry as well. imo

That's always stuck in my mind, it was mentioned on the documentary. If the abduction was planned, they would have been aware that there was another two small children in the room.
The twins sleeping through when people were panicking around the room (if true) was a worry as well. imo
If a drug of some sort were used, how would it be administered to a sleeping child? Something like chloroform would have surely left traces in the room, wouldn't it? I'm not really familiar with that field but if drugging was possible, it definitely makes the whole abduction easier to carry out. Just wondering how the abductor might have done it.

Newbe here so be kind ,couple of thoughts,so the sighting of a guy carrying a child,i may be incorrect here but did she see him walking up the street from the apartment say then cross across top of street to the right or did she seehim just walking across the top end of street left to right?,could he have gone the other way along opposite the tapas to the left and then around?,wasnt there a sighting somewhere left of the apartments on an earlier day,what is that way?,also was there also another sighting of people later after maddie dissapeared of a man and woman or two men and a woman (last or second from last episode of the disappearance of Madeline mcann) near a roadside somewhere?,there was one in pj files but im guessing its not the right one as i think those people were traced,and i swear ive read somewhere about a 999 call (or equivalent in pdl) of where a woman could be heard saying something about needing an ambulance (or am i imagining it),and also was it not in some kind of book at reception that they would be checking on kids themselves ie that the kids would be alone..it is troubling re keys going missing if true.Apologies,im reading trying to catch up like crazy lol.Also think the' pigs' line thats cropped up is interesting. I understand JJM is not being suspected anymore but hes a very unsavory character and i would imagine cb to not really have many real friends,acquaintances yes,drug related,or selling stolen things,or he could have just mentioned pigs eating things because of that other case,but something irks me about it.Sorry for rambling on,please correct me on anything

If a drug of some sort were used, how would it be administered to a sleeping child? Something like chloroform would have surely left traces in the room, wouldn't it? I'm not really familiar with that field but if drugging was possible, it definitely makes the whole abduction easier to carry out. Just wondering how the abductor might have done it.

I've got 3 kids (4, 5 and 6), they all sleep in the same room and apart from the eldest I could see them sleeping through a lot of noise and commotion. For instance a house 4 doors down from me was on fire and I had to literally drag the kids out of the house because they wouldn't wake up. Children who are a couple of years younger are even deeper sleepers as their brains require more sleep.

Not discounting drugs were used, just offering a fatherly perspective.

ill answer because its not that difficult.
CB was in every area that a child had something horrific occur. (so far that's 6 cases confirmed and counting)
He had a usb full of rapes and child *advertiser censored* and his own depraved acts.
He showed a video of him raping someone to a 'friend'.
Identikits exist of a person that looks like him in more than one case.
He has said that his van is great for transporting drugs and kids.
He said that he'd like to use a child for days on end.
His van has childrens swimwear in it.
He raped a woman only metres from the resort.
He was seen on the day of MM's abduction.
He left the area shortly after MM's abduction.
The German Police say they know that he killed MM.
He took his kiosk's freezers at knife point from the new owners.
He cut the roof off of his van and filled it with water.
He has a history of child sex offences from 1994 til 2017.
He has unexplained wealth and owns properties despite not having earning capacity.
He bragged about, and was seen to enter homes for burglaries in PdL and surrounds.
He was seen staring at the McCann's hotel room and balcony as MM played there.
Witnesses identified him as leaving the area on the night of the abduction.
PdL is known to have multiple p'philes in the area..and there are more just based on the % of pedos in society.
CB refuses to talk to authorities.

You tell me.

That's a long list yes but.....it's all circumstantial and refusing to answer police questions is a legal right in Germany. It cannot be taken an admission of guilt.

Also, 'seen staring at the apartment' has not been confirmed, neither have his finances which could easily come from drugs and stealing, which are confirmed behaviours. And the van roof? What's that going to be evidence of?

Chloroform stinks and would leave a strong smell that surely doctors would recognise. Other drugs ( oral) would take time to kick in...time an abductor didn't have. An injected drug would leave needle marks.
KM was seen by her friend FP checking the twins breathing repeatedly but didn't take them to hospital. The police thought it was strange the twins never woke up that night with all the commotion. The McCanns said they did drug testing on the twins a few months later, which seems pointless.

Would chloroform have left a trace of a smell?

Newbe here so be kind ,couple of thoughts,so the sighting of a guy carrying a child,i may be incorrect here but did she see him walking up the street from the apartment say then cross across top of street to the right or did she seehim just walking across the top end of street left to right?,could he have gone the other way along opposite the tapas to the left and then around?,wasnt there a sighting somewhere left of the apartments on an earlier day,what is that way?,also was there also another sighting of people later after maddie dissapeared of a man and woman or two men and a woman (last or second from last episode of the disappearance of Madeline mcann) near a roadside somewhere?,there was one in pj files but im guessing its not the right one as i think those people were traced,and i swear ive read somewhere about a 999 call (or equivalent in pdl) of where a woman could be heard saying something about needing an ambulance (or am i imagining it),and also was it not in some kind of book at reception that they would be checking on kids themselves ie that the kids would be alone..it is troubling re keys going missing if true.Apologies,im reading trying to catch up like crazy lol.Also think the' pigs' line thats cropped up is interesting. I understand JJM is not being suspected anymore but hes a very unsavory character and i would imagine cb to not really have many real friends,acquaintances yes,drug related,or selling stolen things,or he could have just mentioned pigs eating things because of that other case,but something irks me about it.Sorry for rambling on,please correct me on anything
Good first post! Welcome to WS, Leopard Leotard.

7174441-smiling-stron-man-goes-on-parade-alle-in-leopard-leotard.jpg

That's a long list yes but.....it's all circumstantial and refusing to answer police questions is a legal right in Germany. It cannot be taken an admission of guilt.

Also, 'seen staring at the apartment' has not been confirmed, neither have his finances which could easily come from drugs and stealing, which are confirmed behaviours. And the van roof? What's that going to be evidence of?
Yes, not sure what taking a roof off a van proves in this case. Not even sure it's true. Wasn't it reported as being the camper van that we then learned had been sold to a scrapyard. 5 grand for a car with a sawn off roof?

Hi, on your first question, according to the documentary, Jane Tanner saw someone carrying a child as she approached the apartment. She was standing a bit before and to the right of the front of the apartment.
The man was walking down the road behind the apartment and possibily in her vision for a few minutes. As far as I'm aware, she didn't walk any further up her road to check him out. Anyone correct me if I've got that wrong.

Hi, on your first question, according to the documentary, Jane Tanner saw someone carrying a child as she approached the apartment. She was standing a bit before and to the right of the front of the apartment.
The man was walking down the road behind the apartment and possibily in her vision for a few minutes. As far as I'm aware, she didn't walk any further up her road to check him out. Anyone correct me if I've got that wrong.
According to Tanner, the man walked left to right along the top road that runs in front of the Ocean club. He was walking across the intersection of the road that leads down to the Tapas. She was near the side of MMs apartment on the road that runs down to the Tapas when she saw him. I believe she continued up that road and onto the same road where she saw the man. But then she turned left and headed to the front door of her apartment wheras the man was apparently going the other way.

There is a lot of debate about Tanner's account though, some of which was discussed here last night.

Some people may find this link helps. It explains the sighting with a map and the issue about the man who came forward.

The problem with the Jane Tanner sighting

Last edited:

The image drawn up based on JT’s memory showed a man walking left to right. I believe this tallies with someone coming from the direction of the crèche? The Met seems very confident that they’ve identified who it was and leading on from that, seem to think an abduction would have been closer to 10pm. That in turn makes the Smith family’s sighting potentially important ... except that bears no resemblance to CB.

All the apparent sightings on the night could be nothing, just parents with their own kids. The two descriptions of a blonde man ‘scouting’ 5A in the lead up are a closer match to CB.

Thanks,just that on the reconstruction you see him walking across the top of road in streetlights,which seems wierd as if they had taken her and walked up the road to the top and then crossed in streetlight it would have seemed odd to me,im assuming it was pretty quiet and surely you would know someone was behind you walking up at there even at a little distance,unless to not draw attention to the place he was staying (potentially) which was on the right of mcanns apartment (with back to tapas)..just looked at map and if he had come out of patio doors and gone the other way,maybe if he had heard anyone about from bedroom window hes gone out the patio doors and gone right past other apartments and down an alleyway it looks like and then right again onto road that runs across the top he would have had no choice than to walk in streetlight,was any other apartment forensically examined,including the one the two blonde guys were sighted at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks