UK UK - Genette Tate, 13, Devon England, Aug 1978

I listened to the Mary Boyle podcast "no body recovered" from the BBC and they talked about Robert Black. He was a suspect in that case as well. What I didn't realise was just how investigated RBs movements were. They could trace him across the country and pin pointed his movements precisely over a period of time. I had no idea just how catalogued his whereabouts was. So with that level of detail I would say that if the police believe it was him, it was more than likely it was.

Robert Black was as close to a real life monster as anyone else you could name. His offending with children goes far back in years and sadly he was not interested in revealing anything to the authorities. There are some monsters (I cant bring myself to call him a person) who perhaps "enhanced interrogation techniques" should be employed or at least threatened. I can only imagine the horror these poor children suffered at his hands.

Father of Genette Tate dies with mystery unsolved
May 18 2020
''However, in his last main interview, in 2018, Mr Tate said he was not entirely certain of Black's guilt.

"My life is coming to an end. I dearly want to know where Ginny is. Just to know that she has been found and given a Christian burial would be enough.

"There is no closure. We will probably never have closure, especially now the only suspect is dead.

"I am not 100% sure Black did it. But if he didn't do it, it means there is another killer still on the loose.

"I suppose I just don't want to accept she is dead. But I need proof that Black killed her. If we could just find her body that would give me the proof I need."

Mr Tate, who died in hospital in Manchester last month, had suffered a major stroke that left him very weak and needing care. He was also diabetic and had prostate cancer.''

Just stumbled across this:

THE STORY – CLICK HERE!

Stinks of a huge cover up between the family and/or the police if you ask me. If it's all true...
Following on from some of the details in this blog, I had a quick look at the British Newspaper Archive and found this frankly horrifying front page article from the Sunday People dated 18 May 1980. I do understand that it was written 40 years ago but the wording is almost unbelievable.

It is an interview with John Tate discussing details of an "affair" he had with a 10 year old girl 4 years before Genette disappeared. This is what was referred to in the blog quoted above. It talks of how he "seduced" a 10 year old girl, and had an "affair" that lasted about a year. He says "everyone is entitled to one mistake and I should be allowed to forget mine" . He says she cuddled him and "it was the first time anyone had cuddled up to me in that way" and "I took her over. I loved her. The affection grew but then it suddenly stopped - from her point of view rather than mine"

He then goes on to say he had nothing to do with Genette's disappearance and that there were rumours Genette found out about what happened with this girl and ran away. He says as far as he knows that was not the case.

He was arrested when police later found out but was never prosecuted on "humanitarian grounds" due to what he and his family had gone through with Genette's disappearance. He only came forward publicly after the girl's mother was apparently going to sell the story first. His wife forgave him when she found out and they remained together for 18 months before they eventually split up.

I've attached the articles here and hopefully you can zoom in and read them but they make for horrifying reading. A man in his 30s does not have a "love affair" or "seduce" a 10 year old, he abuses them. There's no other word for it. I know times have changed, but the fact he so openly spoke about this to the press is remarkable. Surely even then people must have been alarmed. I'm not saying this has any bearing on Genette's disappearance but it does make you wonder what she saw or heard growing up with a father capable of this.

I've read articles in the thread sympathising with John Tate and losing a child is something no one would wish on anyone but after reading this, my sympathy is with Genette and her mother only frankly.

Attachments

• BL_0002454_19800518_001_0001-page-001.jpg
    BL_0002454_19800518_001_0001-page-001.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 42
  • BL_0002454_19800518_004_0002-page-001.jpg
    BL_0002454_19800518_004_0002-page-001.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 30
Genette Tate, 13, went missing while she was out riding her bike in August 1978. No body has ever been recovered after she vanished in Devon.

Child killer Robert Black, who was convicted of killing four young girls, was suspected by police of her murder. Black was weeks from being charged by Devon and Cornwall Police before he died in January 2016, aged 68.
Majority of unsolved murders across UK 'involve female victims'

with the thins ive dugg up on him i haehim fairly highup on the suspect list

well i dont think its was robert black becouse a body would of been found by now in allases involing black they found body an notein local to the area he wouldent know any good hiding places for it i suspect her dad could of done it m main suspect is a family friend who i hope to have more info on laterthe were conivcted off murder a few years after genete went missing

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back