Found Deceased MO - Marina Bischoff, 39, Kansas City, 28 May 2020

Also from this link Clues come up in search of missing KC social worker
Armendariz said Bischoff left tire tracks in her yard and two others. She was the one who called police. Armendariz spoke to Bischoff that night, and described her as being disoriented.

“She just said she was trying to get home,” Armendariz said. “She was lost.”

Officers say Bischoff told them she had been drinking. Family and co-workers say that is very unlike her. Bischoff struggles with depression and anxiety.

“It just seemed like something else was wrong, like something more than ‘I had a couple bottles of wine,’” Armendariz said.

Bischoff was arrested and released the next morning with only an envelope.

“Any paperwork that’s in that manila envelope with her name on it, or anything like that, finder needs to contact KCPD immediately,” Underhill said.

BBM. I really think Marina took something she wasn't used to taking with alcohol. She was either drugged by someone she was having a drink with and managed to slip away and drive home, or she decided to drink on a new prescription, or with medications she may have acquired from a friend or family member to ease her depression/COVID anxiety, (thinking along the lines of Xanax, Valium). MOO. Thinking of Marina.

I'm local to this case and I volunteer with the homeless population in the city (though not in the northland where Marina went missing). IMO, there's no way that she's alive. The homeless population is relatively small and those of us who work with them are pretty aware of new faces. I don't think there's any chance she's disoriented and living rough. Sadly, I think she is deceased, either from self-harm or foul play. There are some wooded areas in the northland that could easily conceal a body indefinitely. I wish a larger-scale search would happen now that the KC area has mostly reopened.

I'm local to this case and I volunteer with the homeless population in the city (though not in the northland where Marina went missing). IMO, there's no way that she's alive. The homeless population is relatively small and those of us who work with them are pretty aware of new faces. I don't think there's any chance she's disoriented and living rough. Sadly, I think she is deceased, either from self-harm or foul play. There are some wooded areas in the northland that could easily conceal a body indefinitely. I wish a larger-scale search would happen now that the KC area has mostly reopened.

I'm afraid that your thought is likely correct, but I do think there could be a slim possibility that she was picked up by a member of her church and she's... somewhere. I have read concerning things about IHOP.

I'm afraid that your thought is likely correct, but I do think there could be a slim possibility that she was picked up by a member of her church and she's... somewhere. I have read concerning things about IHOP.
Yes, IHOP is definitely a concerning org. I just can't imagine what their incentive would be to hide her.

I’m not sure what your concerns with IHOP may be, but I have many family members who go to school there, work there, or simply attend Forerunner church and I can assure you that as a whole there is no way for their organization to be tied to a missing person. Of course there are dangerous/unstable people in ALL of society, hence the need for a place like Websleuths, but to cast a whole organization in a bad light like that seems a little silly IMO, respectfully. You may not agree with their theology, but.... to suggest they disappeared a woman is not logical.

She was spending no less than 90 minutes wandering around the parking lot of the Police station.
(I doubt she really made a call for someone to pick her up. I mean does it take that long for her to be picked up?)

After that she first walks east away from the station then she walks back past the station crosses over the 435, heads to the first intersection where she is seen walking back again towards the 435. So instead of her going further into the neighborhood she walks back towards the 435. Her state of mind must have been all over the place, she must have been scared and had no direction of what to do next. So horrible for a person to be in that situation.

Yes I realize that this happened. But would you like to make claims about all Catholics? LDS after Lori Vallow/Chad Daybell’s situation? We can throw any religious group under the bus based on the bad apples that may happen to be part of their organization. Unless their pastors are encouraging the kidnapping of/murdering of lost or helpless individuals (which they aren’t, it’s a Christian church), I just don’t see the value in taking the conversation in this direction. Obviously your experiences with them are not good and my words are probably not going to change your mind, but I think there are other points to discuss which would be more helpful.

Yes I realize that this happened. But would you like to make claims about all Catholics? LDS after Lori Vallow/Chad Daybell’s situation? We can throw any religious group under the bus based on the bad apples that may happen to be part of their organization. Unless their pastors are encouraging the kidnapping of/murdering of lost or helpless individuals (which they aren’t, it’s a Christian church), I just don’t see the value in taking the conversation in this direction. Obviously your experiences with them are not good and my words are probably not going to change your mind, but I think there are other points to discuss which would be more helpful.

Sorry, this is getting a little off topic, so I'll just post this and leave it. But I, personally would make the same claim about many, if not all, religious groups, especially the fringe religions. Historically many many bad things have come from them. Just a few as an example: The Branch Davidians, Jim Jones, Heaven's Gate, Scientology, FLDS. I would argue that the majority of people in those groups were good people who got sucked into something beyond their control, but that doesn't mean that really bad things didn't happen in the name of religion. MOO.

With all due respect, I think it's relevant here that she was a member of IHOP because that is another piece of information we know regarding her state of mind. So many ex-IHOP members talk about the extreme mind control they were subjected to which could very well have contributed to Marina's confused state. And if she is a member why isn't the church organizing searches for her? I don't even know her but still feel alarmed that she's out there ...somewhere...either confused or taken or some another incident happened to her and seems to be a slim chance for a happy outcome. I just wonder if they care about their members as people, not just what they can do for the organization (money and labor).
They have nothing on their FB page about her, nothing on the website.

Chiming in as I live near KC and have been following this case. I also think it is strange that IHOP has essentially given a statement that they will not assist, and realize that this may be perfectly logical for liability or similar reasons. I have just never heard of a church family "opting out" of a member in crisis. Also, according to several sources when Marina crashed she repeatedly told the family (whose yard she was in) "God brought me here."

MO law is written as "driving while intoxicated by alcohol or drugs (DWI)"
BAC is not required. Based on trained/experienced observation, field sobriety tests, horizontal gaze nystagmus, reasonable articulable suspicion, etc
But,,, during C19, a minor accident with no injuries, a driver that walked off and came back disoriented, could easily be written up as a DWI, even as a prosecutorial bargaining chip to cement the leaving the scene charge.

John has a great update video about Marina:
Starting at 14 mins in.
He's been in contact with the woman (Yolanda) whose yard Marina drove into. The woman is stating that she didn't think Marina appeared to be intoxicated by alcohol or street drugs. Very interesting.

He also talks to Marina's brother Victor:
Initially, Victor was told Marina was released at 3am. She was actually released at 7am. The missing persons division in KC wouldn't let Victor file a missing persons report until a week after the disappearance.
He says the report states it was a hit and run but there was no hit and run, Marina hit a cable box when her car came up over the curb. Yolanda validates this.

The private investigator of the case said:
She was seen at 820am.
Her cellphone and keys were found down the street down the street from where the accident happened in the bushes.
She left the station carrying a yellow envelope.

Last edited:
John has a great update video about Marina:
Starting at 14 mins in.
He's been in contact with the woman (Yolanda) whose yard Marina drove into. The woman is stating that she didn't think Marina appeared to be intoxicated by alcohol or street drugs. Very interesting.

He also talks to Marina's brother Victor:
Initially, Victor was told Marina was released at 3am. She was actually released at 7am. The missing persons division in KC wouldn't let Victor file a missing persons report until a week after the disappearance.
He says the report states it was a hit and run but there was no hit and run, Marina hit a cable box when her car came up over the curb. Yolanda validates this.

The private investigator of the case said:
She was seen at 820am.
Her cellphone and keys were found down the street down the street from where the accident happened in the bushes.
She left the station carrying a yellow envelope.

Thank you for sharing this

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa