Identified! SC - Charleston Co, BlkMale, 18-35, 6 ft, 165 lbs, In Cooper River, Jan 2019 - Thomas Alex Williams

Thank you @Coffee56 . I am happy Mr. Williams has his name back now. It was only a matter of the right person(s) seeing his eerily accurate forensic sketch for him to be identified. This gives me hope for Mostly Harmless in FL and other UIDs.

More from the article :

The unusually long search to identify Williams came from the fact that friends and family members didn’t consider him missing. He traveled frequently, his family told coroners, and didn’t use social media. He rarely carried a cellphone; it wasn’t uncommon not to hear from him.

“He was a very private man,” said Deputy Coroner Christina Harrison.

Thank you @Coffee56 . I am happy Mr. Williams has his name back now. It was only a matter of the right person(s) seeing his eerily accurate forensic sketch for him to be identified. This gives me hope for Mostly Harmless in FL and other UIDs.

It just takes the right share to right person. I so hope MH gets his name back.

Wow, those reconstructions were so accurate, considering that NamUS listed the body as being decomposed beyond recognition.

This might seem farfetched, but when I initially read the description of Thomas's personality already knowing that he had been found in water, one of my first thoughts was that he might have been on the autism spectrum. I feel like that's something that would have been mentioned when they announced his identification, though. Also, it's obvious that there are plenty of non-autistic people out there who keep to themselves and don't use social media or cell phones regularly.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back