Ted Bundy - Serial Killer - 1974-1978

"You could have heard a pin drop in a crowded room of 500 people at the Cold Case Investigative Research Institute’s 2019 CrimeCon session, when Kathy Kleiner took the stage to tell her terrifying story of surviving notorious serial killer, Ted Bundy...

On January 14, 1978, Kathy decided to stay in for the night and study. It was not the wild and crazy Saturday some college kids were having. Kathy wanted to do well in school. She was living in the Chi Omega house and enjoying the sisterhood.

Kathy’s roommate was Karen Chandler, a junior. Both girls were sound asleep when a man broke into their room and approached their twin beds. He walked in between the two beds, each around five feet apart from each other, and stumbled when he kicked a small foot locker that Kathy had placed between the beds for storage. Kathy woke up, thinking it was Karen stirring in her sleep. In a sleepy daze, Kathy spotted a black shadow of a man standing over her. He was holding something above his head that looked like a log.

Still trying to wake up fully, Kathy could not process what she was seeing. Before she could speak or scream, the dark figure towering over her hit her with the log. With more power and rage, he hit her a second time, shattering her jaw and making her front tooth jut out.

“My cheek was torn open and was just hanging out….I almost bit my tongue off. This is a situation that you don’t understand as it’s happening. It’s confusing,” Kathy said. “But that feeling of when he hit me was like a thud. It wasn’t pain…and you don’t imagine that’s what it would feel like.”

Kathy had no idea at the time that the man attacking her was the same man responsible for dozens of killings across several Northwest states: Ted Bundy."

Facing Ted Bundy: Sorority attack survivor shares her harrowing story at CrimeCon 2019

It was 40 years ago today that Ted Bundy was convicted in Miami and shortly thereafter sentenced to die for murdering two Chi Omega students at Florida State University.

Bundy, then 32, was convicted on two counts of first-degree murder, three counts of attempted murder and two counts of burglary on July 24, 1979, after a month-long trial in Miami.

Ted Bundy convicted of FSU murders in Miami trial 40 years ago

Did anyone watch the ID special on Ted Bundy? A neighbor said his mother admitted that his grandfather was his father! Also she said they knew in his neighborhood, that he killed small animals and set fires which is a hallmark of a serial killer growing up.

Hey guys! I need help with someone and don’t know where to look. I suspect my boyfriends Grandfather May be Ted Bundys biological father. His grandfather is deceased now. His name was Jack Worthington. He joined the navy for a brief stint when he was really young. He falsified his birth records to join the navy around 14-15 posing as an 18 year old. He was known to be promiscuous and wild. It wouldn’t surprise me if he had plenty of one night stands and never saw them again. No one knows exactly how old Jack was when he died because he’s family never had or kept proper documentation of his birth it is rumored he was born anywhere from 1928-1933. Anyone have information on Ted’s real father, or know how we can find out if Jack Worthington is? If it’s true Ted Bundy is my boyfriends Uncle, and if we have kids he will be their great uncle! Crazy!

Hey guys! I need help with someone and don’t know where to look. I suspect my boyfriends Grandfather May be Ted Bundys biological father. His grandfather is deceased now. His name was Jack Worthington. He joined the navy for a brief stint when he was really young. He falsified his birth records to join the navy around 14-15 posing as an 18 year old. He was known to be promiscuous and wild. It wouldn’t surprise me if he had plenty of one night stands and never saw them again. No one knows exactly how old Jack was when he died because he’s family never had or kept proper documentation of his birth it is rumored he was born anywhere from 1928-1933. Anyone have information on Ted’s real father, or know how we can find out if Jack Worthington is? If it’s true Ted Bundy is my boyfriends Uncle, and if we have kids he will be their great uncle! Crazy!
Have you looked up records on Ancestry? They have military records. Is your boyfriend interested in taking a DNA test? Or knowing if Ted Bundy was related to him?

There is so much interest in serial killers nowadays it is almost a bit perverse in itself but I cannot criticise as I am part of it. When I watched the odd clip of Bundy I found him to be an idiot and a bore and of course stating the obvious he was a vile man. It is the crimes and what motivates them that interests us I think. These stories are also interesting:

https://nypost.com/2020/01/24/ted-bundy-falling-for-a-killer-ex-girlfriend-opens-up-in-documentary/

Of course unlike the judge the jury saw through Bundy in no time.

There is so much interest in serial killers nowadays it is almost a bit perverse in itself but I cannot criticise as I am part of it. When I watched the odd clip of Bundy I found him to be an idiot and a bore and of course stating the obvious he was a vile man. It is the crimes and what motivates them that interests us I think. These stories are also interesting:

https://nypost.com/2020/01/24/ted-bundy-falling-for-a-killer-ex-girlfriend-opens-up-in-documentary/

Of course unlike the judge the jury saw through Bundy in no time.

Here is another report about Bundy's ex girlfriend:

Serial killer Ted Bundy's former girlfriend, her daughter wonder why he spared them

Ted Bundy may have been a psychopath and stalked/somewhat knew his victims before he murdered them but he would never murder someone he had a big connection to.

1. He would have been suspected and likely convicted straight away, because he's her boyfriend.
2.He saw the women he murdered as objects. Yeah again he's a psychopath but he's dated this women for years, he knows her too personally so she's no longer just an object.

sorry just I always see people on the internet say "She's so lucky." But he had no reason to kill her, especially if he wanted to stay unsuspected for longer.

Did anyone watch the ID special on Ted Bundy? A neighbor said his mother admitted that his grandfather was his father! Also she said they knew in his neighborhood, that he killed small animals and set fires which is a hallmark of a serial killer growing up.
I just watched it, and yes, his grandfather raped his mother. He is TB’s father. And the gf / f was physically and emotionally abusive to him and to TBs mother. Some really sick stuff. TB never had a chance at being normal, he got it from both sides, genes and environment; nature and nurture. Sad and tragic, IMO.

Oh, and the HLN show, HOW IT REALLY HAPPENED,
has a four part series on Ted Bundy starting today at 5:00 central time. It’s from 2018 so not new.

I just watched it, and yes, his grandfather raped his mother. He is TB’s father. And the gf / f was physically and emotionally abusive to him and to TBs mother. Some really sick stuff. TB never had a chance at being normal, he got it from both sides, genes and environment; nature and nurture. Sad and tragic, IMO.
Maternal grandfather?

Ted Bundy’s ex-girlfriend recalls her relationship with the serial killer in doc: ‘I was devastated’

This series on Netflix is so creepy. People who knew Ted Bundy, as a normal person. Shudder. I can't imagine that his GF was dating him for over five years.

I’ve thought the same. Yet, she was young and naive. And he was very charming and manipulative. And was maybe still evolving.

What’s spine chilling for me is just how charming he was. He truly seemed to have two completely opposing personalities... He was Truly Jekyll and Hyde, fooled a lot of people for a long time, even fooled Ann Rule.

IMO, They should have let him live to study him, I think it would have been fascinating, and what would it hurt? But then, I’m not much of a DP advocate. I still think it was a waste to kill him. Study of the human brain and sociopathy on someone like him who is alive and with his history.... invaluable. Once in a lifetime. IMO

I’d give the side-eye to that. His grandfather was documented as a horrible, abusive P O S that threw Louise’s sister down the stairs and abused animals, but Louise had always denied her father was Ted’s father, I doubt she’d tell some random neighbor and no one else. Who his father is is still up in the air.

Also, what set Ted apart is that he wasn’t known for setting fires or abusing animals. The only source that said he hurt animals (mice) told a lot of tall exaggerated tales about a lot of things and isn’t exactly credible. According to the people who knew him he treated animals well.

I think his death toll is in the 30-40 range, his first kill happening in 1973, no earlier than 1971. I think his rapes started in 1966-69 so there are some unknown living victims out there. He has a pattern of escalation: peeping and creeping as a teen, rapes in his early 20’s, then killing in his late 20’s; he went from an organized killer (and a killing machine for a while) until he decompensated into a disorganized one.

Last edited:
First day/hour on webs... this morning confirmed that Ted Bundy dumped at least 4 of his victims in our neighborhood of Snoqualmie Wa . The locations he dumped are actually down a forest service road next to an electrical sub station but none the less within a few miles . Just curious about how to navigate this site to learn more about specific locations maybe even coordinates? I’m going to walk over there soon to check it out. Thanks

First day/hour on webs... this morning confirmed that Ted Bundy dumped at least 4 of his victims in our neighborhood of Snoqualmie Wa . The locations he dumped are actually down a forest service road next to an electrical sub station but none the less within a few miles . Just curious about how to navigate this site to learn more about specific locations maybe even coordinates? I’m going to walk over there soon to check it out. Thanks

How was this information confirmed? And welcome to Websleuths!

I did think that was a stupid mistake to use his own name. I wondered if he was just so confident/cocky he could get away with it that he didn't think it would matter.
He was also lucky some of the witnesses didn't recognise him when they were showed a photo of him.

This occurred only during the double event at the lake in WA. Bundy had gone there the day before to do a dry run - he meticulously prepared for everything. During the dry run, he was recognized by a few friends. Police theorized he used his real first name because he didn't want to be recognized while using a different name.

No one recognized him on the day of the kidnappings. Yet, careful though he was, he took risks. He approached almost 10 women and only two went with him. Bundy must have believed that if some recognized him talking to a girl, he would leave that one alone and find another.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back