Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020 #2 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
But wouldn't that mean he was buried in two separate places? Since one discovery site is located at the 3200 block, and the other is 3400?
Sometimes bones are scattered by animals. Was there ever any mention in the other case that his complete remains were not found?

They didn't indicate whether the current remains were partial or complete remains so I guess it's hard to say at this point. They said the location was within walking distance of the other site but I don't know how far away that is, or how many yards between "blocks."

What would be the odds of two different bodies of two different people dumped in close to the same spot?

Right now I am reserving judgment until we know if these remains are part of Morales or if they are Vanessa’s. IMO

I hope to God that Army really is doing what they can. I also wanted to add that I read on a forum that they have been sending in CID from other units in to assist with her case.
MOO this was a CID case from day one.
Wallet and keys at armory. Purse in her Jeep. Phone missing and dead.

According to Equusearch the items they found have a good chance to be evidence related to VG.

MOO a man would be the same, soldier with no history of problems goes missing, wallet keys at work, go bag in car, car left behind, phone missing and dead.

MOO AWOLS don't look like that.

According to Equusearch the items they found have a good chance to be evidence related to VG.

MOO a man would be the same, soldier with no history of problems goes missing, wallet keys at work, go bag in car, car left behind, phone missing and dead.

So just a thought. I will sometimes leave my purse in my car and just take my wallett if I'm running in quick somewhere. So maybe she went in and just grabbed her ID and keys. Maybe she has like her id that she has a wristlet for with her keys. The thing is with her purse in the car she was either going somewhere or coming back from somewhere since her dorm is so close to work she wouldn't need her whole purse to run to work. Maybe she was planning on going to excercise exercise on base but I bet the gyms were shut down. Was she going to get food? Even wearing workout clothes doesnt mean she was going for a run. Tons of girls dress that way all the time especially during Covid lockdown. I think she had plans to go somewhere with her purse in the car still.

What would be the odds of two different bodies of two different people dumped in close to the same spot?

Right now I am reserving judgment until we know if these remains are part of Morales or if they are Vanessa’s. IMO
I doubt the remains are Vanessa's. Police said they will be sent away to determine if they are animal or human. I would think it hasn't been long enough to not recognize the difference. I guess you never know, though.

Some highlights from Tricia's live webcast with Tim Miller. Couple of things that stood out to me:

- Tim stated that the military did nothing wrong in the beginning of the investigation as they had "nothing to go on". Sounded like he didn't think that they dropped the ball.

- The items found in the river have not come back from the lab yet, but Tim stated that there is a really good chance that some are related to Vanessa.

- He sounds very positive that they will make progress in this investigation.

I hope to God that Army really is doing what they can. I also wanted to add that I read on a forum that they have been sending in CID from other units in to assist with her case.

AWOLS don’t like like that, unless it’s Gregory Morales. :(

Yes, if we’re being smart, we should take anything coming from the family with a grain of salt.

They probably don’t know a great deal more than we do, as that’s not how CID or any law enforcement agency worth its salt, works.

Any leaks could be hugely detrimental to the case, which sucks for the family, but is in the best interests of justice.

They want information, which is totally understandable. The problem is the command can’t give that to them, as it’s probable that CID isn’t sharing much with them.

So the family gets frustrated, thinks nothing is being done, and latches on to every rumor they can.

Which leads to confusion when they share that information.

I agree. This is why I think they should come out and set THEIR facts straight. Even if it’s just some basics that they can tell the public. Was it really the parking lot or office? Did they call and inform the family, or was the family the ones to call? Was she really supposed to go in or not? How many people were in the shop that day, that we’re supposed to be with her?
Unfortunately, I think the family would still fire back. It’s just a very unfortunate situation. :( Although I do believe CID has her best interests, I think their track record on Fort Hood is clouding all of their good intent for Vanessa’s case.

I also want to add that when this first came out, I asked about the uniform. Ppl here said it didn’t matter, but I do think it does. It will help prove if she was really going out for a jog during her lunch or not. If not, then it could mean she went in civi clothes because she wasn’t planning on being there that long. JMO

Last edited:
That is Killeen for you guys...There are places where they are just dump bodies...
As to Gregory, you just don't get killed and your body gets hidden. If he met with bad fate and got killed ( robbery, argument) , they would just drop a body and disappear, happens in Killeen all the time.

His demise and disposing of the body was planned...

I also think about the phone records. Why did it take them 2 months to request those? That would’ve been my first move- especially knowing it was gone. Can phone records display Texts? If she was called in through text, then that could at least have more weight on if this call in was more legit. If it was on other social media, then that could definitely show this wasn’t official business. JMo

Witnesses reported finding unidentified remains in a Killeen field on Saturday evening, according to police.

At 1:33 pm, officers were called to the 3400 block of Florence Road for an area check after people say they spotted remains while in the area.

KWTX-10 said the discovery was found within walking distance of the site where investigators found soldier Gregory Wedel-Morales' remains on June 19.

Detectives with the Homicide Unit have removed the remains and sent them to the Southwestern Institute of Forensic Sciences in Dallas for further review.

'Unidentified' remains found near area where soldier's remains discovered, sources say
What in the world is going on?!!!

That is Killeen for you guys...There are places where they are just dump bodies...
As to Gregory, you just don't get killed and your body gets hidden. If he met with bad fate and got killed ( robbery, argument) , they would just drop a body and disappear, happens in Killeen all the time.

Since you are local and, just out of curiosity, is Nolan lake a place where people go fishing, paddling or to practice any type of recreational activities?

JMO MOO

ETA grammar

Last edited:
PatLaurel, we have two big lakes here - Belton Lake, StillHouse Lake. Both are widely used for canoeing, boating, paddling, fishing. Lake Belton also has pretty nice beaches while Stillhouse does not.

Thanks. It's the Nolan Lake i'm specifically interested in. <mod snip>

Last edited by a moderator:

That area is a hellhole. We used to own some land near there and sold it just because we couldn't stand to be near there.

Not trying to piss anyone off but coyld we respectful keep Gregory's Wendell
I also think about the phone records. Why did it take them 2 months to request those? That would’ve been my first move- especially knowing it was gone. Can phone records display Texts? If she was called in through text, then that could at least have more weight on if this call in was more legit. If it was on other social media, then that could definitely show this wasn’t official business. JMo

Maybe the pings they are tracking is from someone else's phone that they were able to determine or traveled along the same route at the same time as hers at first. Maybe they've gotten a hold of someone's phone and are tracking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle