Found Deceased PA - White Haven, 'Beth Doe' & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76 *Evelyn Colon* *Arrest* #3

rsbm

From the article:

"Today, she and her fetus are buried next to each other in Laurytown Road Cemetery near Weatherly. The two graves are marked by white crosses."

This isn't accurate. Beth Doe and her daughter are together in the same coffin. Even before the exhumation in 2007, they were together in the old coffin.
Her thanks for replay,yes i think your right i used that news mostly as a source for the crime scene photos :)

Her thanks for replay,yes i think your right i used that news mostly as a source for the crime scene photos :)

I am always thankful for any media attention given to Beth and her baby, moreso when something previously unreleased, i.e. the photos, is included. New info sparks new interest in a case that's gone unsolved for too long.

That said, there is the grave of a "Baby Jane Doe" just behind Beth. This isn't the first time it's been mistaken for her daughter's grave, probably won't be the last. The date on Baby Jane Doe's cross is 7/3/1988. Beth and her baby were found in '76 and (originally) buried in '81 but even the source of the attached pic says:

The unknown woman was reburied in a coffin she shares with her unborn baby. Two simple white crosses with small plaques identifying them as “Beth Doe” and “Baby Jane Doe” mark their burial location. On the ground in front of each cross is a small granite marker with the same names carved in them. Baby Jane’s grave has a number of toys placed on and around it from others who have paused to remember the unidentified victims.
Beth Doe

Oh, and Baby Jane Doe 1988, while not "named" is not unknown. LE found who her mother was.

Attachments

• Beth Doe - rambler.JPG
    Beth Doe - rambler.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 30
Hey guys,this article from 1983 state that she is from Serbo-Croation Descent :) seems like they knew long before isotopes that she is from Balkan or Yugoslavia.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200612-194056_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200612-194056_Facebook.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 34
Hey guys,this article from 1983 state that she is from Serbo-Croation Descent :) seems like they knew long before isotopes that she is from Balkan or Yugoslavia.
. I wonder how they knew that from an anthropological examination. Do those from Eastern Europe have particular bone structures that make them identifiable, in the same way those of Asian, NA, Hispanic, African heritages are classified?

I already mention that may roots were from ex-Yugoslavia (Serbia, Croatia, Macedonia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Slovenia & Montenegro were part of it, but now are independent countries/states). Oh, I would like to see this case solved in foreseeable future. And every time I come here I am hopeful something new (at least some small lead) will be discovered. And I am always wondering how come that this case is not already on the DNA Project list.

Anyway, I don't know how much isotopes are reliable. There were solved cases where they were not on the spot. That is why I am taking this discovery with a grain of salt. Second, I saw at least three sketches of how she might've looked and she looked quite different on each of them. She is giving me some Mediterranean vibe, or if she is really from Serbia/Croatia it can be from southern parts, or as I mentioned earlier maybe from Roma minority or even from Kosovo, Macedonia, Bulgaria, Greece, Albania.

But without DNA project or something similar involved, I don't see this case anytime soon solved :(...

I agree about the isotopes. The concept is good but so much of the world isn't even mapped properly for isotopes, even assuming the test is accurate.

You probably know that the reason the different reconstructions show so much variation is that her poor face was badly mutilated by her murderer. :(

@CCJD, do you know if they have any plans to pursue DNA identification?

@CCJD, do you know if they have any plans to pursue DNA identification?

I can only reiterate what I've posted before, that (with the previous investigator) Parabon was the plan. Whether or not that is still being considered with the newest investigator, I honestly do not know. I haven't reached out to ask him and I'm not sure I'm comfortable doing so at this particular point in time. Given what all of us in general and LE in particular have been going through over the last several months, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Beth & Baby have been back-burnered.

I can only reiterate what I've posted before, that (with the previous investigator) Parabon was the plan. Whether or not that is still being considered with the newest investigator, I honestly do not know. I haven't reached out to ask him and I'm not sure I'm comfortable doing so at this particular point in time. Given what all of us in general and LE in particular have been going through over the last several months, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Beth & Baby have been back-burnered.

Yeah, it's not a good situation for anybody. I certainly didn't mean you should ask if you're not comfortable with it!

Has anyone seen the crime scene photos ? I founded those ones ,maybe someone saw them but just wanted to share.
I think thise are all 3 of suitcases :)
Mom and fetus found along river 44 years ago | Times News Online

***Graphic content***
When you blow up the 3d photo at the link, it looks like her head to the left by the rock, and various chopped up body parts and their innards.

imo, her hair looks curlier than has been depicted.

I see what you mean and yes it does look curlier.

I'm not sure what part of the body is to the right of the head but that looks like a butchers type cut. It looks clean like she was frozen and cut with a bandsaw. I'm not really sure what I'm looking at there though so don't anyone hold me to that idea.

I see what you mean and yes it does look curlier.

I'm not sure what part of the body is to the right of the head but that looks like a butchers type cut. It looks clean like she was frozen and cut with a bandsaw. I'm not really sure what I'm looking at there though so don't anyone hold me to that idea.

Assuming that a human cut looks similar to the cut of a ham, a meat saw will do that. Like this one: Alfa Hmss-24, 24" Butcher Hand Meat Saw, Stainless | HMSS-24

It's something that many deer hunters who process their own meat have on hand.

***Graphic content***
When you blow up the 3d photo at the link, it looks like her head to the left by the rock, and various chopped up body parts and their innards.

imo, her hair looks curlier than has been depicted.

sorry my websleuth skills are not so good and i agree that i should have put the graphic warning .
and yeah that 3rd photo i think it was the suitcase who contained her head,torso and the baby girl fetus also u can clearly see the newspaper her body was wrapped with

Inside the luggage were news clippings about 500 Vietnam Children orphans heading to state hospitals in PA.

Teresa Alfonso lived in Miami, remembered and new about Freedom Flights of Cubans to US. The reason she was running from the state hospital, she found out of the vicious cycle.

BTW, the Vietnam children never made it as their country demanded their return.

The initials and numbers written on her hand stand for WSR-57 and most countries use a similar version for surveillance of people. In the United States at that time, patient in state hospitals were on electronic surveillance.

The suspect also worked at the closest state hospital and was transferred immediately to a different facility.

Regarding the hair texture: If the shaft of the hair is flat, hair will be naturally curly. If the shaft of the hair is round, hair will be naturally straight. One reason why perms are so popular: to give the hair body and make it easier to style.

It would be interesting to know what type hair shaft she had. If she was on the younger age range, as in a teen, and not from an affluent family, I’d say the hair was naturally curly. If she was from an affluent family, then funds could be there to perm the hair at a young age. JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back