OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
The filing notes the shell casings found at the Wagner property and at the crime scenes came from Remington rimfire .22 caliber ammunition and both sets of shell casings had matching “firing pin impressions.”
That's pretty conclusive evidence. Matching shell casings from crime scene and their property. Forensics don't lie.

I'm going to have to start typing like the kids text. In shorthand. lol

JMO

Last edited:
Ohio attorney general withdraws from prosecuting Pike County massacre case

Above is a link to Billy's hearing yesterday. I just wanted to share a few things:

1. AC says she submitted additional Discovery on March 13 2020 during their meeting at BCI. I haven't checked the journal entries yet. If she did, it should include results of the last search in Nov 2019 at FWF (remember the dive teams). It should also include information about Rita's confession. Can anyone get a copy of that discovery? Mention of this is at point 11:00 in the hearing video.

2. At the very beginning of the video, you can see no one was sitting on the Wagner side of the courtroom. No one.

3. Notice Billy's disgusted looks at point 17:50.

JMO

Well thankx for Billy's hearing, I hadn't seen it.

Yup! No one in the spectator's section on the Wagner side. Fred and/or Robin are always there for the guys' hearings so I assume covid is the reason.

So I checked for Billy's expression at the 17:50 Mark and yes I see he is discusted. Reason sounds like it's because the video conferencing "couldn't be worse" but there is hope it will now get better.

Billy was already upset that he didn't see his attorneys and evidence in person enough, then covid hit. Bad luck X 2.

Betty do you have a link to Billy and Jakes hearings maybe on utube? I missed them both.
Hi Raisinisback,

Cool Cats posted Jake's on page 17

OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #55

Jake's hearing lasted about 30 minutes, Billy's was the second of the day and was much shorter, as they had already discussed the business about the AG removing from the case and AC working with Pike County Prosecutor's office. It also includes the update on the discovery process and what was accomplished between prosecution, defense and the evidence organizer consultant.

Last edited:
Did you all see Little Jakes face when the attorneys started talking about thousands of recording of phone call that BCI had been doing for months while the Wagners roamed free, Jake looked like somebody just stepped over his grave, JMO

Thankx for pointing out these phone calls.

So there are tapes of multiple conversations of the Wagner's talking at Fred's and maybe other places, and now a ton of Wagner phone calls. Wow.

Attorney:

"One of these discovery disclosure events included hours and hours and hours of surreptitiously taped phone calls, many of which for example were acquired with - well I'll leave it at that.

In order to facilitate our sufficient analysis of that information State's counsel agreed to pinpoint identify what they thought they might use in their Case in Chief so we could narrow down maybe from a thousand hours of listening to, ah, two."

Last edited:

So there are tapes of multiple conversations of the Wagner's talking at Fred's and maybe other places, and now a ton of Wagner phone calls. Wow.

Attorney:

"One of these discovery disclosure events included hours and hours and hours of surreptitiously taped phone calls, many of which for example were acquired with - well I'll leave it at that.

In order to facilitate our sufficient analysis of that information State"s counsel agreed to pinpoint identify what they thought they might use in their Case in Chief so we could narrow down maybe from a thousand hours of listening to, ah, two."

I recall that yesterday. It makes Jake's attorneys sound a little lazy, wanting to only listen to the part the prosecution plans to introduce. A good attorney would listen to as much of the tape as possible so as not to miss anything that might work in his client's favor.

These guys are just trying to make extra work for the prosecution, dawdling, delaying because they know their client is guilty and that once the trial starts it won't last long.

Their delays and demands on AC are actually sexist. They're trying to treat her like she's their law clerk who has to do their chores for them.

Yup! No one in the spectator's section on the Wagner side. Fred and/or Robin are always there for the guys' hearings so I assume covid is the reason.

So I checked for Billy's expression at the 17:50 Mark and yes I see he is discusted. Reason sounds like it's because the video conferencing "couldn't be worse" but there is hope it will now get better.

Billy was already upset that he didn't see his attorneys and evidence in person enough, then covid hit. Bad luck X 2.
I think you meant Jake?

I'd guess that vid conferencing in that area may have some difficulties but..., but, none that any of the other folks in jail are not experiencing. He is not unique. The rest of the world has had to be inconvenienced too, it won't make a lot of difference in the long run regarding his case, as long as his attorneys do their level best for him. I'm sure his atty has recordings and notes from the visits that "couldn't be worse", and can speak to him via landline, rather than vid chat, if needed, should reception continue to be very poor. They'll get it going. The courts and jails, and most other places, just weren't planning on 2020 and the horrid gifts that it seems to just keeps giving us. Fwiw, his atty probably gives him as much attention as his other clients, or more, they just don't sit in the jails and hold their client's hands. It's not like BW's got anywhere to go, or things to do, anyway. He can wait like everyone else, He's only been in there for 6 or 7 months.

Attorney:

In order to facilitate our sufficient analysis of that information State's counsel agreed to pinpoint identify what they thought they might use in their Case in Chief so we could narrow down maybe from a thousand hours of listening to, ah, two."

Hey CC, I took it to mean they were talking about all the phone calls with RN, and remember Jake was involved in those, too. LOL Wonder what he said to C Newcomb, Angela and the others on the speaker call! Lol

Last edited:
I'd guess that vid conferencing in that area may have some difficulties but..., but, none that any of the other folks in jail are not experiencing. He is not unique. The rest of the world has had to be inconvenienced too, it won't make a lot of difference in the long run regarding his case, as long as his attorneys do their level best for him. I'm sure his atty has recordings and notes from the visits that "couldn't be worse", and can speak to him via landline, rather than vid chat, if needed, should reception continue to be very poor. They'll get it going. The courts and jails, and most other places, just weren't planning on 2020 and the horrid gifts that it seems to just keeps giving us. Fwiw, his atty probably gives him as much attention as his other clients, or more, they just don't sit in the jails and hold their client's hands. It's not like BW's got anywhere to go, or things to do, anyway. He can wait like everyone else, He's only been in there for 6 or 7 months.

Add a year...he was arrested November 13, 2018, so he's been there over a year and a half.

Add a year...he was arrested November 13, 2018, so he's been there over a year and a half.
Add one. So he's been in there 18 mos. Big deal. It's still not not like BW's got anywhere to go, or things to do, anyway. He can wait like everyone else, He's only been in there for 18 months or so. No sympathy.

I recall that yesterday. It makes Jake's attorneys sound a little lazy, wanting to only listen to the part the prosecution plans to introduce. A good attorney would listen to as much of the tape as possible so as not to miss anything that might work in his client's favor.

These guys are just trying to make extra work for the prosecution, dawdling, delaying because they know their client is guilty and that once the trial starts it won't last long.

Their delays and demands on AC are actually sexist. They're trying to treat her like she's their law clerk who has to do their chores for them.
AC is out for blood and the defense don’t even see it, she is going to get justice for the Rhodens, Gilley and Manley, JMO

AC is out for blood and the defense don’t even see it, she is going to get justice for the Rhodens, Gilley and Manley, JMO

And she has more than enough evidence to put all four of their azzes away for the rest of their lives. The defense attorneys thought they had it made when she resigned! Lol lol, lol. Then, UH OH here she comes again!!

Sorry for posting so much the past few days...just can't help myself. I am so excited with the new changes! And I could just see the smiles on the Prosecution's faces...Angela Canepa and Junk were just beaming with confidence! Even Judge Deering seemed happier than ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member