Found Deceased FL - James Von Minden, adult, firefighter, crashed truck, Jupiter, 19 Jun 2020

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
James Von Minden is #Missing. Have you seen him?

He was last seen on Friday afternoon, disoriented, in the area of Randolph Siding Rd & Alexander Run, Jupiter Farms. James is 5’11”, 210 lbs, has brown hair and brown eyes. He was last seeing wearing a black t-shirt, dark-colored shorts, and sandals.
RT to help us bring him back home safely.

105366473_3934652749942887_1380968073158789989_n.png

PBSO - Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office

Officials said Von Minden was disoriented and could be in trouble after he crashed his own truck and has not been seen since Friday.

Search underway for Broward County firefighter missing since Friday

How far was he from the site of the crash when someone saw him (or talked to him?) and noted that he seemed disoriented? Hard to believe someone would see both, not put two and two together and call police to report the crash or an ambulance for the disoriented driver......he must have been a ways away from the truck by then?

Who noticed he was disoriented? Did they not think to stop him from driving or call someone? Where was he coming from? I'm wondering if he was under the influence of something? That crash looks bad. IMO

Friday. 5:30 pm. Single car accident. Not good.
Any ponds nearby?
There’s a canal along the road but no idea how deep it is. That truck had to be traveling at a high rate of speed to crunch it from one end to the other. The airbag likely knocked him out briefly. Then, he must have wandered off.

This area is rural, not a lot of businesses. Maybe a few doorbell cams picked him up? So either he is passed out somewhere and lost.... or, he did the “phone a friend” option knowing he was going to get tested for whatever.

Did they find his phone? Any pings off a tower? I would think his FF buddies would be out searching, dogs, drones, 4 wheelers, horseback.

...... So either he is passed out somewhere and lost.... or, he did the “phone a friend” option knowing he was going to get tested for whatever.

I'm wondering that as well (DUI) but if he phoned a friend in order to leave the scene/not be tested, wouldn't he have "reappeared" by now, start dealing with ins. claim for his truck, contact work, etc?

I'm wondering that as well (DUI) but if he phoned a friend in order to leave the scene/not be tested, wouldn't he have "reappeared" by now, start dealing with ins. claim for his truck, contact work, etc?

Yes but that would also depend on who “rescued” him. A friend who can hide him out for a bit? A stranger that took advantage of him?

I pray he's found safe and very soon...... like 3 days ago soon. Seeing the condition of his truck and with him appearing to be disoriented, im concerned he could have a very serious head injury.

This article may answer some questions - his phone and wallet were found inside his truck. I believe I heard in the video that he lives in Jupiter Farms. Possibly tried to walk home after the crash ? JMO

Search underway for missing BSFR firefighter

Jason Smith, the Broward Paramedics Union president said, “His family, his son, they want their father, they want their husband home and safe. Our true hope is to find him. There’s a chance based on the damage of the vehicle that he’s injured.”

Broward Sheriff’s Fire Rescue has confirmed that Vonminden works as a firefighter for the department.

They said his wallet and phone are still inside the truck.

Edited for typo.

Why does it say they believe it to be a suicide? Strange way to do it if true.
If they don’t have confirmation of identity then why say suicide?!

There was a potential sighting of a man fitting his description around 10 p.m. Monday night, walking around in this area, so searchers were still hoping he might be found alive.

Deputies believe the victim committed suicide, but an autopsy still needs to be performed.

"This is like an immediate gut punch. It's sad, very unexpected. I don't have the words right now, I'm really at a loss for words," said Jason Smith, president of Broward County Sheriff's Office Firefighters and Paramedics Local 4321.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back