Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
@branmuffin
snipped: So a freshly killed body in a tub wouldn't have any cadaver chemical smell especially if it was removed fairly quickly. A 110 pound woman would be easy for a fairly strong man to carry down the stairs and out the house.

Do the dogs they used search only for dead people or can they follow the scent of a living person as well?

I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination but I have read that tracking dogs used to find living individuals are trained differently than cadaver dogs.

Some SAR dogs are cross trained but I don't know if the dogs used in the initial search were cross trained.

It was long ago, but still present in every thought I have. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Truly. :)

We just never know who is posting and has a heart carrying sadness. But they have the strength to carry on and I hope these sites bring comfort to them, especially the ones where the perp is put away.

Warm thoughts to all.

Does she have friends? I haven’t heard any pleading for anything, from anyone other than BM and the nephew, a long time ago.
We don't really know if she has friends as none have come forward to speak about her or on her behalf that I have found in MSM. I'm certain there is a reason for this and I do believe she has friends - they just are not talking IMO.
JMO

My apol
@Feistyomi , I just read several articles about Holly Alcott White and I didn't see even one reference to her having a stalker. Could you link that information for me?

I wasn't really able to find much on the other, too common of a name, so if you have any information on that case, I'd be interested in that well.

I'm interested because I am in the same age range. I keep hoping I'm going to age out of the possible victim age.

TIA!
I apologize, I was focusing on the unexplained disappearance aspect. White was a totally unsolved missing persons, imo, she met someone connected to her move, selling furniture, throwing things out, etc, her husband WAS out of town, and was under suspicion and cleared. She was 52, IIRC
Katherine Smith is in Charley Project, as a Silver Alert. Red Feather Lakes CO, Smith was 69 yo, and a silver alert issued, however she had just bought some sort of travel conversion van, her pets disappeared w/ her. She appeared to be a vibrant lady, attractive for her age. If you want to take it further, there are more of this age demographic going back thru older cold cases.
I am ooooolllldddd, therefore I think my risk of stalking for sexual assault are much lower, LOL, however, robbery, murder, still a risk.

Stalking in SMs case may not be your standard stalker scenario, nevertheless,BG had to know about her bike rides, and the fact she was alone that day.

There are cases of older women being raped and murdered, more frequently than a disappearance, and some attackers even have attractions for older, even elderly women.
What’s intriguing to me, is this; I went thru about 8 of the bordering states on CP, the three I did find are in a relatively small geographic area. Taos NM, Red feather Lakes, CO, Salidas, CO. Smith may have been on the road, all three are tourist areas.

But I’m leaning more toward there being one local BG, in the vicinity of Mayesville and Salidas, and I’m confident the local people have been wary of him before SM disappeared. He may have gone off the grid before SM disappeared. ( spying or surveilling or stalking)MOO

Last edited:
JMO
From what I remember from a week or so ago, he had to get a family member to sign and approve the guradianship for that one sale of property and then supposedly there is a court date for request for permanent guardianship.
Was that ever confirmed there is a court date for the permanent guardianship?

I wish that family member had not signed the first one until the case of missing SM is resolved.

Someone needs to put the brakes on the permanent guardianship if it has not already happened. It is all too fishy right now until LE finds out what happened to SM.

Pure speculation on my part, but when I saw those real estate pictures of the Maysville house, I remember thinking that the garden tub in the master bathroom would be a perfect place to drown someone with very little effort. Not just because it was big making it difficult for someone in the bath to grab the sides to keep above the water level but because it had steps leading up to it making it very easy for someone to maximize all their upper body strength to keep someone submerged. Just casually perched there maybe chatting or shampooing their hair then suddenly pushing them under.

So a freshly killed body in a tub wouldn't have any cadaver chemical smell especially if it was removed fairly quickly. A 110 pound woman would be easy for a fairly strong man to carry down the stairs and out the house.

I found that geological report on all the different types of rocks, boulders, gravel, silt and sand found in Colorado, and their locations and that there were plenty of areas in Chaffee County area where gravel and sand can be produced commercially.

Some areas have yearly rockfalls during the spring runoff so something superficially buried could end up being covered by a natural process of rocks, gravel and silt.

Someone earlier up thread corrected my assertion that it would be pitch dark after twilight because there was a special full moon, a Super moon on May 7th. It was so bright you might not even need your headlights on driving at night if you didn't want to attract attention.

I asked Dave F. earlier about bodies of water and where they were located. I don't know what direction these bodies flow. There is a creek northeast of Maysville called Placer Creek. A placer is a sand or gravel deposit that has been carried downstream.

I'm not sure where LE did there initial search but I got the impression it was in the general area where it was thought Suzanne went missing. Although I momentarily forgot that BM and his buddies searched 200 square miles.

A couple of days ago I asked if anyone saw the video taken of BM the day BEFORE TD secretly recorded him. TD said he was soaking wet, bare chested and that his upper torso was very red. I still can't find that video but I did find mention of TD's description on a YT video by a female who uses scripture at the end. It made me think BM WAS in the water, whether stream, creek or river and he was looking for something.

I wonder how long you'd have to run a bath to get rid of any evidence of a crime? If I was LE I'd be checking water usage at the house for May 7, 8 and 9th. MOO
You are actually right on the money, @branmuffin! There is an abandoned placer mine on Placer Creek, as well as some active claims (not mines farther up. If you look at my first illustration below, there is a string of ponds lacing up what was the original bed of Placer Creek, which I have outlined with a red box. This appears to me to be the path of a long removed gold dredge. The second illustration is a higher view, showing the proximity to events in this case. The third, fourth and fifth pictures are screenshots from the Chaffee County Assessor, showing that the entire path is now subdivided into residential lots, and now a fully developed mountain subdivision. Data on this mine is no longer in the BLM-GLO system, and it is not listed on any lists of active mines, but there is actually an active placer claim that is not yet developed just off the top of the second picture, which is appropriately named "Valley View #21". You are correct that Placer Creek would be a good place to find alluvial sand and gravel deposits.

Thumbnails one and two produced entire in Google Earth:

Thumbnails 3,4, & 5 are snapshots from:
Chaffee Colorado Assessor Office
The assessor property number is included in each photo.

Valley View placer claim information:
'VALLEY VIEW #21' | 160 acre Placer Claim in Chaffee, Colo. | Dreamaker Association | located in 2007 | CMC265250

Attachments

• Old Placer Mine Closer View.jpg
    Old Placer Mine Closer View.jpg
    340.7 KB · Views: 50
  • Old Placer Mine.jpg
    Old Placer Mine.jpg
    340.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_2020-06-26 qPublic net - Chaffee County, CO - Map(2).png
    Screenshot_2020-06-26 qPublic net - Chaffee County, CO - Map(2).png
    802.1 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_2020-06-26 qPublic net - Chaffee County, CO - Map(1).png
    Screenshot_2020-06-26 qPublic net - Chaffee County, CO - Map(1).png
    806.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_2020-06-26 qPublic net - Chaffee County, CO - Map.png
    Screenshot_2020-06-26 qPublic net - Chaffee County, CO - Map.png
    757.3 KB · Views: 35
JMO
From what I remember from a week or so ago, he had to get a family member to sign and approve the guradianship for that one sale of property and then supposedly there is a court date for request for permanent guardianship.

I wish that family member had not signed the first one until the case of missing SM is resolved.

Someone needs to put the brakes on the permanent guardianship if it has not already happened. It is all too fishy right now until LE finds out what happened to SM.
The hearing to establish guardianship is Sept. 1st.

We don't really know if she has friends as none have come forward to speak about her or on her behalf that I have found in MSM. I'm certain there is a reason for this and I do believe she has friends - they just are not talking IMO.
JMO
I just find it strange that no one has stepped forward to say,
“We have full trust in all officers and agencies involved in the investigation. And if Suzanne is indeed gone forever from our lives, we are confident justice will prevail.”

nope, zero, nothing, crickets

strange...

Last edited:
JMO

Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase
06/06/2020
Automated ENotice Issued to Parties
Order Issued ---- 6/5/2020 : Mary Jane Hoeller Order Granting Temporary Guardianship ---- 6/5/2020 : Mary Jane Hoeller Letters of Guardianship Issued ---- 6/5/2020 : Mary Jane Hoeller Order Issued ---- 6/5/2020 : Mary Jane Hoeller
09/01/2020
Hearing on Petition to Establish Guardianship
Session:
09/01/2020 10:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Casati, Michael A.
Comment:
345-MAC-permanent (by video, 30 minutes)

-------------
30 minutes to strip her of all her rights - and she isn't even available to be examined because she is missing... and only an interested party can object.
JMO
ETA: Case number because sometimes the direct link expires
In Re: the Guardianship of Suzanne R Morphew

Case Number 29D01-2006-GU-000096 Court Hamilton Superior Court 1 Type GU - Guardianship Filed 06/01/2020 Status 06/05/2020 , Pending (active) Reference
Guardianship Registry
Parties to the Case
Show all party details

Incapacitated Adult/Child Morphew, Suzanne R

Petitioner Morphew, Barry L

And I'd add 12:00 - “we had daughters that were coming from back from a trip”. Makes me uncomfortable. I think the "tense" usage is critical. Can't imagine saying I had children, or had a spouse when they were still alive, it would be I have, we have.
ITA. At first I just thought he had grammar issues or something. But, I experimented telling a personal tragic story of my own. I always say OUR in relation to our kids. He’s definitely a bad speaker so I’m not surprised his lawyer advised him against (speculating) speaking to media.... yet, here he is ... which I find is common in these cases. Controlling people need to be in control ... jmo.
It bothers me that he said YOUR daughters need you, in his plea video, as well.

JMO

Very well said.^^^

I believe it was the eldest daughter who signed the first one ?
Actually thought it might be BM's mother who signed away Suzanne's property, but I think it has to be an immediate family member.
Since his mother was seen driving around with BM at that creek and moving the truck when they were trying to talk, in TD's video.

If certain people put the amount of energy into finding Suzanne instead of liquidating her assets that were not in his name.
Smdh.
Imo.

During the current period of these individuals being stalked, how many intimate partners or spouses were harmed or killed by their significant others? The stalking scenario is unlikely, spousal abuse or homicide, not so unlikely. JMO
You have misunderstood me. I never said that it isn’t more likely BM is guilty. My argument is more of this nature, if you rely solely on that criteria, statistically you are going to be wrong eventually, otherwise the statistic would be 100%.
We have no real evidence implicating BM, therefore only the statistic CAN be used.
It isn’t about me being right. IOW, I’d rather BM be guilty of imprisoning SMsomewhere, in order to steal all their money, at least she’d be alive.

IMO, we all need to explore all options, before convicting a man who hasn’t even been charged.

Even a remote chance that she is still alive, should have us all searching still. We quit to soon, IMO.

-------------
30 minutes to strip her of all her rights - and she isn't even available to be examined because she is missing... and only an interested party can object.
JMO
This really bothers me. The only mitigating factor for a victim’s family members in these cases is/was that spouses who murder their significant other for financial gain must wait 7 years for death certificate when NO body is found. Yet, we are seeing there are loopholes to this requirement, which really irritates me. Personally, I do not think a child of missing parent should ever be allowed to “sign and approve” such an action. They are traumatized, emotional and oftentimes in desperate need of the surviving parents attention and support.
If these actions weren’t possible, a body would need to be located quickly and the victim would be easier to find simply because the murderer needs/wants funds. Just my very judgmental opinion. JMVJO.

You are actually right on the money, @branmuffin! There is an abandoned placer mine on Placer Creek, as well as some active claims (not mines farther up. If you look at my first illustration below, there is a string of ponds lacing up what was the original bed of Placer Creek, which I have outlined with a red box. This appears to me to be the path of a long removed gold dredge. The second illustration is a higher view, showing the proximity to events in this case. The third, fourth and fifth pictures are screenshots from the Chaffee County Assessor, showing that the entire path is now subdivided into residential lots, and now a fully developed mountain subdivision. Data on this mine is no longer in the BLM-GLO system, and it is not listed on any lists of active mines, but there is actually an active placer claim that is not yet developed just off the top of the second picture, which is appropriately named "Valley View #21". You are correct that Placer Creek would be a good place to find alluvial sand and gravel deposits.

Thumbnails one and two produced entire in Google Earth:

Thumbnails 3,4, & 5 are snapshots from:
Chaffee Colorado Assessor Office
The assessor property number is included in each photo.

Valley View placer claim information:
'VALLEY VIEW #21' | 160 acre Placer Claim in Chaffee, Colo. | Dreamaker Association | located in 2007 | CMC265250
You are so amazing with this and all your research and the way you measured the distance to where the bike was found. I always get excited to read your posts. I wish YOU were there working on this case! You would probably be able to find her or be a very huge help!! If I were missing I would definitely want you on the case Dave F! :) IMO

-------------
JMO
This really bothers me. The only mitigating factor for a victim’s family in these cases is/was that spouses who murder their significant other for financial gain is/was required to wait 7 years for death certificate when NO body is found.
Yet, we are seeing there are loopholes to this requirement, which really irritates me.
Personally, I do not think a child of missing parent should ever be allowed to “sign and approve” such an action. They are traumatized, emotional and oftentimes in desperate need of the surviving parents attention and support.
If these ‘loopholes’ weren’t possible, a body would need to be located quickly and the victim would be easier to find simply because the murderer needs/wants funds.
I was just as irritated when this happened in the Michael Chambers case. :mad:
Just my very judgmental opinion. JMVJO.

Last edited:
During the current period of these individuals being stalked, how many intimate partners or spouses were harmed or killed by their significant others? The stalking scenario is unlikely, spousal abuse or homicide, not so unlikely. JMO
You have misunderstood me. I never said that it isn’t more likely BM is guilty. My argument is more of this nature, if you rely solely on that criteria, statistically you are going to be wrong eventually, otherwise the statistic would be 100%.
We have no real evidence implicating BM, therefore only the statistic CAN be used.
It isn’t about me being right. IOW, I’d rather BM be guilty of imprisoning SMsomewhere, in order to steal all their money, at least she’d be alive.

IMO, we all need to explore all options, before convicting a man who hasn’t even been charged.

Even a remote chance that she is still alive, should have us all searching still. We quit to soon, IMO.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't know what LE knows. Why wouldn't they know when and with whom she was last seen or when she spoke with someone other than just the word of her husband or the person who took or killed her if they exist? They know what they're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member