CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #5

If any one of us could have seen into the future back when GSK was still a shadowy unknown perp. what might we make of this scene today...
Would the first thing we notice be the peculiar see-through face masks of the killer and his lawyers,
what would we think they were for?
How ironic, the once masked intruder is wearing one in court, except now the whole world can see his hateful face and hear little more than his pathetic, bleating yeaahh. imo.

ABC News

Last edited:
Plus there was a very good chance he would die of old age before they could even present all the mounds of evidence to a jury. If that happened then there would be no guilty verdicts or pleas. The cases would just go away. It’s not perfect justice but at least they know who did it and that he will die in prison a convicted man.

Watching now. I wonder if the factual basis' are being read from one of the novels....very dramatic.
This will go on for hours......... but at least the family doesn't have to relive these morbid details by sitting through a trial.

Did anyone catch right at the beginning when the Sacramento prosecutor was speaking about the initial interview of DeAngelo?

He said that DeAngelo started talking to himself in the interview room, saying something about "he had pushed Jerry out, so Jerry couldn't do those things anymore" or something like that.

I wonder if that was true? Or maybe setting up a split personality issue? All moot now that he's pleading guilty to everything. Just thought it was interesting.

The hearing will resume at 11:15 PST

I don't think I missed anything - but here is what I have so far

Count 1 - Tulare County for Claude Snelling
then they skipped to count 4 & 5 - Offerman & Manning - Santa Barbara Co.
County 6 & 7 - Domingo & Sanchez - Santa Barbara Co.
County 8 & 9 - The Smiths - Ventura County

Wondering - did I miss counts 2 & 3 ?? Just want to keep my notes straight! ;)

TIA! :)

I think maybe count two was Snellings daughter, going from memory here so not fact. Moo

I think maybe count two was Snellings daughter, going from memory here so not fact. Moo

No, the count 1 was for her father - and then Judge said "an uncharged act" of kidnapping daughter - he admitted to, but did not pled guilty, as he does for the other counts.
Maybe they will continue with counts 2 & 3 when they get back...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back