CANADA Canada - Elizabeth Bain, 22, Scarborough, Ont, 19 June 1990 #2

I remember the JB case very well and read all of those threads while he was still missing and remember very clearly the day his shoes were found...and then later, his remains.

A very good example of how someone sitting behind their computer can contribute solid ideas to help with a search of someone who is missing.

I very much agree with having a cold case squad opening up this case to fresh eyes. With some key pieces of evidence being uncovered after the trial in this case, it would be an ideal scenario to have someone brand new come in and have a look. DNA evidence has come such a long way in the past 30 years, surely there could be something new to find or even finally confirm that the blood was EB's and not that of another family member, as often suggested?

DNA would be on both the drivers and passengers seat belts, as well as perhaps the possibility of fingerprints on other areas (seat positioner) and or footprints on the gas and brake pedals.

The vehicle being found left in reverse has always been a real puzzle to me as well, as though the person who left it that way didn't have a clue how to drive a standard vehicle.

Quoted snipped and bbm

If the car was ever moved from the shop, I think that the person who moved it would have left it NOT somewhere where he could last be placed with EB by a potential witness, but back at the campus where it could blend in more easily and where she was last expected to be at.

I have always had my doubts about the 401 sighting.
It would also make sense to me that if someone was going to take an unwilling EB across the highway to Lake Scuggog, they would have first disabled her and then put her into the trunk area to minimize the risk of her alerting the attention of another driver. In addition, I think that there would have been more than one sighting of her on the 401 that day. JMO

EB could very well be much closer to where her car was found, somewhere well-concealed.

Sorry, I know I am not bringing anything new to this discussion, just hoping there would be some way to re-ignite it so that the right person takes interest and decides to breathe new life into the investigation.

This is one case that I have always felt can and will be solved. Just a feeling I've got.
I have never discounted PB for this case. He got increasingly violent towards his victims when he was working solo as the Scarborough Rapist.

JMO

‘Murder will out’.

I have the same gut feeling that you have about the case. I also think she is close to where her car was found.

At least, can we go over it one more time with resources? I think we could get volunteers.

OVERT is a volunteer organization, but they act on the request of law enforcement agencies.

It is possible to hire cadaver dogs.

Metallic's great aunt, Tracy Metallic, told CBC News the family will now continue to search with the help of cadaver dogs.

The dog handlers, volunteers with the Ottawa Valley Search and Rescue Dog Association, are not charging for their services, but the the family will still have to pay for the cost of travel, accommodations and some expenses for the dogs.
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.1238168

The Jeffrey Boucher thread drew in active police detectives, SAR personnel, including a tracker, media and ultimately Mrs. Boucher, his wife. That energized the search. I don’t know if OVERT would have done their final ‘training exercise’ at the shore that ultimately led to the discovery of the remains if there wasn’t signs of a private persistent search.

His remains were found on the Lake Ontario Shore, but in a place inaccessible to the general public: there’s a gated community in Whitby and that part of the shoreline is part of that enclosed area.

We searched the shore, but couldn’t access the area. The property owners there didn’t search until the day of our organized search (OVERT and us volunteers).

Are EB’s remains close to where her car was found, but on private property?

This happened with the Mariam Makhniashvili case as well: her remains were found on private property, close to the official search area, but the owners—of a golf course—didn’t search their property despite public requests of property owners to do so.

If TPS could open the case, maybe they could make a new map of places of interest based on the players involved.

Bradfordsleuth wrote: I have always had my doubts about the 401 sighting.
It would also make sense to me that if someone was going to take an unwilling EB across the highway to Lake Scuggog, they would have first disabled her and then put her into the trunk area to minimize the risk of her alerting the attention of another driver. In addition, I think that there would have been more than one sighting of her on the 401 that day. JMO

The 410 sighting has no relation to a possible trip to Lake Scugog at that particular time, imo. The timing of that sighting is actually prior to the witness sighting of EB in her car in front of the Auto body office. The 401 witness's seven page statement was taken by one of the lead investigators but never disclosed to the Defense, and the Crown says it was never disclosed to them either. This witness actually went down to the trial and asked said lead investigator why he wasn't being used because he believed that RB was not the person he saw driving the car. This witness was told he was not needed and to just go away, which he did.
Imo the 401 witness is extremely credible as he put EB in the passenger seat of her own car. He also described EB putting her hands on the passenger window as she looked at him. What this witness couldn't have known at the time of his statement is the the CFS discovered prints in that same area, which matched prints from EB's room but because there was no body, they were not allowed to testify that they were indeed EB's prints, and rightly so they shouldn't. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to put two and two together.

As for there should be more reports of the 401 incident. I absolutely agree with you and I absolutely believe there is but were never brought to the attention of the defense because it would have crushed their case against RB and having him kill EB prior to 7pm.
I have heard from someone who gave me his information on his sighting of EB that night. He called it into crime stoppers, or the number on the flyer, I would have to check that as it's been a few years. No one ever got back to him. He described EB to a T and what she was wearing. His sighting took place just east of the park, near where OKR meets I think it's Dawson Rd. She was alone and this was right around the time RB says he's at home, but the police want him at the tennis courts with EB.
There is binder of all the EB sightings and imo, there is absolutely other credible sightings of EB but if they happened after 7pm, there's no way they wanted them brought forward if they didn't have to.

‘Murder will out’.

I have the same gut feeling that you have about the case. I also think she is close to where her car was found.

At least, can we go over it one more time with resources? I think we could get volunteers.

OVERT is a volunteer organization, but they act on the request of law enforcement agencies.

It is possible to hire cadaver dogs.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.1238168

The Jeffrey Boucher thread drew in active police detectives, SAR personnel, including a tracker, media and ultimately Mrs. Boucher, his wife. That energized the search. I don’t know if OVERT would have done their final ‘training exercise’ at the shore that ultimately led to the discovery of the remains if there wasn’t signs of a private persistent search.

His remains were found on the Lake Ontario Shore, but in a place inaccessible to the general public: there’s a gated community in Whitby and that part of the shoreline is part of that enclosed area.

We searched the shore, but couldn’t access the area. The property owners there didn’t search until the day of our organized search (OVERT and us volunteers).

Are EB’s remains close to where her car was found, but on private property?

This happened with the Mariam Makhniashvili case as well: her remains were found on private property, close to the official search area, but the owners—of a golf course—didn’t search their property despite public requests of property owners to do so.

If TPS could open the case, maybe they could make a new map of places of interest based on the players involved.
I find it very sad that this case didn't capture the attention of a single media outlet at the 30 year mark that I could see from my online searches.

Without the co-operation of the family, it is unlikely that any new resources will be put into new searches unless a new lead has been generated.

There lies one of the problems with this case, no family members persisting to have it looked at with fresh eyes, LE apparently happy to keep it 'closed' rather than have someone find any more new errors or omissions that could have occurred 30 years ago.

Someone persistent needs to start asking questions again.

Private property may hold the key to her whereabouts. We are thinking similarly. I would love to see some maps of areas that were searched back then, the areas that were not publicized.

MM's case was tragic. Just outside of 'plain sight' but not found for almost three years just below an area that tens of thousands of people drove past daily during that time. I still wonder why not a single person spotted her walking that day....always wondered if she got into the wrong car and met the wrong person.

JMO

Lexiintoronto wrote:

Hey Lexi. This is everyone's hope and wish, except the TPS and the B family.
The TPS have no reason to reopen the case unless they are somehow forced to. I see only two ways this would happen.
1) the B family demand it, which is not going to happen
2) RB is officially and publicly exonerated which forces them to reopen it.

If the TPS say they believe they had the right guy, then there's no reason for them to reopen the case. Their concern is not for EB, it is only to get a conviction and put society at ease and get the case off the books.
Whether they actually believe it or not, about RB's guilt, is immaterial now, what is most important is protecting themselves from the embarrassment of having convicted an innocent person.

As for cadaver dogs. I had explained in an earlier post how my search partner JS had called everyone who was involved in cadaver dogs and none would come because they are all hooked in with law enforcement and when they check with the TPS, they are all denied by the TPS to help us. If they are out of TPS jurisdiction, they need TPS okay and they flat out don't get it when this specific case is mentioned.
JS had promises from one in Ottawa and one from Durham region that they'd be happy to help and couldn't foresee any issues as they've helped out in other jurisdictions before with no issues.
They both contacted TPS and both were flat out denied access to the TPS jurisdiction when the name of the case was mentioned. There person from Ottawa barely took another call from JS and the Durham region person said they had never encountered this kind of denial before as not a dime was coming out of the TPS budget. JS was paying for everything out of his own pocket.
If anyone else has any luck with getting a cadaver dog, that would be awesome. Let us know how it goes.

Bradfordsleuth wrote: I have always had my doubts about the 401 sighting.

The 410 sighting has no relation to a possible trip to Lake Scugog at that particular time, imo. The timing of that sighting is actually prior to the witness sighting of EB in her car in front of the Auto body office. The 401 witness's seven page statement was taken by one of the lead investigators but never disclosed to the Defense, and the Crown says it was never disclosed to them either. This witness actually went down to the trial and asked said lead investigator why he wasn't being used because he believed that RB was not the person he saw driving the car. This witness was told he was not needed and to just go away, which he did.
Imo the 401 witness is extremely credible as he put EB in the passenger seat of her own car. He also described EB putting her hands on the passenger window as she looked at him. What this witness couldn't have known at the time of his statement is the the CFS discovered prints in that same area, which matched prints from EB's room but because there was no body, they were not allowed to testify that they were indeed EB's prints, and rightly so they shouldn't. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to put two and two together.

As for there should be more reports of the 401 incident. I absolutely agree with you and I absolutely believe there is but were never brought to the attention of the defense because it would have crushed their case against RB and having him kill EB prior to 7pm.
I have heard from someone who gave me his information on his sighting of EB that night. He called it into crime stoppers, or the number on the flyer, I would have to check that as it's been a few years. No one ever got back to him. He described EB to a T and what she was wearing. His sighting took place just east of the park, near where OKR meets I think it's Dawson Rd. She was alone and this was right around the time RB says he's at home, but the police want him at the tennis courts with EB.
There is binder of all the EB sightings and imo, there is absolutely other credible sightings of EB but if they happened after 7pm, there's no way they wanted them brought forward if they didn't have to.
Thank you for adding clarity and correcting my (mis)information.:)

I had always thought that it was assumed that she was sighted on the 401 en route to Lake Scugog, but should have re-read the reported timelines on this case before making that statement. I will go back and re-read to refresh my memory.

I do recall reading a very detailed summary a long time ago regarding that witness sighting. Perhaps it was in an article here on WS? I always wondered why he didn't report it to the police that day if he was as shaken up as he claimed to be, or why the bartender didn't push him to.

It is really, really sad to know that there were tips made in this case that were never followed up on....especially if it lends any credibility to the person who reported the 401 sighting. If he was credible and the prints matched with what he saw, then there is very likely something to it.

What time did the person have that sighting of EB just east of the park? Was she in her vehicle?

With you being so familiar with this case, is it your opinion that the sighting of EB and the person she was seen arguing with in her vehicle at the shop an inaccurate sighting? Do you lend that sighting any credibility at all?

Sometimes I wonder about cases like this and that of Nicole Morin and if they had occurred in today's world of CCTV and social media, whether or not the victims would have been found quickly and arrest would have occurred shortly thereafter.

JMO

Lexiintoronto wrote:

Hey Lexi. This is everyone's hope and wish, except the TPS and the B family.
The TPS have no reason to reopen the case unless they are somehow forced to. I see only two ways this would happen.
1) the B family demand it, which is not going to happen
2) RB is officially and publicly exonerated which forces them to reopen it.

If the TPS say they believe they had the right guy, then there's no reason for them to reopen the case. Their concern is not for EB, it is only to get a conviction and put society at ease and get the case off the books.
Whether they actually believe it or not, about RB's guilt, is immaterial now, what is most important is protecting themselves from the embarrassment of having convicted an innocent person.

As for cadaver dogs. I had explained in an earlier post how my search partner JS had called everyone who was involved in cadaver dogs and none would come because they are all hooked in with law enforcement and when they check with the TPS, they are all denied by the TPS to help us. If they are out of TPS jurisdiction, they need TPS okay and they flat out don't get it when this specific case is mentioned.
JS had promises from one in Ottawa and one from Durham region that they'd be happy to help and couldn't foresee any issues as they've helped out in other jurisdictions before with no issues.
They both contacted TPS and both were flat out denied access to the TPS jurisdiction when the name of the case was mentioned. There person from Ottawa barely took another call from JS and the Durham region person said they had never encountered this kind of denial before as not a dime was coming out of the TPS budget. JS was paying for everything out of his own pocket.
If anyone else has any luck with getting a cadaver dog, that would be awesome. Let us know how it goes.

When the search for JB was put on hold, I contacted a volunteer group who has cadaver dogs. They were willing to help (and accept a donation) but the issue at that time was the snow, ice and challenging terrain that might injure the dogs and their handlers.

I was told to check back when spring weather arrived, and by that time OVERT returned back to join the search.

I asked the volunteers about searching for EB in the valley, but their response was different.

Similar to you, I was told they’d need TPS involvement: one case was a missing jogger with no foul play suspected vs. a murder victim.

I called many places.

OVERT would be the best hope in this case, I believe.

Bradfordsleuth wrote: I always wondered why he didn't report it to the police that day if he was as shaken up as he claimed to be, or why the bartender didn't push him to.

He thought by the end of it it might have been a couple's argument. Hindsight is always 20-20. People see things all the time but then second guess themselves about calling the police. Maybe it wasn't as bad as they perceived it to be. And let's not forget, this was 30yrs ago. We are much more alert today with all the CSI shows and internet information. You can even leave tips online now. So we have to remember what it was like back then.

Bradfordsleuth wrote: It is really, really sad to know that there were tips made in this case that were never followed up on....especially if it lends any credibility to the person who reported the 401 sighting. If he was credible and the prints matched with what he saw, then there is very likely something to it.

Might be hard for some to wrap their minds around this, but if it didn't have anything to do with furthering their case against RB, then it was put by the wayside. They never looked at anything in a neutral view as it pertained to the truth of what happened to EB. If EB was sighted after 7pm, then it was not legitimate because they have her murdered before 7pm.
They actually had the Tuesday night three r auto sighting witness as there best witness at the beginning of the investigation. But when they realized that RB was alibied out for post 7pm, they changed their theory and tried to discredit this witness at trial.

Bradfordsleuth wrote: what time did the
person have that sighting of EB just east of the park? Was she in her vehicle?.

He saw her around 5:45-6pm sitting in the little parkette across from Ted's diner, alone.

Bradfordsleuth wrote: Withyou being so familiar with this case, is it your opinion that the sighting of EB and the person she was seen arguing with in her vehicle at the shop an inaccurate sighting? Do you lend that sighting any credibility at all?

Imo, it is one of the best sightings there is. This lady is absolutely credible and has never waivered from her story.
The lady secretary at the three r auto is also a very credible witness and she was one of the TPS favs too until Tuesday night didn't work for transporting the body for the TPS. They tried to get her to change her story so it help them with getting RB and she absolutely refused and then they viewed her more like a hostile kind of witness. She told me personally they wanted her to say things that she just wouldn't.

Bradfordsleuth wrote:
DNA would be on both the drivers and passengers seat belts, as well as perhaps the possibility of fingerprints on other areas (seat positioner) and or footprints on the gas and brake pedals

But how would they get any of these things from the car now?

Bradfordsleuth wrote:
DNA would be on both the drivers and passengers seat belts, as well as perhaps the possibility of fingerprints on other areas (seat positioner) and or footprints on the gas and brake pedals

But how would they get any of these things from the car now?
Sometimes if a vehicle is deemed a 'crime scene' the seatbelt and even the seats or carpets are removed completely for cs analysis.

I guess it is too much wishful thinking on my part that there are seatbelts in one of those evidence boxes that are collecting dust? :(

Was her car destroyed or released back to the family?

JMO

Bradfordsleuth wrote:

Her car was released back to the family by the end of the summer of 1990.

Sometimes if a vehicle is deemed a 'crime scene' the seatbelt and even the seats or carpets are removed completely for cs analysis.

I guess it is too much wishful thinking on my part that there are seatbelts in one of those evidence boxes that are collecting dust? :(

JMO

They still have evidence from EB’s car, as they were able to exclude Paul Bernardo’s DNA.

Not from a list of exhibits submitted to the Centre of Forensic Sciences that included: a package of du Maurier cigarettes (Bernardo's preferred brand but also the brand smoked, on the rare occasions she did smoke, by Bain), three matchbooks, three cigarettes (one with the filter tip removed), two blankets from the trunk, a car door panel, blue carpet from the interior of the car, a "Sprite'' pop can, a pen, a Kleenex, two live matches and fibres from the rear of the Toyota.
No proof in Bain's car to pin killing on Bernardo

They found RB’s DNA on the blankets in the trunk.

They didn’t keep the driver’s seat. The driver’s seatbelt would be great if they had it. The door panel was kept...maybe the passenger side where the blood smears were?

I don’t remember where I heard this, but didn’t the family eventually destroy the car (junked?) They has it for a while and the younger brother drove it, iirc.

Does anyone have a link to an official statement somewhere saying the EB case is closed? There are news articles that state the police consider it closed, but nothing in concrete.

Lexiintoronto wrote: They still have evidence from EB’s car, as they were able to exclude Paul Bernardo’s DNA

Never heard of this. As far as known the only dna in the car was that of a female offspring of Mr and Mrs Bain. If you have something about dna other than what I've explained, would love to hear about it Lexi.
What I've heard about regarding Bernardo is that his prints didn't match any found in the car. At least that's what the story is.

Lexiintoronto wrote: They found RB’s DNA on the blankets in the trunk.

They also found EB's and Mr Bain's dna on the same blanket. This is the blanket that RB says he and EB used on the Sunday night when they went to the park and made love.

Lexiintoronto wrote: The door panel was kept...maybe the passenger side where the blood smears were?

Do you mean they gave the car back to the family minus the door panel?
There was no blood smears on the door panel, they were along the front of the back seat where your thighs would be against if one was sitting on the backseat.
If true what you're saying Lexi, any chance of where the source is for this. Much appreciated.

Lexiintoronto wrote:
I don’t remember where I heard this, but didn’t the family eventually destroy the car (junked?) They has it for a while and the younger brother drove it, iirc.

I believe they did, but I will check with JS and find out for sure.

Lexiintoronto wrote:
Does anyone have a link to an official statement somewhere saying the EB case is closed? There are news articles that state the police consider it closed, but nothing in concrete.

If there is I would love to see it as well. The only one I know about is Detective Raybould saying to the press "case closed" and I believe this was after RB's acquittal in 2008.
Other than that, I haven't found any official concrete statement saying it was closed and as I said, if one ever existed at anytime, would love to know about it.

The big issue I have with the car is that it is the only real physical evidence in this case and they gave it back to the family before they arrested their suspect which left his defense with no chance of getting it looked at themselves.
How do you give evidence of any nature, let alone the only real piece in a case, back to the family before the arrest, the prelim, and the trial.
The defense has no chance at it now because it has all become contaminated. Makes one think it was done on purpose so their findings will be the only findings.
The other thing is, it was actually Mr Bain who first contacted the guy about doing the mileage test, it wasn't the police and this wasn't done until 1991.
How could those mileage tests be allowed into evidence when the car was out of police custody for almost a year and a half before it was tested.

The police never intended on doing any mileage test because they never believed in the Pt Perry sighting and that's one of the reasons they gave the car back to the family so early.

All my own opinion.

Last edited:
Lexiintoronto wrote: They still have evidence from EB’s car, as they were able to exclude Paul Bernardo’s DNA

Never heard of this. As far as known the only dna in the car was that of a female offspring of Mr and Mrs Bain. If you have something about dna other than what I've explained, would love to hear about it Lexi.
What I've heard about regarding Bernardo is that his prints didn't match any found in the car. At least that's what the story is.

Lexiintoronto wrote: They found RB’s DNA on the blankets in the trunk.

They also found EB's and Mr Bain's dna on the same blanket. This is the blanket that RB says he and EB used on the Sunday night when they went to the park and made love.

Lexiintoronto wrote: The door panel was kept...maybe the passenger side where the blood smears were?

Do you mean they gave the car back to the family minus the door panel?
There was no blood smears on the door panel, they were along the front of the back seat where your thighs would be against if one was sitting on the backseat.
If true what you're saying Lexi, any chance of where the source is for this. Much appreciated.

Lexiintoronto wrote:

I believe they did, but I will check with JS and find out for sure.

Lexiintoronto wrote:

If there is I would love to see it as well. The only one I know about is Detective Raybould saying to the press "case closed" and I believe this was after RB's acquittal in 2008.
Other than that, I haven't found any official concrete statement saying it was closed and as I said, if one ever existed at anytime, would love to know about it.

The big issue I have with the car is that it is the only real physical evidence in this case and they gave it back to the family before they arrested their suspect which left his defense with no chance of getting it looked at themselves.
How do you give evidence of any nature, let alone the only real piece in a case, back to the family before the arrest, the prelim, and the trial.
The defense has no chance at it now because it has all become contaminated. Makes one think it was done on purpose so their findings will be the only findings.
The other thing is, it was actually Mr Bain who first contacted the guy about doing the mileage test, it wasn't the police and this wasn't done until 1991.
How could those mileage tests be allowed into evidence when the car was out of police custody for almost a year and a half before it was tested.

The police never intended on doing any mileage test because they never believed in the Pt Perry sighting and that's one of the reasons they gave the car back to the family so early.

All my own opinion.

I cannot quote more of the article I linked because of the copyright rules, but in it, DiManno wrote about the DNA results.

DiManno said a door panel.

The article makes it seem as though they have DNA profiles from the car that may be useful.

All my own opinion.
Quoted snipped and bbm

Since it was evidence that was being used in a possible crime investigation, or at the very least a missing persons investigation, the vehicle should have been kept by LE until the matter was closed.

A very good example of just one of the ways this case mishandled by TPS.
JMO

I cannot quote more of the article I linked because of the copyright rules, but in it, DiManno wrote about the DNA results.

DiManno said a door panel.

The article makes it seem as though they have DNA profiles from the car that may be useful.

Didn't realize the blue lettering was a link to the article. Duh me, lol.
JS told me today that there was never any mention from any of the Bain's that there was a missing door panel when the car was returned, and he certainly didn't notice a different one had been put on. JS did check the car out thoroughly and even drove it with EB's youngest brother in the passenger seat.

Sometimes the police give the media false information to put out and sometimes the media just makes a mistake.
Having said that, I'm not ruling out the CFS didn't keep a door panel as per Dimano's article. If I can find out more information on this I will post it.

As for the DNA in the car. I'm not aware of any unmatched dna that exists with the CFS but as I've stated previously it would not surprise me one bit if there was. There are unmatched fingerprints that they apparently checked against Bernardo's and didn't match.

The fibers from the back seat listed in her article that she says were tested in 2006 is interesting. I'm am going to inquire about that because those fibers were collected in 1990 but we're never tested because the CFS officer who testified said there was never any request for them to be tested.

Why collect stuff if your not going to test it. It shows how selective the police were in what was tested which doesn't make sense. EB, according to the crown and the police was laying on the back floor of the car. Why wouldn't they want fibers from the back seat tested.
Also, two CFS officer's collected from the car. They had only one CFS officer testify and he did not have his partner's photographs or notes with him in court except for the identity of PB's (her brother, not Bernardo) print on the rearview mirror.

IMO.

Last edited:
Quoted snipped and bbm
Since it was evidence that was being used in a possible crime investigation, or at the very least a missing persons investigation, the vehicle should have been kept by LE until the matter was closed.
A very good example of just one of the ways this case mishandled by TPS.
JMO

BBM.
By the time they gave the car back to the family it was clearly a homicide investigation.
This mishandling was done on purpose without reservation so any defense team would not be able to test it themselves.
The police and the Crown had immunity on whatever they did. Puts them in a pretty powerful position do be able to do whatever they want to convict someone and not have to answer for their actions.

IMO.

From Rosie Dimano's article that is referenced and linked above by lexiintoronto:

No trace of Paul Bernardo'sDNA was ever found in Elizabeth Bain's car.

This would be the 1981 silver Toyota Tercel in which – according to the untested theory advanced by Robert Baltovich's lawyers – Bernardo, as the real killer, would have stuffed Bain's body after murdering the university student, got behind the wheel and driven his victim's remains to an unknown location.

Given all that activity, at least minute transfer of forensic evidence should reasonably have been uncovered – either 18 years ago or more recently, with DNA analysis much more advanced. It wasn't.

Not from a list of exhibits submitted to the Centre of Forensic Sciences that included: a package of du Maurier cigarettes (Bernardo's preferred brand but also the brand smoked, on the rare occasions she did smoke, by Bain), three matchbooks, three cigarettes (one with the filter tip removed), two blankets from the trunk, a car door panel, blue carpet from the interior of the car, a "Sprite'' pop can, a pen, a Kleenex, two live matches and fibres from the rear of the Toyota.

These were the exhibits analyzed in a second round of testing at the behest of Baltovich's defence team, in 2006, the results provided in February of this year.""

taking Dimano's rationalization that Bernardo's dna in some form should have been found in EB's car due to all the activities of stuffing a body in the car, getting behind the wheel and driving EB to another location and because there was none discovered in the car or on any of the items Dimano has listed then Bernardo is a red herring by the defense and didn't do it.
Looks to me like DiMano, by her own rationalization, has just exonerated RB with her own statements because his dna wasn't found anywhere in the car or on any of the items she listed either.

imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back