Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember somewhere on here it was said LE did not want them to talk because it would ruin the investigation. MOO

If link hasn't been found yet, here it is:

“We are as much in the dark as anyone else, because they don’t want information getting out there that might hurt the case. It’s hard to wait and watch and wonder what’s happening,” they said, adding that the situation was “surreal” for Suzanne’s family members.

I maybe missed this but is it confirmed if Suzanne helmet is missing too?
AFAIK nothing was confirmed missing with her. Even the news of the recovery of the bike didn’t came from LE. If I remember correctly there is a picture of her on the missing poster with helmet on, but so far I don’t remember LE asking the public to watch out for it.

When could that have happened? IMO

It may not have happened yet. Probably did not. I’m pointing out what my brain ran with in a moment of falling into the unexplained disappearance and no body scenario. Jennifer Farber Dulos has never been located. I’m heavily invested in that case. Between Letecia and Fotis, I’m looking everywhere for ideas.

When could that have happened? IMO

MOO.. perhaps they took a trip before the weekend and SM was still alive. Maybe she thought she was going home for a visit.

Perhaps a huge argument happened and he got very angry.

Then SM never returned home. I am sure they have tracked their vehicles though. But maybe he never thought of that.

Then he had to put his plan into action on how he could fool everyone and claim his innocence in her disappearance. I wonder how that is working for him.

MOO.. perhaps they took a trip before the weekend and SM was still alive. Maybe she thought she was going home for a visit.

Perhaps a huge argument happened and he got very angry.

Then SM never returned home. I am sure they have tracked their vehicles though. But maybe he never thought of that.

Then he had to put his plan into action on how he could fool everyone and claim his innocence in her disappearance. I wonder how that is working for him.
I am hoping that if he is guilty, that the crime is not premeditated. That would potentially mean that more mistakes were made, and there were certain things that could not be erased.
As you say, perhaps a huge argument happened and he got very angry. Perhaps the initial crime was domestic violence, which he decided to cover up by murder.
Whether premeditated or not, I'm feeling that he has an indisputable alibi for his movements on Mother's Day. I speculate that LE is busy filling in his timeline for the two days prior. I also think he was very surprised that LE did not buy the Mother's Day bike ride story. Moo

AFAIK nothing was confirmed missing with her. Even the news of the recovery of the bike didn’t came from LE. If I remember correctly there is a picture of her on the missing poster with helmet on, but so far I don’t remember LE asking the public to watch out for it.

Yeah i thought so, so many rumors floating around. Thanks for the answer!

“We are as much in the dark as anyone else, because they don’t want information getting out there that might hurt the case. It’s hard to wait and watch and wonder what’s happening,” they said, adding that the situation was “surreal” for Suzanne’s family members.
Thanks sillybilly!

For those that missed it, this recent update indicates that the family of the missing person and volunteers helping them have been searching, canvassing, putting up fliers, etc. trying to find the missing person. The family is likely doing many things in their search efforts that nobody on WS or the media knows about...IMO
ITA It’s fairly remote, and then you factor in covid. In SC we started to come out of hibernation, then cases started to rise, we’re sort of in limbo, so I figure reporters aren’t camping out in town in hotels. They are waiting for news from LE via press releases, THEN, they drive down, and maybe stay overnite, there just isn’t enough going on at this point. I think covid IS a factor, just not sure what areas and how.
Obviously, I can’t search geographically from here, Google Earth doesn’t do street view on 225 even. So IMO these searches have moved onto last known addresses, relatives. More defined and cautious searches. We forget that even the family of the missing person does have to be respectful of the local people also.JMHO

I am hoping that if he is guilty, that the crime is not premeditated. That would potentially mean that more mistakes were made, and there were certain things that could not be erased.
As you say, perhaps a huge argument happened and he got very angry. Perhaps the initial crime was domestic violence, which he decided to cover up by murder.
Whether premeditated or not, I'm feeling that he has an indisputable alibi for his movements on Mother's Day. I speculate that LE is busy filling in his timeline for the two days prior. I also think he was very surprised that LE did not buy the Mother's Day bike ride story. Moo
bbm

Ita.

Surprised, and maybe not very happy ?
Hence his description of LE 'mishandling the bike and destroying evidence'; per the TD interview. ("Let me tell you what happened...")
How could LE not believe what BM told them ?
What is wrong with them ? :rolleyes:
Hmm.

Speculation only :
I would've loved to be a little birdie and listened in to the exchanges between BM and LE that first evening after his return from wherever he said he was.

What if BM said to LE ; "You need to look here.", or "Her bike ride went along this trail and you need to check it out."
And LE searched and voila', the bike was in that very spot.
Wouldn't LE have further questions ?
I would.

LE saw through BM and his account for mother's Day.
Being 'nosey' and asking uncomfortable questions is part of their job, and whatever it was that they observed or heard from BM piqued their interest.

Lack of updates/evidence to the public and BM himself in no way indicates that LE don't have evidence.
Quite the contrary.
Of course they're not going to tell BM anything. Why would they ?
The same goes for the general public.
After seeing what people say and surmise on social media; LE are going to keep quiet until they make an arrest.
Imo.

Last edited:

respectfully bolded and underlined by me

Again, with respect for all who are providing this link, this isn’t proof—to me, at least—that LE told Suzanne’s family not to talk about her case.

Apparently, SM’s family was told by someone that they shouldn’t talk about any information related to SM’s case. In my cynical and suspicious mind, that someone could be BM, relaying that supposed directive from LE to the family. (Would the family question him? And if he’s silent, then they have to be??)

Yes, I guess I’d like proof that LE themselves had a conversation with Suzanne’s family—her daughters, father, siblings, cousins, etc.—without BM involved. Because I know family and friends want to believe in his innocence, and that simple fact can allow for a lot of manipulation and supposition.

And the other thing I don’t understand is, even if family and friends don’t talk about the case details, does that mean no one talks about Suzanne? At all?

Could be.
I’ve been researching missing people, as you know,. Krystal Anne Reisinger, seems to have no real similarities to SM, other than missing in southern CO.
She went missing from Crestone, and it appears more of a drug culture case. However, this group she was involved w/ had ties to the Saguache area as well.
Could we have a BG who may not necessarily be a druggie, more of a drifter, fitting in w/ that culture, kinda here today, gone tomorrow.IMO

Again, with respect for all who are providing this link, this isn’t proof—to me, at least—that LE told Suzanne’s family not to talk about her case.

Apparently, SM’s family was told by someone that they shouldn’t talk about any information related to SM’s case. In my cynical and suspicious mind, that someone could be BM, relaying that supposed directive from LE to the family. (Would the family question him? And if he’s silent, then they have to be??)

Yes, I guess I’d like proof that LE themselves had a conversation with Suzanne’s family—her daughters, father, siblings, cousins, etc.—without BM involved. Because I know family and friends want to believe in his innocence, and that simple fact can allow for a lot of manipulation and supposition.

And the other thing I don’t understand is, even if family and friends don’t talk about the case details, does that mean no one talks about Suzanne? At all?
bbm
Bumping this post.
Agreed.

It could have been anyone from the nephew of BM, TN --- to BM himself telling Suzanne's family to stay silent.

Tbh, I can't imagine LE telling her family they can't make a public plea for her safe return.
But if so, this is the first missing case I've heard of , where LE took such actions.

This is important -- imo -- as if it was someone outside of LE it would indicate someone's controlling the narrative and their control reaches even outside their own immediate family.
MOO

Ok, I'm snarky. So if that's BM manipulating behind the scene, then harming the case would mean harming the defense's case. Moo

Ok, I'm snarky. So if that's BM manipulating behind the scene, then harming the case would mean harming the defense's case. Moo

Huh? Maybe I need more coffee . . .

I think BM would like this case to dry up and disappear.

If he can convince family and friends to hush up and not ask questions, all the better for him. And if he invokes an “LE directive” to do so, who, if they love and care for Suzanne, would not comply? (Hopefully by now, someone in Suzanne’s family, besides BM, is talking to LE.)

“Harming the case“ was the reason given to silence family and friends, and their silence was the desired goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member