Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they posted pics of the search yesterday.
Yes they posted pics of the search on Monday. However, they are reporting that Linda went missing on Sunday.

The searchers began at 8:30am on Monday. Perhaps the family thought she was staying overnight at a relatives' home?

IMO that is a significant amount of 'missing time' if the reporting is correct.

A team of trained firefighters, police officers, detectives, and others are searching the area nearby - on foot, horse, ATV, and by drone. Some investigators have been accompanied by dogs.

"People were scouring the neighborhood - people down along the creek. people and canoes - you know, just everywhere," explained Bare.

Investigators are also scouring the community for crucial information. Lt. Hess says they have interviewed the woman's family, but it could be neighbors and friends who could provide the most insight into her whereabouts.

"Not all family members are aware of what their kids are thinking so that's why it's important to touch base with friends, and maybe, there is a backstory, or maybe, there's, you know, a desire to do something that family members weren't aware of," explained Hess.

The search for 18-year-old Linda Stoltzfoos continues in Lancaster County

Detectives with East Lampeter Township Police say they've received a lot of tips, and say it's taking time to comb through them all.

We don't have a lot of Amish where I am so forgive me for how very ignorant this is going to sound. How are the English generally seen? Are the English seen more as generally well-meaning people who believe kind of silly things and will hopefully get a clue one day, or is it more of an "ew, English unbelievers" kind of thing, or somewhere in between? I'm trying to get a picture in my head of how likely she might be to go to the English for help should she need it, or to take it if it were offered to her.

"If your heart isn't breaking, then it's a heart of stone," said neighbor Eileen Bare. Today, the search team continued looking for the Amish woman on horseback. Police are interviewing friends and neighbors."

dng29Jz8

https://twitter.com/GraceGriffaton/status/1275501697629126656

We don't have a lot of Amish where I am so forgive me for how very ignorant this is going to sound. How are the English generally seen? Are the English seen more as generally well-meaning people who believe kind of silly things and will hopefully get a clue one day, or is it more of an "ew, English unbelievers" kind of thing, or somewhere in between? I'm trying to get a picture in my head of how likely she might be to go to the English for help should she need it, or to take it if it were offered to her.
I don't know any Amish personally, and they're not all the same. I have, however, lived near plain people. if I understand your question correctly, I believe they are overall trusting of "the English". To live like the English, would be one thing ; to interact with/accept help from them, would be totally acceptable. Make sense?
IMOO

Sects do vary, but the Amish I know here in Lancaster County are lovely people who are good neighbors and thoughtful friends. There’s not an air of superiority to the English, as we are each other’s neighbors, customers, employers, employees, and so on. They are as curious about our lives as we are about theirs, and we help each other in our communities. Many of the local volunteer fire companies have a number of Amish on their rosters. A lot of us can unite with them over our mutual Christian beliefs.

Something I appreciate about the Amish ladies I know is that they are such good listeners, and they remember what you talked about. My personal opinion is it’s because they don’t have so much of the junk we have floating around in our heads from tv, social media, and so on.

So at least around here, the Amish aren’t so far removed from the rest of the people. Obviously they are closer to other Amish than they are to outsiders, but the Amish aren’t excessively backwards or standoffish. I think after some of the farm stand robberies and burglaries that have happened around here a few years back, Amish women and children are a little leery of people they don’t know, but that’s just being smart. So I imagine Linda had some experience and judgment about interacting with non-Amish.

MOO

Amish Girl Missing - Linda Stoltzfoos

“Thank you everyone for your prayers and support. We will be holding another evening of prayer and worship on behalf of Linda, her family, and the local community. Please join us in person or on Facebook Live (link above) as we intercede for Linda this evening (7:45pm ET)”

Amish Girl Missing - Linda Stoltzfoos

“Thank you everyone for your prayers and support. We will be holding another evening of prayer and worship on behalf of Linda, her family, and the local community. Please join us in person or on Facebook Live (link above) as we intercede for Linda this evening (7:45pm ET)”
I’m very afraid for this one - I want to have hope but I just don’t ....sigh
IMO

I was hoping there would be more answers today. There is still so much unknown. I wish we could hear from her friends and family.
Most of all, I am hoping she is found alive. I feel that the friends and family’s stories can connect to her whereabouts. There is not much said about where she was last seen... or last conversations???

There’s 55 plus sex offenders in the area, good place to start looking. One of which has the same last name she does. She looks much younger then 18 years old. That area is not a heavily traveled area, at least from what I can tell, looking at an online map. Lots of farms, spread far apart. I have a feeling this isn’t going to be good .

The problem in Lancaster County, especially in the Amish community, is many Amish sex offenders are not dealt with through law enforcement, but through the Amish church. The Amish church buries things- anything the Amish do not want the outside world to know about- cases of rape, incest, abuse.

Amish thought to have mental issues are often sent to Phil Haven in Lebanon County for help, or an “Amish” mental health facility, which is questionable at best.

Behavioral Healthcare Lebanon, PA - WellSpan Philhaven

Authorities, volunteers search for missing Amish woman who failed to return home after attending church service on Sunday in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania

Lieutenant Matt Hess told Dateline that Linda Stoltzfoos was last seen around 12:30 p.m. Sunday at a farm on Stumptown Road. She was wearing a tan dress, white apron and white cape, he added.

When Linda didn’t make it back to her home on Beechdale Road on Sunday, her parents became concerned and contacted police.

Does anyone know how far it is between where she was last seen, and where she lives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998