Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, there was some degree of surveillance. My speculation is our Bad Guy saw her leave for ride, set up while she was on the trail, ambushed her on her way back, a little tired, but actually relaxed, on the home stretch.
If there is a BG involved in this case, then in my opinion, he would be a murderer-for-hire.

LE is mum in this case. This tells me a stranger didn’t cause SM’s disappearance, someone known to her did.

IMO Douglas County was more involved than we knew at the time in the Stauch case. Also, Fremont County and Jefferson County ( which we never heard about) and even Pueblo County and Pueblo PD was thanked at the PC announcing her arrest. I still haven’t seen how, in any affidavits , that Pueblo was involved. As they say “ it will all come out at trial “.

But ITA with you that El Paso County has full jurisdiction over the crime and I remember them stressing that when MSM questioned them about how “ this all works” as we learned about the tangled web that LS wove
( Colorado, South Carolina, Florida).

I have never followed a case as closely as that one because, first of all Gannon’s sweet face, and second of all I live less than 10 miles from where he once lived.

Arrest Made in Gannon Stauch Case
On March 2, 2020, at approximately 8:04 AM, MST, El Paso County Sheriff's Office Detectives, FBI Agents, and members from the El Paso County 4th Judicial District Attorney's Office arrested Letecia Stauch (DOB 08/04/1983) in Horry County, South Carolina.
SEARCH PARTNERS:

Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue

Colorado Parks and Wildlife

Colorado Springs Fire Department

Colorado Springs Police Department

Douglas County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue

FBI (Evidence Response Team)

Fountain Police Department

El Paso County Public Works

Emergency Incident Support

Flight for Life (searching purposes only)

Fremont County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue

Jefferson County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue

National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC)

Pikes Peak Office of Emergency Management

Tri-Lakes Fire Department

U.S. Army (multiple units - volunteers)

U.S. National Guard 100th Missile Defense Brigade (volunteers)

Arrest Made in Gannon Stauch Case

The communities of Security and Widefield are in Pueblo county. Both are just south of the Stauch home, so part of the massive initial search was conducted in Pueblo county. Fremont county probably provided search dog teams. IMO

Not so. Police agencies & sheriff's offices do not always handle pieces of evidence meticulously. Sometimes officers may not even know that an item found in the field is a piece of evidence. In other circumstances, the evidence cannot be handled appropriately because of other pressing needs (i.e. debris on a roadway endangering drivers). I'm not saying that unintentional evidence destruction actually occurred in this case but it remains a possibility.
We never determined who started the mountain lion scenario or when, we have NO evidence that it came from BM, he wasn’t there yet. I certainly would allow the searchers to be more focused on finding her, than preserving evidence. IMO whoever found the bike actually thought they were about to find her.

Have we discussed missing cases with the following common threads?
  • Missing spouse/lover
  • Significant other was out of town
  • Significant other was found guilty of murder or murder for hire
  • Significant other was innocent/ stranger committed the crime

Not so. Police agencies & sheriff's offices do not always handle pieces of evidence meticulously. Sometimes officers may not even know that an item found in the field is a piece of evidence. In other circumstances, the evidence cannot be handled appropriately because of other pressing needs (i.e. debris on a roadway endangering drivers). I'm not saying that unintentional evidence destruction actually occurred in this case but it remains a possibility.

Clearly that doesn’t apply here since they were all looking for a missing woman who supposedly went on a bike ride.

• Missing spouse/lover
I get the sense that this scenario is pretty unusual. At least anecdotally, it seems that when the spouse is out of town, there is a body to be found.

The murder occurs prior to leaving, or the killer sneaks back, commits the crime, and then returns to the place he left from (Jason Young did this).

The purpose of hiring someone to do it, is to create an alibi. In the vast majority of cases like that, the killer leaves the body. They also don’t typically commit staging (bicycle). For those reasons I’m not a huge fan of a hired hit here.

The communities of Security and Widefield are in Pueblo county. Both are just south of the Stauch home, so part of the massive initial search was conducted in Pueblo county. Fremont county probably provided search dog teams. IMO
I have lived in Security for 21 years. It’s in El Paso County, North of the Stauch home in Fountain. There was no search in Pueblo, it’s 30 miles south of Fountain.

Attachments

• 276F3227-B2EC-4D59-8701-61AAE9642FDE.png
    276F3227-B2EC-4D59-8701-61AAE9642FDE.png
    469.6 KB · Views: 9
I have lived in Security for 21 years. It’s in El Paso County, North of the Stauch home in Fountain. There was no search in Pueblo, it’s 30 miles south of Fountain.
Thank you. You are correct. The distance from Ray Nixon Boulevard in Widefield to the Pueblo county line is eleven miles. The distance from Lorson Ranch to the Pueblo county line is seventeen miles. I was raised halfway between Palmer HS and Wasson HS. I get lost in your end of town. IMO

• Missing spouse/lover
Add Significant Other was innocent/friend of missing woman murdered her Heidi Broussard

Clearly that doesn’t apply here since they were all looking for a missing woman who supposedly went on a bike ride.

Or returned from a bike ride. She could have gone for a ride, and when she returned something happened. IMO.

FATMAP | Discover a world of adventure...

This map also gives a good indication of the exposure one experiences on the trails. The example above has an grade of extreme exposure.

• Missing spouse/lover
How about adding found deceased, but spouse or SO was out of town at time of murder? For instance in the Missy Bevers case.

bbm
Bumping this post.
Agreed.

It could have been anyone from the nephew of BM, TN --- to BM himself telling Suzanne's family to stay silent.

Tbh, I can't imagine LE telling her family they can't make a public plea for her safe return.
But if so, this is the first missing case I've heard of , where LE took such actions.

This is important -- imo -- as if it was someone outside of LE it would indicate someone's controlling the narrative and their control reaches even outside their own immediate family.
MOO

Jumping ahead quite a bit but what if the family suspects BM and so does LE. I would consider, in that case, that they would ask them to stay quiet until they get it all together.
I'd assume that would be the only case.
Otherwise, if it were BM or his lawyer asking them to stay silent, why in the world would you listen to them?
If my sister or mother were missing, I'd be screaming for help from anyone who might have any information.

Since this started as a person missing from a bike ride, wouldnt the bike be the most critical piece of evidence at that point? I realize its possible they didnt handle it appropriately, but is it likely? Also, is it possible they took prints, etc., before they moved it?

Well, we have only one account, that of Barry Morphew. Nothing has been issued by investigators denying Barry's account; of course, investigators are under no obligation to respond to Barry's accusation.

Jumping ahead quite a bit but what if the family suspects BM and so does LE. I would consider, in that case, that they would ask them to stay quiet until they get it all together.
I'd assume that would be the only case.
Otherwise, if it were BM or his lawyer asking them to stay silent, why in the world would you listen to them?
If my sister or mother were missing, I'd be screaming for help from anyone who might have any information.

BBM
I basically would agree unless family is being threatened.
I don't believe this is what is going on here, but my mind is still open a little bit.

It's possible, but it would take a monumental effort to remain quiet, IMHO. Her family would have to put up with seeing the volunteer searches, the Barry Morphew-produced video, and online speculation, all the while keeping mum. Additionally, it would mean that all family members would have to keep quiet, a tall order indeed.

bbm
Bumping this post.
Agreed.

It could have been anyone from the nephew of BM, TN --- to BM himself telling Suzanne's family to stay silent.

Tbh, I can't imagine LE telling her family they can't make a public plea for her safe return.
But if so, this is the first missing case I've heard of , where LE took such actions.

This is important -- imo -- as if it was someone outside of LE it would indicate someone's controlling the narrative and their control reaches even outside their own immediate family.
MOO
If I was family and the devastated husband begged family to stay quiet so as not to harm the investigation or hurt his kids more than they already have been, I would see this as a reasonable request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle