Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you @Hopeithelps. That semi-removes the more rebellious cultural element.

Anyone know if Mill Creek been checked?

The Amish are great folks for the most part and very little trouble. Other than businesses dealings with the public, they keep to themselves. Most issues arise during the summer when the "English" tourists show up acting like snotty butt heads.

Thank you HereSheComes. I guess I’m more wondering and guessing you’re correct with a large family around why no one saw her after services? Meaning does that narrow down the timeline as to Linda having to have gone missing on her way home vs going home and back out again. Just wondering out loud I guess!
Only Linda left for home soon after the service was over, to change clothes before going to a different house for a youth gathering. Her parents and siblings stayed for a while at the farm where they had their church service. They did not expect Linda to still be home by the time they got there. They probably thought she be home around 11pm, and likely went to bed. Sometime in the night, or the next morning, they discovered that Linda had not come home.

Only Linda left for home soon after the service was over, to change clothes before going to a different house for a youth gathering. Her parents and siblings stayed for a while at the farm where they had their church service. They did not expect Linda to still be home by the time they got there. They probably thought she be home around 11pm, and likely went to bed. Sometime in the night, or the next morning, they discovered that Linda had not come home.

BBM:

I wonder if this was her usual routine or not, i.e., did she normally return home alone after church to change before heading over to the youth group, or was this unusual/atypical for her for her to change clothing b/t church and youth meeting?

Last edited:
I'm having a hard time visualizing what the route from her the farm to her home is like.

Has anyone seen any MSM video footage showing the route from the farm to her house and/or are there any locals here who are really familiar with the road she was on when she went missing?

Is that road heavily trafficked by vehicles?

Are homes/farms set back a way from the road, or would passing vehicles be observed by people in their homes?

Thank you @Hopeithelps. That semi-removes the more rebellious cultural element.

Anyone know if Mill Creek been checked?

The Amish are great folks for the most part and very little trouble. Other than businesses dealings with the public, they keep to themselves. Most issues arise during the summer when the "English" tourists show up acting like snotty butt heads.

I went to college in Lancaster...I know of the snotty butt heads that you speak about. Many, many disrespectful “English” tourists.

why change clothes? the clothing i've seen is modest and non descriptive. why a need to change

Her church clothes are probably her best clothes. To go out running around at youth group, she’d probably wear older clothing and a less starched cap.

I had a lady who cleaned for me, and one day she asked if I’d drive her to a family reunion when she was finished. She changed into her good clothes for the reunion—they were pretty similar to what she cleaned in but just newer and crisper. She kept her cap in a Tupperware container, which made me smile.

I went to college in Lancaster...I know of the snotty butt heads that you speak about. Many, many disrespectful “English” tourists.
Don’t get me started. We live in a picturesque little town, and some tourists act like nothing is private property and try to eat their lunch on people’s porches or play in their backyards. Like are you even from this planet?

I’ve also heard from an Amish lady who was confronted by tourists insisting she and the other Amish in our town are just people in costumes then proceeding to ask her a bunch of embarrassing questions.

I'm having a hard time visualizing what the route from her the farm to her home is like.

Has anyone seen any MSM video footage showing the route from the farm to her house and/or are there any locals here who are really familiar with the road she was on when she went missing?

Is that road heavily trafficked by vehicles?

Are homes/farms set back a way from the road, or would passing vehicles be observed by people in their homes?
It’s definitely not a heavy traffic area. Very private backroads and GPS directs traffic away from the area

Around here, it’s the plainer Mennonites who wear what we call “cape dresses.” They have an extra layer of fabric over the top to downplay your chest, basically. Not terribly flattering, but they are usually made in printed fabric for extra charm lol.

I tried to upload a pic, but you can Google “Mennonite cape dresses” if you want a visual.

What are “hut parties”?
This term came from Amish Mafia tv show which was about 2% truthful. A hut is a rental home or apartment. The Amish Mafia show had young Amish renting a home for a weekend and then having friends come over to party.

Amish people don't waste money and they barter for a lot of their needed wares. The Amish Mafia episode with Amish renting a "party apartment" made me roll with laughter.

Last edited:
Around here, it’s the plainer Mennonites who wear what we call “cape dresses.” They have an extra layer of fabric over the top to downplay your chest, basically. Not terribly flattering, but they are usually made in printed fabric for extra charm lol.

I tried to upload a pic, but you can Google “Mennonite cape dresses” if you want a visual.
The extra fabric is for modesty. It's to cover their breasts.

Her church clothes are probably her best clothes. To go out running around at youth group, she’d probably wear older clothing and a less starched cap.

I had a lady who cleaned for me, and one day she asked if I’d drive her to a family reunion when she was finished. She changed into her good clothes for the reunion—they were pretty similar to what she cleaned in but just newer and crisper. She kept her cap in a Tupperware container, which made me smile.
Married Amish women will make their own wedding dress and then it becomes their church dress forever or as long as they can fit into it. I would assume that a church dress for young adults is also a very special dress which they don't wear to their after-church teenage sing alongs (youth group meeting).

Attachments

• 20200625_191810.jpg
    20200625_191810.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 46
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics