HI HI - Clare Maney, 28, Old Kona Airport Park, Kailua-Kona, 14 Jun 2020

Yes...I know. And her cousin asked for a welfare check.
The cousin/ close friend does not mention the "partner" who was mentioned by Clare on her FB post June 3, and that together they would go on the road trip. I wonder why. I assumed with that post that Clare was not alone in Hawaii.

The cousin does mention the partner in a fundraising post that you can find on her facebook page. If you click on "fundraiser" and read the update she posted 7 hrs hours ago, you'll see it, along with some more pertinent info.

The cousin does mention the partner in a fundraising post that you can find on her facebook page. If you click on "fundraiser" and read the update she posted 7 hrs hours ago, you'll see it, along with some more pertinent info.
I'm not seeing the fundraiser part. On ckare FB page?

What I read was she was last seen wearing "flippers" for lack of a better word, as if she intended to go snorkeling offshore. Is this correct?

This is the fourth time HFD has responded to the shoreline for a missing person within a week.

Malcolm Davis, 20, was freediving off Mahukona State Park a week ago when he disappeared. The search continued throughout the week and has been suspended.

A Captain Cook man was found submerged in South Kona waters near Pu‘uhonua Road on June 9. He has since died.

Additionally, HFD was called to search for 47-year-old Mark Lowery who disappeared two and a half miles northeast of Punalu‘u Beach. Lowery was on a camping trip with seven friends. When they went to bed for the night, Lowery reportedly stayed up to go fishing. At 5 a.m., Saturday morning, the friends woke up and realized Lowery was missing.

https://bigislandnow.com/2020/06/16...her-missing-person-off-hawaii-islands-shores/

one of Clare's quotes: (are quotes from her pages OK?)
"Come summer I will return to California for another season as an outdoor educator, fingers crossed for trip assignments on the Channel Islands, overcoming my slight fear of deep ocean to guide kayaking and snorkeling in a teeming marine preserve. Oh and I will be learning how to surf."

How sad, if she didn't commit suicide, that the ocean she feared may have done her in.

Thanks for the story. Does Clare have a blog, Facebook or Instagram pages? You can link those here.

Yes, there's a FB page and everyone's commenting on CM's last post which is her announcement that they're ("scott" and she) off on a cross country tour soon.
And her IG page is @mountainskirtz lots of photos of her adventures.

If any of you guys wanted to get to know Clare Maney a little better, there's this:

what’s fear got to do with it?
Thanks for this. No wonder that I got involved in this thread. Something told me I would like Clare and be particularly concerned about her disappearance.
Courageous and gutsy young woman, who marches to the beat of her own drummer.
I would have liked to know her.

I see that she's been declared deceased. Fly high with the angels dear Clare. What a heavy loss for the world and especially her closest loved ones.
When people (you) say “fly high”, what does that mean?

I read through her instagram posts going back 16 weeks or so.
Clare was extraordinary.
She also lived through a lot of difficulties, psychologically, as a child, teen, ...and in Hawaii lately, particularly with the effects of the Covid situation.
She was a fighter, an authentic being, and an old soul.
If only....
A heavy loss is right...prayers to her family and all her loved ones.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back