Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's getting into her elderly years. I did not take that to be an out and out lie. Could be Uncle Alex doing his cartoon impersonations in the other room. Could be she was just mistaken. JMO
I took it as an out and out lie IMO
I would think she would know her own son's theatrical voice over her grandson. but JMO

Perspective of a defense attorney - possible strategy for Lori at 1:04:40.
I'm so far behind today, but wow, I love what he says there at that time marker.

First he affirms what some of us have been speculating -- the likely defense is basically to profess shock and dismay, claim she was in the house/apt the whole time, and put it on Alex and Chad, but then she'd need a psychologist or psychiatrist to explain how she was so "sucked in" to this whole belief system that she didn't question any of what she DID know was going on around her... (his body language as he was describing this made it seem to me like he thinks that would be very tough)

And this money quote, which I listened to 5 times because it made me feel better:
"Look, as a defense attorney... general rule is... [if] there's a dead body... SOMEbody has to go to prison. There's 2 dead bodies... they're gonna want a couple of people to go to prison." <<< THIS!

It seems like every day I come on here, this all just gets crazier.

After getting caught up on all my reading I have a few thoughts about Tylee and a few about Alex.

Tylee:

Colby says he last facetimed with Tylee around 8/30, which was right before the move, correct? Can we even confirm if Tylee had use of her phone at all in that last week?

It's enough that Tylee witnessed Charles' death. But there were other risks too. How much did she know, or suspect, about Lori and Chad? If Chad was wearing a wedding ring, she'd notice. If she'd been allowed to make friends, who knows what info might get around? They wasted no time once Uncle Alex got there, I think that shows what a priority it was for them to get rid of Tylee.

Regarding Alex, I imagine he'll be named an unindicted co-conspirator. Unindicted because he is of course, deceased. That may have certain evidentiary benefits i.e. possible exceptions to the hearsay rule, especially if someone flips.

Is there an 'everything Alex' post floating around anywhere? I really want to know more about his life than I do.

Consider:

Alex attacked Joe Ryan.
Alex killed Charles Vallow.
Alex is suspected of being involved in the death of Tylee Ryan.
Alex is suspected of being involved in the attempted murder of Brandon Boudreaux.
Alex is suspected of being involved in the death of JJ Ryan.
Alex is suspected of being involved in the death of Tammy Daybell.

Alex was a truck driver.

Anyone else hoping they've run his DNA through CODIS?
I don’t believe Alex did anything without Lori telling him too. The morning Charles was murdered Lori was yelling at Alex and we don’t all of what was said but in part it was about him being a failure , to step up, to be a man. Alex was Loris puppet and henchman . Since the autopsy results of AC I wondered if it was possible to die of guilt and maybe not but you can die bc you stress yourself to death . If not guilt then worry. Alex and Lori both have weird relationships with their family . Alex more the black sheep. It’s gross bc at least four people TD, CV, TR, JV are all dead bc Lori and chad wanted them dead. Alex killed them but without Lori he wouldn’t have done it.
I’ve really been trying to understand why Chad fired a shot that day and (we know he did bc to cover his tracks he told TD and his kids) I assume he only told them bc he feared someone had heard him fire a gun so he had an explanation prepared. I had thought Alex probably went to Loris apartment and strangled or suffocated Tylee then carried her to his apartment and then took her to chads but I have this horrible thought process now that says he was at Loris apartment so long that morning bc they drugged her and were waiting for her to die and she never did....maybe she was unconscious or even worse maybe she was in and out or loopy (they could’ve used JJs meds) but she wasn’t dead so once at the property they shot her. They dismembered her and tried burning her body which didn’t work so they tried burying her and covering her body . It’s bothering me a lot .

I am really wanting to know what AC needed at the Maverick store the night we believe TR was killed. My first thought was Benadryl to make her sleepy. It could have been a gas can fill up but I think it had more to do with Tylee's death than coverup at that moment in time.

Also, I find it extremely interesting that we have nothing on CD's cell activity (except the text to TD) but all of AC's stuff is coming in CD's probable cause. I think there is so much more to find in the coming document dumps (reminds me of CA doc dump days).

On my local news channel tonight it mentioned the moving of the court dates for both LVD & CD until August that that is "pending papers being filed by both the defendants by Monday at 5:00 pm". Has anyone else heard this? I tried to find in on the websites page but that clip isn't included so I cannot link.

That was me. It was too coincidental to not be a last hurrah coupled with CD sending TD to visit her family for one last good time. What I'm worrying about now is forensics putting it all on AC, even the shovel...and CD defense feigning ignorance, though the raccoon may be key.
The raccoon story and Chad's big mouth are going to be his downfall. He was showing knowledge of guilt and explaing away the new diggings.

Right, i do understand that...it's just that Melanie has indicated that she and Lori were both shy on technology... but I guess I am really making the case, of how busy they all were to even have the time.

For everyone but the person who later edits the recording, it would only be the time spent on a call -- let's say 1 hour? Lori probably spent longer than this browsing malachite rings on Amazon.

RSBM Also odd that they sent MG to check BB's house to see if the kids were still there if they had that GPS watch they could use to determine the kids' location. Maybe the real reason they sent MG was to monitor whether there was still some kind of ongoing LE investigation at the house.

... and to ask the neighbor if they had seen anything/what they knew and told LE or turned in camera to LE etc???

Well, it wasn't. They didn't fully destroy the remains.

Greater temperatures would have been needed to essentially cremate them. A bonfire isn't going to get it done which is why the remains are present.

My guess is they tried and realized the that it wasn't going to work and just buried. Or they wanted to burn it to the point that the smell of decay would not be present before burying. However, I'm not sure about that given it was only done to one of them
GRAPHIC DESCRIPTION
On page 10 of the affidavit notes that charred and uncharred bones and tissue were found. Unbelievably, Chad thought he could burn a human body in a large outdoor fire. I am not a murderer, but even I know that doesn’t work. I think he realized that it wasn’t going work and scooped everything up and put into the ground. Someone (here I think) hypothesized that they learned their lesson, and just wrapped up JJ and buried him. I think all the other bonfires were the adult kids.

I agree the folie à deux description doesn't apply. From what I can tell, they had disordered thinking long before they met each other. I don't see any "psychotic break"; they just seem to be who they've always been, but they're now a couple.
Also, AxC is in the mix. Deux is not trois. I can't see them all having a joint psychotic break. But they likely all had psychopathology before they began to orbit together. You'd maybe have to add some of the less central characters to this, too, e.g. niece Melani, SSiSSy and Mommy. Something's really off there. IMO

I think this case will be very interesting to profilers. In some ways it bears resemblance to other cult-related cases, in other ways not. It's like cult leader meets black widow. If anyone finds a good profiler (or ex-profiler) take out there in the future, tag me for sure.

I wonder if CD'S kids are going to visit him in jail tomorrow? Happy Fathers Day!

My personal opinion, even if they gave him a pass on their Mother's death, and marrying LVD. The "dead children bodies", buried in the yard...no, at that point, there is a definite problem here.

Are his children still supporting him?

IMO Today I realized throughout this ordeal I gave Chad and Lori and Alex waaaayyyy more intellectual credit than I should have. Thankfully they were definitely not criminal masterminds and for all the families affected I am glad they were really complete morons.
MOO if the results for Tammy come back inconclusive I can only imagine the text exchanges between Chad and Lori. “Today is the day! Xoxo”
Also will be interesting when looking through Chads documents when he started drafting Tammy’s obituary.

I think LE will find a plethora of evidence in the books that CD has penned, along with his work and family history, that he became increasingly preoccupied with his rationality, as it relates to power over life and death. It appears to me that CD and LV were living in a cocoon of CD's twisted ruminations, where they could practice self-worship and grandiose ideas of themselves at the expense of those they killed. IMO, their murderous activities fall in the realm of simple psychopathy...I think they both had personality disorders before they met each other--and they recognized the commonality of what they could share together--predatory behavior seemingly without consequences. It will be interesting to see how they evolve now that they are separated and in jail facing murder charges.

The raccoon story and Chad's big mouth are going to be his downfall. He was showing knowledge of guilt and explaing away the new diggings.

I sure hope so. They appear to both have grandiose behavior. God like ideas. Can't say how sorry many others didn't know what TR & JJ were experiencing at the time. May they rest in peace, you kids are loved.

100% this. If he really believed all his own mumbo jumbo, he wouldn't feel the need to tell a contrived lie to give himself cover. Not that anybody on WS doubted that, but it's nice to see more proof that he knew exactly what he was doing and that it was wrong.

I imagine CD is just about hitting bottom right now. He has betrayed every single person in his entire life and they are all coming to the realization they trusted a man who would lie, cheat, steal, kill, manipulate, and party himself to desecration of children/remains. How can he hold his head up with confidence in anything except the knowledge that he will be judged (and images of burn in hell come to mind).
Seriously the distancing from him has been profound since the finding of the children's bodies, but those people also chose to align themselves with CD prior to this moment in time. Prior to that many people were very vocal in their support of this couple.
(Cue the old I Love Lucy Music . . . . "Lucy, You got some 'splaining to do!")

IMO Today I realized throughout this ordeal I gave Chad and Lori and Alex waaaayyyy more intellectual credit than I should have. Thankfully they were definitely not criminal masterminds and for all the families affected I am glad they were really complete morons.
MOO if the results for Tammy come back inconclusive I can only imagine the text exchanges between Chad and Lori. “Today is the day! Xoxo”
Also will be interesting when looking through Chads documents when he started drafting Tammy’s obituary.

The truth is that, these days, you can try to run, but you really just cannot hide. You would actually have to be a prepper with an off-the-grid underground bunker fitted with years of supplies if you want to even try to hide. No phone, no lights, no motorcars, not a single luxury....these people were never going to pull that off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288