Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe. I’d think there would be at least a picture of a suspicious vehicle released by now if that were the case.

MOO
Of course. If they had any description at all, whether that be from surveillance or an eye witness, they would have released that.

Hell, we didn’t even get a general description of the victim here (height, weight, eye color, etc).

For reference, this is the poster put out by local law enforcement and the CBI in the Kelsey Berreth investigation. At the time, they didn’t know she was a victim of foul play. It appears that they knew right away what they were dealing with here.
F0651E6E-DF8A-4BAA-8093-D5381A661FB0.jpeg

Yes that is true - apparently the CO reporters aren't nosing around up there where she "disappeared" either because they haven't reported anything lately - so if they are searching it would appear it's on the old QT - IMO.
I better go check out their tweets -
I search Twitter several times a day for SM’s name. 2 of the reporters I always check are Lauren Scharf and Stephanie Butzer. These 2 seem to have built a working relationship with the Spokeswoman for CBI. In fact, during a FB live with DWAP, Lauren said that if/when there is ever a live press conference the spokeswoman assured her that she would give Lauren a 3 hour “heads up “ so she has time to travel there.

There was a fabulous photo on SM of Suzanne and her daughters. SM’s back was to the camera and her arms we kind of “up around” her daughters who were facing the camera. SM was wearing basically a backless dress, she was in incredible shape! Lean and muscular, her back muscles and arms were on point, beyond toned and honed! Clearly she spent a lot of time at the gym, Pilates or yoga, possibly ALL from the looks of her! Based on the daughter’s appearance, it was a recent photo- within last year (?)

Based solely on that photo, she’s not skinny, weak or frail. She’s super fit and dedicated to her health and fitness- and looked strong to me! Unless a multitude of things have transpired since that photo- none of which would allow her to mountain bike that challenging area. JMO

I keep thinking of that photo and others I’ve seen posted of her whenever it’s mentioned that she’s frail - you can still be what people may view as a “petite or tiny” woman YET be super strong, athletic and fierce! IME...:oops:

Wasn’t that picture 1 Year old? That’s my recollection anyway. It would have been no bearing on the physical shape of her at the moment of her disappearance.
Although to mountainbike one needs strength and good condition, it all depends on what kind of trails she would choose, the speed she would ride and for how long would she be on her bike.
IMO

Are we allowed to cite Crimeonline?

If not, in the hidden interview, Barry said that the neighbor went to check on his wife and saw her car there, but her bike missing. Essentially it sounds like he was saying that’s how they “knew” she had gone on a ride. He didn’t mention anything about Suzanne being seen on her bike.

And frankly, if she had been I think posters would show her bike, and print: “Last seen on this bike on such and such street, at approximately 10:05 am.” Or something to that effect.
BBM:

Hey, gitana, in answer to your question, yep, CrimeOnline is an approved source here.

Totally kosher to post links, quotes from their articles, etc.

I've both done it and seen it done by other posters countless times here on the thread.

JMO.

to be honest with you, you really can't go but what someone's body type looks like in regards to their physical capabilities. I mean, to some extent, yes. but I look at some people who are completing marathons and think - wow, would have never thought they can do that. I am the type of person who pushes myself...I've literally done a couch to 5 k (with 0 training) and finished in a decent time. So even if a picture was old or not, I think maybe she was a go getter in that sense???

Of course. If they had any description at all, whether that be from surveillance or an eye witness, they would have released that.

Hell, we didn’t even get a general description of the victim here (height, weight, eye color, etc).

For reference, this is the poster put out by local law enforcement and the CBI in the Kelsey Berreth investigation. At the time, they didn’t know she was a victim of foul play. It appears that they knew right away what they were dealing with here.
View attachment 253326

Good comparative case example there.
Poor Kelsey.
Just looking at the missing poster of her, I'm becoming incensed with that moron PF all over again.

Seeing KB's photo does bring up a point related to the subject of SM's fitness level, which has been speculated about here.

SM does appear to be an extremely fit woman in her FB photos.
KB was also an extremely fit woman.

Here's the thing, though:

If you're a petite woman, it doesn't matter one iota how fit you are.
You're going to be easily overpowered by a bigger, stronger man every time.
Every. Freaking. Time.

Especially if you're completely blindsided, figuratively speaking...
and perhaps even literally speaking, as we saw in KB's case.
KB never saw that deadly attack coming.
Figuratively OR literally.

That may also very well be true of poor SM.
I strongly suspect that it is.

JMO.

Last edited:
I hesitate to judge someone’s entire life on several comments made in these few interviews. Do we know the transcriptions are verbatim, word for word? Do we know the reporter didn’t ask leading questions to elicit the answer they wanted? Do we know of more than one display of temper? 52 yrs old. Perhaps the other party had a more extensive history of temper? IMO, these few comments are more likely an indication people not realizing that simply trying to be agreeable, rather than argumentative can be twisted. These few comments that have been speculated across our nation may be why others close to the Morphews ARE publicity shy. JMHO
For me, at least, it’s not just about what has been said of him by “others”, but that this was a family member. I wouldn’t expect a family member to lie about his controlling nature. Why do that? Add to that, everything that’s happened since SM went missing, and it gives me considerable pause. One, LE dismissing every “narrative” BM has put forward, starting with the alleged bike ride, to cat dragged her and apparently ate even her bones, bike helmet, shoes and hair. Of course, there’s also the hit and run, getting disoriented and “got in the river,” except she wasn’t found in the river. Although, it wouldn’t surprise me if they found her in some other river, but I’m more inclined to think she’ll never be found because he had time on his side. As far as random abduction goes, that’s not how LE is conducting this investigation since they dug up a foundation at one of BM’s job sites, and I for one, don’t think these guys are the Keystone Cops. They know enough to know something wasn’t right with BM’s “story” and they’re not buying it, and neither do I.

Also, controlling, narcissistic individuals don’t get that way overnight. I have no doubt this was something he exhibited early on in the relationship. JMHO

RRBM
I keep seeing you mention BG. I've only slightly followed the Delphi case and I know the suspect is called Bridge Guy/BG. Are you trying to imply that that guy is somehow involved in this? Or does the BG stand for someone I've missed in Suzanne's case? It's very confusing to me.
TIA for your clarification.
I’m so glad you asked this question. When I see BG, I immediately think of Bridge Guy.

If she was weak from cancer treatments, how does a bike ride fit in?
I agree. All of the pictures I’ve seen show a woman who was in great shape her whole life. MOO

Sorry, I don’t understand. The staging of what?
IMO this suspicious vehicle could have been anything from broken down, hood up, or flat tire, something of that nature, while on road 50, wouldn’t get a second glance, on the back roads, things do get noticed and filed
in our memories.
While on staging, I do not see any evidence of the bike being staged. IMO it was discovered tossed down the hill, something a mountain lion would not have done.
This was enough to raise questions toward an abduction. BM needed to be cleared quickly to allow resources to focus on abductionJMHO

Poor Kelsey.

Just looking at that poster of her, I'm becoming incensed with that moron PF all over again.

It does bring up a point related to the subject of SM's fitness level, which has been speculated about here.

SM appears to be an extremely fit woman in her FB photos.

But here's the thing:

Every. Freaking. Time.

Especially if you're completely blindsided, figuratively speaking.
And perhaps, as we saw in KB's case, literally speaking, as well.
She never saw it coming.

I suspect it is.

JMO.

I agree that she was likely overpowered or didn’t see it coming. She could fight and be overpowered.

Maybe I’m taking things too personally, ahem, but I just don’t like the assumption that she is weak because of her age and build. Possibly she wouldn’t like it, either.

MOO

IMO this suspicious vehicle could have been anything from broken down, hood up, or flat tire, something of that nature, while on road 50, wouldn’t get a second glance, on the back roads, things do get noticed and filed
in our memories.
While on staging, I do not see any evidence of the bike being staged. IMO it was discovered tossed down the hill, something a mountain lion would not have done.
This was enough to raise questions toward an abduction. BM needed to be cleared quickly to allow resources to focus on abductionJMHO

Between Ring type surveillance and game cameras, I think they’d have an image. They’d have a general idea if the time frame for a bike ride scenario. Not many ways in and out if that area, so it’s likely the vehicle would be seen and captured on film in broad daylight.

MOO

BBM:

Hey, gitana, in answer to your question, yep, CrimeOnline is an approved source here.

Totally kosher to post links, quotes from their articles, etc.

I've both done it and seen it done by other posters countless times here on the thread.

JMO.

Thank you.

I found this, but it is a horrible cite. It doesn’t say who is speaking, the context, etc. although it appears it MAY be the stepmother speaking. But very poorly done, so take it with a grain of salt:

“The neighbors up there are spread pretty far apart but the only reason they found out [she was missing] is because the girls called the neighbors and said, ‘we never heard from Mom – can you go check on her?'” the friend’s stepmother said

“Nobody actually saw her on her bicycle, sadly.”
‘Nobody actually saw her on her bicycle’: Questions persist amid changing reports on the investigation into Suzanne Morphew’s Mother’s Day disappearance

Bottom line is we really don’t have any evidence that anyone saw her on the bike that day. Barry states the neighbor saw her car but not her bike. Her bike was then found on it by a bridge near her home.

It sounds like an assumption was made that she went on a bike ride.

Poor Kelsey.
Just looking at that poster of her, I'm becoming incensed with that moron PF all over again.

Seeing KB's photo does bring up a point related to the subject of SM's fitness level, which has been speculated about here.

SM does appear to be an extremely fit woman in her FB photos.

Here's the thing, though:

Every. Freaking. Time.

Especially if you're completely blindsided, figuratively speaking...
and perhaps even literally speaking, as we saw in KB's case.
KB never saw that deadly attack coming.
Figuratively OR literally.

I strongly suspect that it is.

JMO.

That’s true. Unless you have extensive combat training, it’s just reality.

There was a fabulous photo on SM of Suzanne and her daughters. SM’s back was to the camera and her arms we kind of “up around” her daughters who were facing the camera. SM was wearing basically a backless dress, she was in incredible shape! Lean and muscular, her back muscles and arms were on point, beyond toned and honed! Clearly she spent a lot of time at the gym, Pilates or yoga, possibly ALL from the looks of her! Based on the daughter’s appearance, it was a recent photo- within last year (?)

Based solely on that photo, she’s not skinny, weak or frail. She’s super fit and dedicated to her health and fitness- and looked strong to me! Unless a multitude of things have transpired since that photo- none of which would allow her to mountain bike that challenging area. JMO

I keep thinking of that photo and others I’ve seen posted of her whenever it’s mentioned that she’s frail - you can still be what people may view as a “petite or tiny” woman YET be super strong, athletic and fierce! IME...:oops:
Since you're referencing that photo ; it was taken more than a year ago.

The most recent photo that is known is the pic. of Suzanne taken a little over a year ago.
Much can change in a year with cancer treatments and we don't know that the bike ride even happened.

Some think that Suzanne was mountain biking but we also don't know if she owned a mountain-style bike.
Since LE have never described the bike, it may be safe to assume it was an ordinary 5 or 10 speed (if they still manufacture 5 speeds ?) and was built for leisure, and not grueling fitness treks.

My friend who is in remission has changed as far as her hair color and general strength.
She's improving daily which we're thankful for !

in our memories.

What leads you to believe it was tossed down a hill? I didn’t get that impression from what Barry said but then again, I’m very visual and have a hard time understanding how something looks by just hearing about it. So I could be off base.

in our memories.
BM may have needed to be cleared quickly, but it is apparent this has NOT happened. For if it had, this investigation would have immediately taken off in a different direction. It hasn’t and it’s been 7 weeks. MHO

Since you're referencing that photo ; it was taken more than a year ago.

The most recent photo that is known is the pic. of Suzanne taken a little over a year ago.
Much can change in a year with cancer treatments and we don't know that the bike ride even happened.

Some think that Suzanne was mountain biking but we also don't know if she owned a mountain-style bike.
Since LE have never described the bike, it may be safe to assume it was an ordinary 5 or 10 speed (if they still manufacture 5 speeds ?) and was built for leisure, and not grueling fitness treks.

My friend who is in remission has changed as far as her hair color and general strength.
She's improving daily which we're thankful for !

You’d fall, riding those trials with a road bike. The tires are too narrow and would cause you to skid and fall in softer soil and sand on trails. So if she was riding on dirt trails it had to be a mountain bike. IMO.

And she seems to be the type of person to know what equipment to use. And to have it.

It’s interesting that they haven’t described the bike. Again, one would think they’d post a photo of it or one like it and ask the public if anyone saw her riding that day and if so, could they remember any strange vehicles, or saw anyone near her or talking to her, etc.

The fact that they haven’t is significant. Combined with the sealed search warrant, it’s very telling. IMO.

Glad to hear your friend is in remission!!! Great!!!

I hesitate to judge someone’s entire life on several comments made in these few interviews. Do we know the transcriptions are verbatim, word for word? Do we know the reporter didn’t ask leading questions to elicit the answer they wanted? Do we know of more than one display of temper? 52 yrs old. Perhaps the other party had a more extensive history of temper? IMO, these few comments are more likely an indication people not realizing that simply trying to be agreeable, rather than argumentative can be twisted. These few comments that have been speculated across our nation may be why others close to the Morphews ARE publicity shy. JMHO
BBM
Alternate theory; those close to the Morphews may be “publicity shy” because they are scared of BM. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member