Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020 #2 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
These soldiers Unit (Brigade) are listed in the articles about them. I was reading about these soldiers and just happen to notice a lot are in the same Brigade or Unit (3rd Cavalry Regiment).
Units fall under Brigades. 3rd Cavalry Regiment used to be 3rd Armored Brigade (Same)
Though I am not in the military, I think the confusion maybe due to how the Army titles units. This creates units with similar numerical titles. Then factor in that as you stated , the numerical designators can get changed.

Going waaay back into military trivia....

US liaison officers with the British army in late WWII noticed that British "ordinary Tommy" conscript units had fewer desertions and creative malingering than US "ordinary Joe" conscript units. The Army then determined that for psychological and sociological reasons, the British Regimental System (BRS) created unusually tight bonds and duplicated some aspects of it.

So.....

US army units today can have confusing numbering systems. Battalions are usually placed in numbered Brigades of which most divisions have three (all numbered 1st, 2nd, 3rd), but battalions also have an honorific regimental historical association as well. Likewise, some battalions are call 'Squadrons' to maintain their historic Cavalry unit lineages (historic lineages are very important in the BRS).

The 3rd Brigade, 1st Cavalry division is a very separate unit from the 3 Armoured Cavalry Regiment. Likewise, as I'm Done mentioned, numerical designators can get changed when units are re-organized to reflect new missions.

Some changes are in part due to preserve historical lineages of famous units (3 "Brave Rifles" ACR). Thus, the units currently comprising the 3 ACR may have been in the 3rd Brigade of a Fort Hood division.

But... after re-organization, they have been assigned to the historic and now separate 3 ACR and took the regimental title and historical sub unit names (even more confusing is that the "Regiment" title of 3 ACR is actual, and not just honorific as with most regiments).

In short, units with similar numbers could have been can be totally separate in the past (two different divisions, each having a 3rd brigade). Likewise, they can still be totally separate today, even after the units belonging to a "3rd Brigade" were assigned the historical lineage colors of another unit such as 3rd ACR.

Last edited:
She was dead, I think just about everyone knew that. The question was if she would ever be found, and if her killer would be brought to justice. It looks like the former may have happened, which increases the likelihood of the latter.

It’ll be interesting to see how this develops in the coming hours and days.

VanessaGuillen: Remains found in shallow grave by Leon River [#BREAKING] Vanessa Guillen: Remains found in shallow grave by Leon River [BREAKING] via @crimeonlinenews

A body has been found in a shallow grave by the Leon River in Texas, in connection with the disappearance of missing Fort Hood soldier, Vanessa Guillen, a source has told CrimeOnline.

https://twitter.com/leighegan/status/1278055915904741376?s=21
a shallow grave? so a tip? or was there more searching today??

She was dead, I think just about everyone knew that. The question was if she would ever be found, and if her killer would be brought to justice. It looks like the former may have happened, which increases the likelihood of the latter.

My non-native english "hopes" it's just a poorly written and misleading post... There's still a chance it is right? The post doesn't say it's VG's body...

MOO JMO

ETA MOO JMOO

Just so everyone knows, the remains have not been identified yet. There is no confirmation it is her, although I’d bet the house on it.

I hope this came as the result of someone cooperating, as an arrest would probably follow in short order.

I am digging into this. I was born Brat ( Army) I have lots of friends and family ties. This is much more than we think. I was young and knew about the base. I will be reading and following this thread closely. I am heartbroken by how long this base has been negativity spoken of . I am relieved that the world is standing up about the??? Of the missing/deceased/AWOL. This is close to my heart, I will be getting information on this. I don't know what to say really. My Grandfather, Father, uncles, cousins, child, husband were or are Military. I hear people cutting the Military down in general. I can't help but say My family and friends fought for your rights to have freedom of speech. They put their lives on the and was willing to die for your rights and freedoms. Not all of Military are involved . Their are bad apples everywhere in life, but that don't mean that all of them are. I will get the information I I find to someone to share with ya'll. I respect the Men and Women In Uniform. Now days if you get into legal trouble the courts give you a chance to Join the service or do jail time. Some go in the service and thrive and make a good life for themselves. I got to stop writing to close to my heart. I want to rant about what I know but I know better

hi Carrie Ann, and welcome! please know that no one here is trying to be disrespectful to the military. i admire and respect the people who put their lives on the line for us, and i also have grandparents and cousins who were/are military. we are just trying to get to the bottom of what is happening at this ONE base, bc ya gotta admit, it's sketchy at best. :)

Assuming that the remains the Army has located are VG's, which at this point is an incredibly safe assumption, then I anticipate that we'll see an arrest made quickly on the heels of a positive identification.

I expect an arrest within days, quite possibly before this week is out.

I think CID has already gathered a sizable amount of circumstantial evidence in this case.
They just wanted/needed her body.

Now, it looks like they have it.

I've always been entirely confident that CID and the supporting LEAs knew what they were doing.
I've never doubted that they were working hard to find VG and to bring her killer to justice.

Today, it looks like one of those goals has been achieved.

Hats off to ALL the searchers who have been tirelessly working to find VG, including LE, Army personnel, and TES volunteers.

JMO.

Last edited:
Just so everyone knows, the remains have not been identified yet. There is no confirmation it is her, although I’d bet the house on it.

I hope this came as the result of someone cooperating, as an arrest would probably follow in short order.
Yes, it sounds like it is Vanessa if that's the area they had been searching. I don't know how many other bodies there could possibly be.

LITTLE RIVER-ACADEMY, Texas — The Bell County Sheriff's Department confirmed it was assisting the Army Criminal Investigation Division, FBI and Texas Rangers in a search for missing Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen.

The search was near Little River Academy at 436 Leon River Bridge. It's the same area authorities were searching on June 22.

Army CID issued the following statement:

Due to extensive investigative work conducted by Special Agents from the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command, agents have returned to an area of interest close to the Leon River, Bell County, Texas for more investigative work in the search for PFC Vanessa Guillen. After receiving additional information, agents have discovered what has been described as partial human remains after analysis from a forensic anthropologist. Army CID agents are currently on scene with the Texas Rangers, the FBI and Bell County Sheriff's Department. No confirmation as to the identity of the remains has been made at this point and we ask for the media and public's understanding that the identification process can take time.
Due to the ongoing criminal investigation, no further information will be released at this time.

Search continues for missing soldier Vanessa Guillen | kcentv.com

Texas EquuSearch continues search for Vanessa Guillen in Coryell County
Texas EquuSearch continues search for Vanessa Guillen in Coryell County
Director and Founder of Texas EquuSearch, Tim Miller, said they got a tip and had reason to be in the area.
----
and let's not forget it was a tip per Tim that led them to search - I really hope someone finally talked.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member