TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE = "snakefinger, post: 16032795, member: 239426"] 87/117 fotos de Alcala
Rachel Trlica [/ CITA]
tlmd_alcalaarchivofotos51.jpg

I will ask around but I think the only person I have ever heard say they were ruled out was RA and that was on the basis of that one being a male.
I think this would definitely be worth looking into just from the bit I've read here about this case. It sounds very plausible!

I'm not sure where, probably noted in the "Alcala and the Unidentified" section here, but I think I read she was already ruled out. I can see the resemblance though.

There are similarities but to me the base of the nose looks much wider on the Alcala photo.

Can you either elaborate on what interesting things they said or post a transcript? I'm deaf and there were no captions on the podcast at that link.

I searched for a transcript, but can't find one. The things that stood out to me:

-When asked if he knew if they had made it inside the mall, Richard Wilson (Renee's father) said that they had supposedly been spotted at the mall in Murphy's and a shoe store. Then he added that supposedly there was some tall, skinny guy following them, with "California" on his jacket. Another guest, Sheryl McCollum, mentioned a man coming forward in 1975 saying that he had seen them at a record store and saw a man lingering around or following them. Mr. Wilson did end up clarifying there was only the one gift from home in the car that Renee had brought, so they don't have anything definitive like a receipt that would help clarify where they had gone.

-The letter discussion was what I found most interesting. Mr. Wilson says the letter was brought by Debbie to her parents' house, and they called the police. Police wanted the envelope, so she had to go back and get it. You can tell he doesn't buy anything about the letter. Says the letter, the way it was folded, doesn't fit the envelope. The letter was written in ink and the envelope was written in pencil. Sheryl McCollum says it would have taken a week back then for the letter to arrive, had it been mailed the day before. They think it was hand-stamped and made to look like it went through the mail, when it didn't. They deduce it was hand-delivered by perpetrator, if it was in fact delivered at all. Julie's Aunt, Sandy Harkom, thinks the letter was designed to throw them off. Mr. Wilson says he believes he knows who wrote the letter...Tommy. He says he has seen many samples of his handwriting, and it looks like his. Someone jumps in (I think Sheryl McCollum) and says some analysis showed Tommy at least wrote the envelope, but then they came back and said, "No, you misunderstood." Sorry, this part was confusing, and I'm not sure I'm describing what they said correctly.

I'm back. I haven't posted here in about three years but over the last few days I read a ton of these threads to catch up on the case. Over time since I first heard about this case in 2014, my opinions have changed. After all that I have read, I personally think it was someone Rachel knew who took them. Seems like this case has become even more confusing then I remember because there has been so much information that has changed and distorted and the timeline just can't stay consistent. I watched the Facebook page for awhile, especially when they brought up the cars from Benbrook Lake. I did not donate but was glad to see it done. However, RA seems confused on a lot of facts about what time things happened and it seems he's changed his story several times too. I now am under the impression that the girls did not make it to the mall, although I'm still a little confused about the record store shop there supposedly seeing them. I've also been wondering about the Army Navy Store. Were they in there a long time or not? Because if they were just going in there to pick up a pair of jeans from layaway, it wouldn't have taken more than maybe 5 minutes, so it makes sense that maybe Julie waited in the car because there would be no reason for her to come in for just 5 minutes. Also, I've wondered did Rachel or Renee have a family member that served in the military so that was why they went to an Army Navy store? Or was that just a store that anyone could shop at that gave proceeds to the Army or Navy?

I'm back. I haven't posted here in about three years but over the last few days I read a ton of these threads to catch up on the case. Over time since I first heard about this case in 2014, my opinions have changed. After all that I have read, I personally think it was someone Rachel knew who took them. Seems like this case has become even more confusing then I remember because there has been so much information that has changed and distorted and the timeline just can't stay consistent. I watched the Facebook page for awhile, especially when they brought up the cars from Benbrook Lake. I did not donate but was glad to see it done. However, RA seems confused on a lot of facts about what time things happened and it seems he's changed his story several times too. I now am under the impression that the girls did not make it to the mall, although I'm still a little confused about the record store shop there supposedly seeing them. I've also been wondering about the Army Navy Store. Were they in there a long time or not? Because if they were just going in there to pick up a pair of jeans from layaway, it wouldn't have taken more than maybe 5 minutes, so it makes sense that maybe Julie waited in the car because there would be no reason for her to come in for just 5 minutes. Also, I've wondered did Rachel or Renee have a family member that served in the military so that was why they went to an Army Navy store? Or was that just a store that anyone could shop at that gave proceeds to the Army or Navy?

Hi,

From growing up in the era I can tell you thatBack in the 70s it was very trendy to buy clothing at the local Army and Navy store. I don’t think there’s any affiliation or sponsorship with the arm services except for the fact that the retail store sold clothing

An army-navy store is just a store that sells surplus army-navy gear (like duffel bags, pants, jackets, etc.). In fact, they're often called army-navy surplus store. Anyone can shop in them.

Here's another article from Suglo about three skeletons found near Alvin on "April 18" (of '78?). I guess these were the skeletons referred to in the other article.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/530c4c8a-bca4-4faf-a00e-74cdb7f858db-jpeg.154916/
That article says that one of the partial skeletons was identified as male. Rachel was on the tall side, and based on the few pics I've seen, it doesn't appear that she had very wide hips; I think there's a very good chance that the "male" skeleton was actually hers. I have not been able to locate any post-1970s information on the skeletons. It appears that they were forgotten by LE long before DNA testing came along.
I really think this should be looked at by LE as to the ID's of these 3 skeletons, with modern methods being used if possible.It is only about a 5 hour drive between Fort Worth and the Brazoria area. It sounds like there could have been an incorrect ID of the 3rd skeleton as male, it happens. I wouldn't have a clue how to look further into this possibility, but maybe someone else does. It has been looked into as requested by the families in the past, but perhaps it can be again with new technology, I don't know.

Last edited:
Where I grew up, the "Army Navy" store in my town sold regular clothes too. It was more like a sporting goods store, along the lines of REI or maybe DICKS? While you could get military inspired gear, you could also grab jeans, a backpack for school an Izod polo or some sneakers. (late 70s early 80s, for context.)

Was Julie Moseley an actual target or was she just in the wrong place at the wrong time? Was the kidnapper sexually interested only in the two teenage girls or in Julie as well?

Was Julie Moseley an actual target or was she just in the wrong place at the wrong time? Was the kidnapper sexually interested only in the two teenage girls or in Julie as well?
No one knows. One popular theory is that someone known to the girls molested Julie and then killed all three girls on order to silence them.

Trying to read between the lines, there seems to be some hints that CA, FA, and FA’s 2nd husband might know something? Well not CA because he is deceased. Is FA’s 2nd husband also deceased?

I read through as much of the prior threads as I could yesterday. I don’t know what to think.
With the verified family member telling us about the abuse in the Arnold family it’s hard not to speculate about some possible scenarios, especially taking the letter into consideration. The local serial killer angle is interesting and I would probably think that is more likely....except for the letter. If this was a crime of opportunity I can’t see a perp bothering with a letter, mailing it, dropping it off etc.
Debra said in an interview that she had to go through a lot of counseling due to her childhood.
It’s just awful, all of it.
Is there a chance someone close to the girls is responsible? What do you all think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288