Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted before that on the 13th of may LE said;

Investigation revealed that Suzanne Morphew, age 49, from Maysville had gone for a bike ride in that area and had not returned home.

A day before on the 12th of may LE said;

They advised that their neighbor, Suzanne Morphew, age 49, from the Maysville area had reportedly gone for a bike ride in the area and failed to return home.

After the 13th there is no word anymore about any bike ride. It was reported as a bike ride gone missing, then they got some maybe superficial evidence that she was on a bike ride and that changed them in investigation revealed. But in my opinion everything changed after that. No bike ride in the press releases anymore. Imo the bike ride story is out of the window. MOO

IANAL, IMO, isn’t it possible that BM cooperated fully and allowed a consented search in order to be quickly eliminated as suspect, in order to let all resources be spent on finding the guy who actually did it. I would bend over backwards to let LE do whatever it took to find my guy. IMO this is why the rapidity in BM searches. Innocence not guilt. I’d probably do it even if my lawyer advised against it. I
Wow! You've provided much food for thought.

What a very good question. Who is Suzanne? All we know is as you've stated, she is a wonderful mother and wife. But, really, who is she? Where are her siblings? Where's her best friend? Who is her best friend? There is so much we just don't know. MOO
Great post, especially when she was last seen. I think that BM, if he is guilty was smart enough not to commit the crime at home as he knew caavder dogs would find the scent, but to commit the crime at the crime scene. As previously posted, BM truck had a GPS that would have to be turned off manually and the neighbor called him in Denver, so he had his phone with him.

ADMIN NOTE:

The idea that TN filmed the video is misinformation based on a member's speculation only. It ended up being stated as fact that members ran with and numerous posts have had to be removed.

Folks, WS is fact based. PLEASE take time to learn the facts of a case, check your posts for errors, and provide links to back up what you state as fact. If what you state is only your speculative opinion/theory, make sure that is made very clear in your post so we don't send other members on a tangent based on misinformation.

Last edited:
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
Third time thru , I think I got it. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Could the homeowner/ builder thru their lawyer, force LE to clear the slab in order to continue the construction as scheduled. What can builder do, if there is a question about evidence in the slab?
Obviously, IANAL, but aren’t these the situations y’all live for? Aren’t there remedies that benefit both parties?

Good question. The answer would likely vary based upon the jurisdiction, and I don't practice law in Colorado. That being said -- in general -- a homeowner/builder wouldn't be able to begin a legal action against a governmental agency (including police) unless a "taking" had occurred (recall that the Takings Clause is part of the 5th Amendment).

While a builder or homeowner might claim that the rumors of what lies under the slab + police inaction depress the value of the property, a court -- IMHO -- would probably find such a claim too speculative.

I’ve never seen anything like it either. It’s like she didn’t exist except in some dated photos. Does anyone care? Is everyone being threatened if they talk? Not throwing out some wild theory but it makes no sense.

It's very odd. Even in one of the articles about hometown people putting up ribbons the one person they interviewed said they were very close the summer before their high school freshman year. That's 35 years ago! it sounds to me that Suzanne ceased to exist as an individual after she met BM.

Very recently there was a case of a missing young woman who refused to go back home after she was located. She had lived at home with her mother and boyfriend from an early age. It sounded like she wanted freedom and the only way to do it was to disappear.

Controlling love isn't really love at all.

I’ve pursued my alternative theory and one thing that clicked last night pretty much clinched it for me. So I ask that you set aside the guilty verdict and just follow my thoughts.
IMO, This started as a robbery scenario w/surveillance. This fits w/ charges for unnamed local yokel. RV park is perfect place. Trails and easement connect w/ 225(6) Ms house is slightly visible from 50, Google Earth, even more visible in March and April when trees were still bare.
During the surveillance, all three gals were tracked. This falls in w/ other offenses for local yokel.
Girls pack up car, obviously going to be gone awhile. Hmmmm, then BM hooks up his truck, obviously getting ready for Denver job. He could have been planning on Monday, then SM seemed perfectly happy, so he decided to go on Sunday morning. Covid does factor in, no church service. Suzanne May have indicated she was going to be LAZY on MD. This is a non issue, other than this:
Bad Guy sees that not only are the girls gone, but BM also.
For all we know, SM may take bike rides several times during the week. She may start out along the same route and BG has already determined where ambush will take place. Right of way would obscure vehicle from someone coming back, but not necessarily someone who started out after SM on a bike, also fatigue factor? Bach interview. They may not have seen each other, we may have unverified info of that. Just because MSM hasn’t reported it, doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. MOO
SM gets thrown from her bike, dragged into vehicle, bike won’t fit, gets tossed downhill.
Local yokel/BGuy has pattern of stupid mistakes, here it could be that he forgot about tracker watch or phone, or SM managed to toss them out.
I don’t think he went back to RV park, but he did head that direction.

Now put this guy into BMs place in our scenario—- substitute BG for BM it fits just as well. Because BG could have been hired byBM, still have to do every one of the same investigations. I have not factored in slab search, because I have followed timelines, trusses delivered and this in no way can be interpreted as a search warrant generated by anything more than statistical probability based on females murdered by SO w/ added overzealous person tipping that BM had been near slab (faulty tip based on timeline)
The rapidity of all the searches is most likely because BM has been cooperative from the start.

IMO any connection between
BM and BG has been eliminated thru BM s records, so now w/o any possibility of leading witnesses LE can recanvass asking specifically about local BG.

Local BG has been invisible prior to abduction perhaps at nearby town.

THE BIGGEST problem w/ my theory is that local Bad Guy has always slipped up and gotten caught. Or shown back up. Reason for focus on BM... works for me.
Or he has a partner.
Local LE. knows this guy well. He may NOT be a killer, maybe more of a caveman/ mountain bride type. Prepper w/ a twist. If this is the guy, he will make a mistake. MOO

Last edited:
I confess I am a grammar snob, and I concur his communication skills are a mixed bag with any number of linguistic detours along the way.
Good morning...catching up...in reviewing the TD video posted above listening for those two possible slip-ups...in addition at 8:22 I also heard him say “we had some cars over here“ when referring to the possible crime scene area being “messed up” by LE. Maybe that’s just the way he talks?? It sounds like BM is saying LE pulled the bike up from the ravine and he was repeating what LE themselves or possibly the neighbor said about how the bike was laying. I still believe he put it there though.

This was still in the midst of the lockdown, so I doubt any flower deliveries were happening. In our area, many florists were expressing concern that their businesses wouldn't be able to survive the virus and shutdown. (I live in NV.)

It's so sad that SM was all alone on Mother's Day. MOO
Too bad. A valuable clue might have been lost here. What if BM ordered flowers for his wife every year for Mother’s Day? What if he didn’t this year?

Local LE. knows this guy well. He may NOT be a killer, maybe more of a caveman/ mountain bride type. Prepper w/ a twist. If this is the guy, he will make a mistake. MOO

A little thing would stick out, too. The local grocery store remembers seeing that guy buying something (girly things or something else) that was extremely unusual for him on his last trip.

Example only. Please, nobody take what I said as literally happening, it's just an example of what a seemingly little thing can mean when put in context with an event.

IMO

None of the alternative scenarios make sense to me for 4 simple reasons:

1. SM's bike ride was not corroborated by anyone (we know of).
2. LE does not appear to believe SM ever went for a bike ride that day.
3. It makes no sense to me that a would-be burglar at the home would then turn it into a kidnapping & try to 'stage' a bike ride for SM. Staging implies someone close to SM trying to make the incident appear to have happened elsewhere.
4. BM continues to float the 'big cat' scenario as well as the bike ride activity.

If Denver was a lie, would that automatically turn LE to BM as the chief POI? How much more would there have to be before they start digging up concrete? Could it be that one single thing? Sometimes people lie about their whereabouts even when they are innocent of the crime, since they might be doing things they shouldn’t. I’m sure LE sees a lot of that, but it doesn’t make a person guilty of all things.

bbm
:p
I like your creative description.
You could be right.

If a random, bushy-haired stranger abducted her she might be in captivity but alive.
Can't exactly say "safe and well"; so no ransom would be payed out, but there ought to be questions asked !

I keep thinking LE would've put out a BOLO in that case, though ?
My .02 is that if someone took her it was planned and not random.

Not much new at all and I think it's sad.
Hoping LE are making progress behind the scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa