GA GA - Annette Campbell Dodd, 26, Summerville, 19 April 1986

I just did a search on NamUs and she isn't coming up - I even did a search for females named Annette - 15 female are listed but not this Annette.- very weird.
I think up there they said something about the link working when her profile goes online, but I think that was written back in May, but not sure because I only just started using this platform

yes it was her maiden name, her daughter is my Best Friend. It says missing never found, because they basically never did ANYTHING with the case, or the evidence they found.

ok, I am just catching up here and just joined this, but I am her daughter's best friend. I just see the screen shot you posted of her profile on NamUs, and when I went to the link it says that the page does not exist? and when I type in the case number that is seen in the screenshot, it also says the page does not exist. Can anyone explain this to me please?

Welcome afreese614! I'm so sorry your friend is still missing and it seems like nothing was done. :(

@Roselvr would probably be the best person to ask about the NAMUS profile since she entered it. It looks like it might have been entered into NAMUS but not made public yet? I'm not sure why that would be the case. I think NAMUS has to confirm the person is still missing and that there is a police report before they make the profile "live" in the system. I'm not sure though.

I'm going to tag a few other members who have been on this thread and might know more about NAMUS. @rats @Alleykins @folieadeuxnola Any ideas on what happened with Annette's NAMUS profile?

Welcome afreese614! I'm so sorry your friend is still missing and it seems like nothing was done. :(

@Roselvr would probably be the best person to ask about the NAMUS profile since she entered it. It looks like it might have been entered into NAMUS but not made public yet? I'm not sure why that would be the case. I think NAMUS has to confirm the person is still missing and that there is a police report before they make the profile "live" in the system. I'm not sure though.

I'm going to tag a few other members who have been on this thread and might know more about NAMUS. @rats @Alleykins @folieadeuxnola Any ideas on what happened with Annette's NAMUS profile?

I wonder if they would even consider her technically "still missing", as SS declared her deceased but there is not a death certificate? That is the info I just got from her daughter. I just do not know how that works

I wonder if they would even consider her technically "still missing", as SS declared her deceased but there is not a death certificate? That is the info I just got from her daughter. I just do not know how that works

I don't know either. Hopefully some more knowledgeable members here can answer.

ok, I am just catching up here and just joined this, but I am her daughter's best friend. I just see the screen shot you posted of her profile on NamUs, and when I went to the link it says that the page does not exist? and when I type in the case number that is seen in the screenshot, it also says the page does not exist. Can anyone explain this to me please?

Her profile is entered but not online. Her sister was supposed to contact the NamUs case worker to give the MP report as well as investigator on the case. I'll see if I can touch base with her sister again to see what's going on. She didnt answer my last message so I sent one today

Last edited:
Even if she was declared dead, it's still important to enter her into NAMUS (including that information) as there is no body to confirm so. It would allow unidentified persons to be matched to her in order to close those cases and to maybe return her remains to her family if she is indeed deceased.

Even if she was declared dead, it's still important to enter her into NAMUS (including that information) as there is no body to confirm so. It would allow unidentified persons to be matched to her in order to close those cases and to maybe return her remains to her family if she is indeed deceased.

She is entered, just not public. Her siblings have not answered my FB PM

Her profile is entered but not online. Her sister was supposed to contact the NamUs case worker to give the MP report as well as investigator on the case. I'll see if I can touch base with her sister again to see what's going on. She didnt answer my last message so I sent one today
It's very hard to get anyone to do anything with it. The people running the facebook page are not really keeping up with it. I have sent this link to her daughter and I hope that she will join and can add stuff. I told her there are people still talking about her mother's case and she said that she wishes someone could do something and that she could be found. Annette's parents are both dead now and I know that they wish they had known what happened to her before they passed away. I feel really uncomfortable saying a whole lot about things, because I am afraid of saying something I should not. I know the story from her daughter who like I said is my best friend, and I heard also heard a lot because I was married to her nephew years ago. Everyone in the county seems to know who did it and what happened to her, but for some reason (there are a few theories that circle around there(I grew up there my whole life as well) some including law enforcement knowledge of certain things about her disappearance) nothing has ever been done, in spite of the evidence in the case. I honestly do not know what evidence still exists. I think that unfortunately the family just kind of gave up on trying to get answers, and from what I hear a lot of them are scared of the repercussions from telling what they do know from the night it all happened. I have been told that people who have dug into it, including family have been threatened and are truly scared to pursue things. I really hope that one day something can be done, but it will take someone who has some insider tricks to get any information on it.

Basically the police do not follow up for the ones who have spoken up about anything they knew.

I can give you her daughter’s contact info if you message me

I can give you her daughter’s contact info if you message me

I went to her profile on NamUs today, its showing as restricted, I'm not sure why. Whoever I'm speaking to in the FB page finally answered my message the other day from December saying NamUs said she's not eligible. I'm emailing the case worker to ask what's going on and will post back.

I think you gave me her daughters FB profile by PM, will touch base with her after I speak to the case worker.

I can't read much of the first one but I'm going to attempt to transcribe the second as much as I can read:

EVIDENCE

Although psychic revelations are not considered evidence in murder cases they often give police clues as where to search for bodies. But, according to Kellett, key evidence in the Dodd case has not been pursued.

Blood found on the handle of a shovel at the Dodd home was not analyzed nor was blood on a boot. Fresh dirt was also found on the shovel.

A witness who was not close to the case told police that she heard a car leave the Dodd home and return Sunday morning. The same person said she later saw a man washing out a car with a water hose near the house.

Police reportedly found a bloody handprint on the vinyl top of the car and blood on the seat of the car. According to an article in The Summerville News, the blood was analyzed and deemed human, Then sheriff Gary McConnell said it was assumed to be the blood of Mrs. Dodd.

Mrs. Dodd's car was at the home after she disappeared, as well as her wallet, which her mother now has.
"She always kept her billfold in her purse." "The purse wasn't there, but police found her billfold and gave it to me," she said, holding out the billfold for inspection. Mrs. Dodd's social security card and various receipts were inside but there was no driver's license.

A RUMOR?

Also, after the information came out about the possible Corspewood link, Kellet said someone claimed to have seen and talked to a man who was leaving the area of Corpsewood that Sunday morning. The man supposedly said that he had just buried his dog.

Kellet said that information could be nothing more than a rumor, and Mrs. Timmons said she had heard the same thing.

And there are more rumors and theories. Meanwhile, Mrs. Dodd's parents, three sisters and brother, and her daughter await news about a solution to the mystery.

Mrs. Dodd's daughter, who was eight when her mother disappeared, is now 18 and plans to be married this year. Since her mother's disappearance, she has resided with on of Annette's sisters. Glenn Dodd has since remarried.
She was 9 when her mother went missing. Her daughter was 21 when she got married. I should know, her daughter is my mother

She was 9 when her mother went missing. Her daughter was 21 when she got married. I should know, her daughter is my mother
Welcome to Websleuths! You should consider becoming a verified insider for this case. You would than be allowed to post things YOU know and can personally speak on, if you are interested. Websleuths members have a wealth of knowledge and never cease to amaze me on what they know. I'm sure I speak for everyone here but we would like nothing better then to help in anyway bring light to what happened to your grandmother.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back