GA - Rayshard Brooks, 27, fatally shot by Police, Wendy’s lot, Atlanta, 12 Jun 2020 #2

Police warn armed people surround Wendy's, forcing white people out

This is the same Wendy’s that was burned so it is not operational at this point. However it is causing issues with traffic and other businesses in the area. There were two other shootings there this past weekend.

I think part of the problem is the police, at least the ones who are there, can’t do their job. I really don’t understand why the Governor has been silent and it bothers me! I haven’t seen a lot from the mayor either. Apparently police are patrolling from a distance but the protesters and the armed individuals are making it clear that police are not wanted.

We also saw a protester assault an Atlanta police officer after a man and woman claimed a mob of people stopped their car and attacked them as they tried to drive past the Wendy’s.

“It’s scary to have someone come after you like that. We take their side. We weren’t being disrespectful. We were just trying to get on the interstate. I was hit in the arms and the face and legs with the boulder,” one of the victims said.”

Armed protesters remain at Wendy’s where Rayshard Brooks was killed. So what’s next?
We take their side. What is their side exactly ? How many of these armed and unarmed protesters actually saw the video from start to finish and actually understand what took place ? Did they hear about it from someone like the young man in the video yelling at Officer Rolfe saying " You harassed him (RB) for 20 minutes and he wasn't doing anything" which is totally not true. Facts matter.

Last edited:
I don't think he should be charged with anything. How was he supposed to know that Brooks hadn't taken his colleague's gun rather than his tazer? I think this shooting definitely falls into the category of justified.

MOO.

Definitely justified! My God! If I hear one more time, "Mr. Brooks was very cordial...blah blah blah....he was not a threat to anyone whatsoever" I'm going to lose it! This is the biggest joke ever and I'm sick Officer Rolfe has been sacrificed for the sake of Atlanta not burning to the ground. He needs to be released...talk about injustice! Holy hell. I sent Officer Rolfe 2 books that arrived yesterday. They can't even get letters at the jail he's in...only postcards. WTH?

Money raised in Floyd's Go-Fund-Me = 14 million dollars.
Money raised in Brook's Go-Fund-Me = $214,000.
Money raised in Officer Rolfe's Go-Fund-Me = $0.00. The reason? You are not allowed to use Go-Fund-Me to raise money for legal defense if you've been accused of a crime.

Words matter.

Definitely justified! My God! If I hear one more time, "Mr. Brooks was very cordial...blah blah blah....he was not a threat to anyone whatsoever" I'm going to lose it! This is the biggest joke ever and I'm sick Officer Rolfe has been sacrificed for the sake of Atlanta not burning to the ground. He needs to be released...talk about injustice! Holy hell. I sent Officer Rolfe 2 books that arrived yesterday. They can't even get letters at the jail he's in...only postcards. WTH?
Whoa Sassygerl, your on fire. I like many, get how you feel. Seems like many in Atlanta aren't interested in justice like the mayor and the DA. They are hoping that appeasing a handful will keep the city calm. We can already see the armed protesters aren't satisfied yet.

We take their side. What is their side exactly ? How many of these armed and unarmed protesters actually saw the video from start to finish and actually understand what took place ? Did they hear about it from someone like the young man in the video yelling at Officer Rolfe saying " You harassed him (RB) for 20 minutes and he wasn't doing anything" which is totally not true. Facts matter.

Exactly! The thing is, the ‘witnesses’ and people on the video really didn’t know all of what was going on because they didn’t know his history, didn’t realize he was drunk, and didn’t see him punch the officer and tase him after he flung them around like rag dolls. One car wasn’t even in the drive through until seconds before Brooks ran by. Then the cars who were ‘witnesses’ were pulling in parking spots just after he was shot. IMO the eye witnesses and their videos aren’t very accurate because they missed important views/chunks of time. One witness was quoted as saying he was hiding in the floor of the car when shots rang out. How could he see what happened if he was crouched in the floor of the car???

IMO people think they know what happened because of the DA’s fictional retelling. His misrepresentation of what actually happened is continuing to have negative ramifications for the city of Atlanta and the APD IMO.

It's very worrying to see, especially in a death penalty state. Has this DA sent anyone to death row? I'd be reviewing the evidence very closely if he has.
If not a justified shooting, a lessor charge than felony murder.
Not only would the mayor not stop him, but imo, she encouraged him.

Of course she did. And now she's being praised on how she handled the entire situation, including the riots/protests. Oh, yeah, and the Dems are vetting her for VP. :rolleyes:

Rayshard Brooks' funeral: Bernice King demands end to racism 'virus,' seeks 'reparations'

"We cannot stop our demonstrations until our voices are heard and our demands for police reform are met. We must not stop until white supremacist policy and practices are no longer the order of today," Martin Luther King Jr's daughter, the Rev. Bernice King, said. "We will not stop until voter suppression is a thing of the past. We will not stop until reparations set us on a path to be free at last."

"Although I did not have a chance to meet Rayshard, I am here to stand with you in what feels like an all-too-familiar moment. Having a father killed when I was only 5 years of age, my heart deeply grieves for [his daughters] Dream, Memory, Blessing and [stepson] Mekai," King said. "I know the pain of growing up without a father and the ongoing attention around his tragic loss. I am and will continue to pray for each of you."

"This did not have to happen to Rayshard," King said. "Rayshard Brooks' life matters, and he should've been able to live to enjoy his family and watch his kids grow up into adulthood.”

"The officers should have gone home that night without blood on their hands," King went on. "This is the great tragedy in our nation that must cease."

King also said June 12 was "a constant reminder for the struggle for justice," noting that on that date in 1963, Medgar Evers, the field secretary for the Mississippi NAACP, was gunned down in his driveway, and, on that date in 1964, Nelson Mandela was sentenced to life in prison for conspiring to over through the government of South Africa.

"This happened in the city known as the black Mecca. The city in the city whose grounds are known for America and the world's warrior of peace. My daddy, Martin Luther King Jr., who taught us that true peace is not merely the absence of tension but it is the presence of justice. Therefore, there can be no peace in Atlanta nor anywhere in our nation where there is no justice. No justice... no peace,” King said, receiving echoes of the phrase from the crowd.

In a case like this, it's the responsibility of the Governor Of The State Of Georgia to protect businesses if the police won't do their job.
It's simple really. If the manager of Wendy's wants those thugs trespassed, then it's the job of the police to trespass them, period.
What the manager of Wendy's or any business affected like this should do if the Police, Mayor, and Governor won't act, (ie, call in the National Guard in the Governor's case) is to file a "writ of mandamus" with the court, and let the courts remedy the situation.

Such a

They don't want white cops there. The article says they are surrounding and telling white cops to get their white faces out of there. I've never seen such hatred in my lifetime. Is it okay to finally say what most of us already knew, all races or groups have some bigots. Hate crimes laws MUST be applied to all races and MUST protect all races. This is sheer hate that I'm seeing.

Money raised in Floyd's Go-Fund-Me = 14 million dollars.
Money raised in Brook's Go-Fund-Me = $214,000.
Money raised in Officer Rolfe's Go-Fund-Me = $0.00. The reason? You are not allowed to use Go-Fund-Me to raise money for legal defense if you've been accused of a crime.

Words matter.

So the fact the Rayshard Brooks was violating his parole isn't criminal according to Go-Fund-Me???

DUI, resisting arrest, assault on law enforcement officers....

JMHO YMMV LRR

So the fact the Rayshard Brooks was violating his parole isn't criminal according to Go-Fund-Me???

DUI, resisting arrest, assault on law enforcement officers....

JMHO YMMV LRR
Again... Words matter.
The Go-Fund-Me in Brook's case isn't for a legal defense fund. The same is true in Floyd's case.
The account states that 100% of funds raised will go to Brook's family.
The attorney representing Brooks created the account.
Of course I don't believe for one second that money raised in either case won't be used for legal fees to sue the city of Atlanta, and Minneapolis.

Rule 9. Prohibited conduct. From Go-Fund-Me Terms Of Service.

Campaign that we deem, in our sole discretion, to be for the legal defense of alleged crimes associated with hate, violence, harassment, bullying, discrimination, terrorism, or intolerance of any kind relating to race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, sex, gender or gender identity, serious disabilities or diseases, or financial crimes or crimes of deception

Last edited:
Such a

They don't want white cops there. The article says they are surrounding and telling white cops to get their white faces out of there. I've never seen such hatred in my lifetime. Is it okay to finally say what most of us already knew, all races or groups have some bigots. Hate crimes laws MUST be applied to all races and MUST protect all races. This is sheer hate that I'm seeing.
I've never seen this kind of hatred in my lifetime either GoBuckeyes, with the exception of the lawlessness of the LA riots. The man who was pulled from his tractor trailer truck and almost beaten to death, the fires and looting that took place. We are seeing the same thing on a smaller scale in some cities today. Someone needs to step up and do something. If it needs to be the military, well so be it.

It saddens me to see MLK jr.’s daughter is going to speak at the funeral. Does anyone truly think he would have stood with a criminal who attacked police?
Folks need to STOP elevating Brooks and these type of people as if they are a hero. Giant, public viewings? Streaming services? Children are watching. Is that who we really want them to think of as a hero?

Anyone who thinks this guy was a hero needs to do a hard reset on their moral compass.
jmo

The best (sarcasm) line that I've read is that Brooks "tussled" with LE. Ummm, no, that's called assault. Brooks assaulted the officers during the course of resisting arrest. I'm all for prosecuting any color LE from any agency for the use of excessive force. But this is not that.

That's not all I'm sick of. I'm sick of elected officials leveraging situations to their political advantage, such as this mayor has done. I'm sick of hearing the myths of white privilege and systemic racism. I'm sick of digital programming: television, MSM, SM, etc. perpetuating these myths. The entire justice system needs broad reform for all, including prison reform. I'm sick of BLM making it all about one race. The people who are gathering and violently rioting are no better than mob underlings extorting businesses for the boss. How many millions or billions of dollars have been donated to BLM by large companies not wanting their retail stores looted? In most states, that could be considered as acting in concert. And I wonder where those dollars will end up? Will they truly be spent directly helping those most in need? Or, as in the case of Shaun King, will they end up in the pocket of a serial non-profit starter/kingpin who makes promises to the oppressed, takes their donations, and doesn't deliver? But....he's still out there spewing his rhetoric. AMOO

I've never seen this kind of hatred in my lifetime either GoBuckeyes, with the exception of the lawlessness of the LA riots. The man who was pulled from his tractor trailer truck and almost beaten to death, the fires and looting that took place. We are seeing the same thing on a smaller scale in some cities today. Someone needs to step up and do something. If it needs to be the military, well so be it.

That's Reginald Denny:

Attack on Reginald Denny - Wikipedia

The L.A. Riots: 15 Years After Rodney King - TIME

Trucker’s Viral Social Media Post Vows “We Will Not Be Reginald Denny”

JMHO YMMV LRR

Thank you for the link. It's very sad to know how many are being mistreated through no fault of their own.

I find these actions so ironic, and very sad because these actions taken by the armed protestors are exactly what they complain about.

This is racial discrimination when they are judging one race of people solely on their skin color.

Yet this is very thing MLK never wanted to happen. :(

Imo, the whites who live in this area where they are being prevented from entering can't feel safe even in their own neighborhood.

I don't blame the APD officers for not entering. When they do they are attacked which just happened Saturday in this area to a police officer.

So this is another area in another city that is ruled by armed protestors. SMH!

Jmho

You are so spot on! They're demonstrating pure racism and can't even see it, or don't care. I'm not sure which. Some black leaders are starting to call out this new tradition of making martyrs out of criminals. Black US Commentator Says George Floyd Is No Hero

Anyone who thinks this guy was a hero needs to do a hard reset on their moral compass.
jmo

I 100% agree! I was disappointed when I heard MLK Jr’s daughter was speaking. I was appalled when I read that she said, “Brooks' death showed that even Atlanta, a city famed for Black empowerment, "is not immune to the problem of systemic and structural racism."

While I don’t dispute that racism is still a problem, Brooks was not shot because those police officers were racist. He was shot because he committed a crime, assaulted an officer, tased an officer, and then stole the taser. He was shot because he attempted to tase a second officer. IMO glossing over the fact that Brooks was a criminal, with violent crimes in his past, that knowingly broke the law and purposefully assaulted two police officers does not help anyone. It makes the situation worse for everyone.

Exactly! The thing is, the ‘witnesses’ and people on the video really didn’t know all of what was going on because they didn’t know his history, didn’t realize he was drunk, and didn’t see him punch the officer and tase him after he flung them around like rag dolls. One car wasn’t even in the drive through until seconds before Brooks ran by. Then the cars who were ‘witnesses’ were pulling in parking spots just after he was shot. IMO the eye witnesses and their videos aren’t very accurate because they missed important views/chunks of time. One witness was quoted as saying he was hiding in the floor of the car when shots rang out. How could he see what happened if he was crouched in the floor of the car???

IMO people think they know what happened because of the DA’s fictional retelling. His misrepresentation of what actually happened is continuing to have negative ramifications for the city of Atlanta and the APD IMO.

Sadly, media outlets seem to be unable or unwilling to tell the other side.

I 100% agree! I was disappointed when I heard MLK Jr’s daughter was speaking. I was appalled when I read that she said, “Brooks' death showed that even Atlanta, a city famed for Black empowerment, "is not immune to the problem of systemic and structural racism."

While I don’t dispute that racism is still a problem, Brooks was not shot because those police officers were racist. He was shot because he committed a crime, assaulted an officer, tased an officer, and then stole the taser. He was shot because he attempted to tase a second officer. IMO glossing over the fact that Brooks was a criminal, with violent crimes in his past, that knowingly broke the law and purposefully assaulted two police officers does not help anyone. It makes the situation worse for everyone.

Exactly and the officers who were involved had their lives turned upside down and inside out. For what.....doing a job that most people would never have the balls to do?

It’s truly unbelievable and downright scary to see how many people are morally corrupt.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn
Back