Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020 #2 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has the back square windows on the sides like my Jeep Commander had, as well as the wheels. A Jeep Commander is an expensive vehicle and costs more than a Wrangler. It looked identical to mine right down to the color. I would guess it was a 2008 model. I kept mine for 3 years and then got a new vehicle of a different model.

I would like to know if Vanessa owned this vehicle or if it belonged to someone else. What did Vanessa drive home to Houston on the weekends she went home? I wish someone would ask her family.
It says in the article that it is her white Jeep (Vanessa's).

“the video, you can see Guillen getting out of her white jeep and going to get food inside the restaurant.”

Killeen restaurant releases surveillance video of missing Fort Hood Soldier Vanessa Guillen before disappearance

My issue with this is that I think this information would have likely been revealed right away. It would be important to obtain any surveillance video off base, if that’s where the vehicle headed.
Agree! If someone witnessed her being taken and put into a van, why wait so long to reveal that? Unless it’s a person who is somehow involved or shady themselves. I’m thinking of the case of the pro fighters stepdaughter who was kidnapped from a gas station and the witness did not come forward until way later.

Agree! If someone witnessed her being taken and put into a van, why wait so long to reveal that? Unless it’s a person who is somehow involved or shady themselves. I’m thinking of the case of the pro fighters stepdaughter who was kidnapped from a gas station and the witness did not come forward until way later.
Plus it’s the infamous “white van,” which we hear about all the time. This is likely going to be someone who knew her, who kidnapped her in his personal vehicle. It’s possible that she even got in willingly. I’m not buying this at all.

Foul play suspected in case of missing Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillén

HOUSTON — More than two months after a young soldier went missing from a Texas military base, U.S. Army investigators said this week they suspect foul play related to her disappearance and have opened a separate inquiry into allegations that she was sexually harassed by a supervisor.

<snip>

Army Col. Ralph Overland, commander of Guillén’s 3rd Cavalry Regiment, said in a statement that the Army takes “take allegations of sexual harassment very seriously,” and a separate administrative review of the harassment allegations will take place independent of the criminal investigation into Guillén’s disappearance.

The Criminal Investigation Command — the military's equivalent of the FBI — said its investigators have interviewed more than 300 people and have not ruled out anything, according to spokesman Christopher Grey. They began searching for Guillén with the help of several agencies, including the FBI, he said.

<snip>

The family and congressional lawmakers met with Fort Hood command staff and investigators on Tuesday to discuss the case. Natalie Khawam, an attorney for Guillén’s family, said she was pleased to have more answers after weeks of hearing nothing but was angered by discrepancies in the statements Army investigators made to the family.

Khawam said the Army initially said Guillén had reported for a 3 p.m. check-in with her supervisor, but, when pressed, admitted the report was erroneous. The Army did not say why the report was wrong.

Khawam said she emailed questions to investigators before the meeting and was promised a timeline and records. But when they arrived, the attorney said she could not obtain specific details, such as who called Guillén into work that day and the location of her cellphone. Khawam said she will file FOIA requests and subpoena phone records herself.

“Their answers were not justified. It was bogus. How dare you not be more transparent with the family?” said Khawam, who has worked on previous military sexual assault cases and is advocating for tougher legislation in Congress. “I think a lot of people dropped the ball. They were being disingenuous about their efforts to find her.”

The meeting, Khawam said, felt staged and devolved into a tense exchange because investigators declined to provide more details, fearing it could jeopardize the case.

“I think the most important part is that they are using the words now: ‘foul play,’ ” Garcia said at a news conference following the meeting. They “are looking at potential criminal activity to have occurred. The question is: who, what and when?”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/national/foul-play-suspected-in-case-of-missing-fort-hood-soldier-vanessa-guillen/2020/06/26/e2fc4e9e-b659-11ea-a8da-693df3d7674a_story.html?outputType=amp

Last edited:
This bothers me so much. I know they conducted searches earlier, but at least optics wise, it appears they have stepped it up recently in response to tremendous public pressure.

View attachment 252883

The 3rd CR is leaving no rock unturned in the search for Pfc Vanessa Guillén – Fort Hood Press Center
Public pressure and outcry from family. This is what I would be doing if a loved one was missing. Such a stark contrast to what we are seeing in another missing person thread.

I pray they bring Vanessa home soon. I have so much respect for the determination of that family! JMO.

Would anyone be willing to give me a brief synopsis of any clues in the case?

And theories?

ETA: I know she went missing at work, her belongings were left behind. This was April.

I see something about being snatched into a white truck and something about possible sexual harassment and protests maybe leading to more ground searches?

Also, I saw something about she wasn’t supposed to be at work that day.

Not sure the source of those things or if they’re accurate.

And theories?
She worked in the armory, and was last spotted in the parking lot at in the early afternoon of April 22, wearing workout clothes. Her wallet, keys, and ID were left in the armory.

Her family has claimed she was apparently sexually harassed by a superior, but we don’t know the specifics (someone allegedly entered her barracks room when she was in the shower on one occasion).

Her phone is missing, and she hasn’t been seen since. This week, the army said they believe this is foul play.

CID (the Army’s equivalent of NCIS) is the lead investigative agency. They have received help from the FBI, local law enforcement, and Texas EquuSearch.

ETA: The “white van” is a rumor at this point, and it does appear she was working that day.

Here’s an early article that provides a solid summary. Vanessa Guillen Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

She told her mom before her disappearance that she was being harassed by a sergeant but wouldn’t give his name. She was afraid to, said she’d handle it herself. She last text her sister that morning. We were first told that she worked in the armory that morning. She disappeared from parking lot and her belongings (all but cell phone) were left behind even her ID. Kinda went quiet for a while then mom went on media spree and made the harassment allegations public. Searching has picked up stream turns out that she actually didn’t work that day, someone marked her present but admitted to not seeing her afterall. Mom states someone “important” we don’t know who, gave her information that she was taken and forced into a white van. This is all my own recollection, please anyone add or correct if I’ve misstated.

And theories?

ETA: I know she went missing at work, her belongings were left behind. This was April.

I see something about being snatched into a white truck and something about possible sexual harassment and protests maybe leading to more ground searches?

Also, I saw something about she wasn’t supposed to be at work that day.

Not sure the source of those things or if they’re accurate.

Also, mom was given a name of the Sgt that was harassing her, by a close friend from Vanessa and “someone else”.

Vanessa specifically told Mom she wouldn’t give his name to her because she believed they had people that would hurt her family.

Mom claims to have given CID this name over a month ago, and hasn’t heard a response as to what they are doing with this.
Mom also claims she’s been lied to by CID, through her PI’s findings. This contributes to her frustration and anger with the base.
They initially said last seen in parking lot at 1, but now it was around 11:30 INSIDE the building.

Vanessa Guillen Case Archive is updated. I added a lot today and will do more tmr.
Vanessa Guillen -TX- by amanda reckonwith

Cell phone users, try this and scroll:
6/22/20 Base camp for the Texas Equusearch team.

Just an odd note, this Case Archive has long passed the Suzanne Morphew Case Archive in content. That is a surprise to me, except that the Guillen family
has pushed pushed pushed for answers. Of course, different circumstances. But you have to give a lot of credit to the Guillens.

She worked in the armory, and was last spotted in the parking lot at in the early afternoon of April 22, wearing workout clothes. Her wallet, keys, and ID were left in the armory.

Her family has claimed she was apparently sexually harassed by a superior, but we don’t know the specifics (someone allegedly entered her barracks room when she was in the shower on one occasion).

Her phone is missing, and she hasn’t been seen since. This week, the army said they believe this is foul play.

CID (the Army’s equivalent of NCIS) is the lead investigative agency. They have received help from the FBI, local law enforcement, and Texas EquuSearch.

ETA: The “white van” is a rumor at this point, and it does appear she was working that day.

Here’s an early article that provides a solid summary. Vanessa Guillen Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

You’re a doll.

She told her mom before her disappearance that she was being harassed by a sergeant but wouldn’t give his name. She was afraid to, said she’d handle it herself. She last text her sister that morning. We were first told that she worked in the armory that morning. She disappeared from parking lot and her belongings (all but cell phone) were left behind even her ID. Kinda went quiet for a while then mom went on media spree and made the harassment allegations public. Searching has picked up stream turns out that she actually didn’t work that day, someone marked her present but admitted to not seeing her afterall. Mom states someone “important” we don’t know who, gave her information that she was taken and forced into a white van. This is all my own recollection, please anyone add or correct if I’ve misstated.

Thank you!!

Vanessa Guillen Case Archive is updated. I added a lot today and will do more tmr.
Vanessa Guillen -TX- by amanda reckonwith

Cell phone users, try this and scroll:
6/22/20 Base camp for the Texas Equusearch team.

Just an odd note, this Case Archive has long passed the Suzanne Morphew Case Archive in content. That is a surprise to me, except that the Guillen family
has pushed pushed pushed for answers. Of course, different circumstances. But you have to give a lot of credit to the Guillens.

Interesting. And I will check it out.

interview with tim miller. starts at 16:16-39:26. he states that in every area they have searched (recently) they have had REASON to be there and it was NOT arbitrary. TM says they were cleaning up their motor home to leave, he had called vanessa's mom and cried with her on the phone bc they felt like they had come to a dead end, when he received a phone call from a detective with new info and new search areas which they immediately headed out to to search. someone came forward and talked. they did not have surveillance cams at the spot she disappeared from, vanessa's phone went dead around noon, her purse was left in her jeep, and the only clue they've really had to go on was the fact that she was missing. (they had no surveillance, no pings, no credit cards to track, basically nothing to go on in the beginning of the searches.) it was not until someone talked that they got a direction to go in, and he believes they are now going in the right direction. he thinks her phone was thrown in the water not far from the area she disappeared from. there are no checkpoints to drive off the base, only when you come in. he hopes fort hood will make some changes (add more surveillance) in the near future.

the reporter finally asks, "do you think someone hurt vanessa on base" and he can only answer "that's part of the investigation. we've covered everything we can cover right now. we know where she's not. our goal in the next few days is to say where she is. that's our goal."

they are gearing up and going back out today. (not on base, but in bell county. they have searched a lake on base with a boat and sonar, searching for her cell phone).

(i summarized for those of you who don't have time to watch.)

tim can find vanessa! <3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members