Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
If means and the beater lawyer share the same building AND suite thats not good. Too much opportunity for shenanigans. The prosecution needs to get someone dismissed here.
IANAL but I believe Chad and Lori can ask to be tried together and mount a joint defense. I don’t know if they have a right to be tried together or if they can only request it and the decision is up to the court.

I remember hearing of one case where two defendants were tried at the same time but they had separate council AND separate juries. If I recall correctly it was quite the fuster cluck.

I'm not convinced either CD or LVD would talk. I think it is other evidence that has led them to the second search warrant for the area. Perhaps more cell phone information or evidence gathered from the children.
In my opinion, neither CD nor LD will talk until after July 22. They believe themselves to be “chosen” and will leave this earth July 22. (If they did, they will have a huge reckoning!)
On the other hand, it will be something to see their reaction to still being in their cells come July 23.

It's interesting that BB, who was someone somewhat away from this case, was asked to identify JJ as opposed to those like the Woodcocks or perhaps even Annie. Being family, it would have also been interesting to see how MP would have reacted.
It would have also been interesting how MG would have reacted if she had been the one asked, but her not being family, maybe it wasn't an option.
Ohh I missed this.
Was it really BB that identified JJ ??
Where did you see this ?
Sorry, I am behind in posts as hubby had surgery today and I am trying to catch up :)

Law & Crime Network
@LawCrimeNetwork

44s

#LoriVallowDaybell - Judge asked Mark Means if he has ever represented any of the co-conspirators listed in the affidavit. Means says no. Prosecutor Rob Wood interjects that Means said he was representing Chad Daybell early on, before he was charged.

I didn't even know how to respond when I heard that...In my opinion, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the court would recommend MM step aside

Same. I went back and re-watched. She first scratches/rubs the top of her eyelid as if something is in her eye. Then at the side...and then dabbed with the tissue. It seemed more like the mask, makeup or hair got in her eye. If she was crying, she only cried out of one eye and only 3 tears. I did have to replay the last few seconds because I almost thought she winked at the camera. I can't really confirm nor deny that though. Regardless, she dressed in soft colors (a sweater on June 30 in Utah?), had softer hair style and mostly hid her face. JMo
Unfortunately, she is still his biological mother. May be 3 tears were for her son, his spouse, and their child. It seems their attendance at this hearing was noted by the Judge. MOO

I thought I saw Colbys head shake in disgust when Attorney said- She would like to be called Mrs. Daybell.
I noticed that too, it spoke volumes to her devotion to Chad. After all this, she still stands by his side. You could tell it made Colby sick. I am curious on the morning of July 23rd if she will still want to be called Mrs. Daybell

Honestly, I was dancing in my seat when the Judge questioned MM about his expertise in conspiracy cases, and then my hero Mr. Woods pipes up with catching him in his lie.
There is a possibility of MM getting out of this as IIRC CD had not been charged when he was representing both of them, however his Associate is now representing. Can they just bring in another "sage" Atty to co-counsel and then stay on the case? Of course, someone would have to do it Pro-Bono like CA case (there were multiple Atty's who signed onto Baez's inexperience IIRC)

Judge Eddins didn't ask him about his expertise (though I would have loved to have heard that question asked and answered!). And because I bet we're gonna parse this multiple times, I have done a word-for-word transcription of that exchange, from the livestream recording:

------
Judge Eddins: "The court is, uh, inclined to ask one question here today… Number one, because the charge that’s been listed here in the information [grabs sheaf of papers for reference], um, does pertain to conspiracy, uh, Mr. Means have you ever represented any of the alleged co-conspirators that are set forth in the criminal complaint?”

Means: "No your honor. Other than [pauses and gestures at LVD with right hand] Mrs. Daybell.” [you can see Rob Wood *advertiser censored* his head and frowns as he’s hearing this]

Judge Eddins: "OK. Alright. With that, uh…"

Rob Wood: "Your honor, I need to interject. At a bail reduction hearing here in Madison County, Mr. Means did represent to the court that he was also representing Mr. Vallow, now he..[catches himself] or, Mr. Daybell. He did represent there was no criminal matter at that time, but I... I do think that’s appropriate to note."

------

Then Eddins goes on to request both sides submit positions/questions in writing on the conflict (I didn't bother transcribing that part).

Means got caught on his lie by woods when he claimed not to have represented any other co conspirator!

Most bizarre response to a point blank question I think many anticipated coming.

I'd have to look back but didn't he inform the courts that he did consult both parties (CD & LV) of the potential conflict and make them aware of how that would impact them?

In my opinion, neither CD nor LD will talk until after July 22. They believe themselves to be “chosen” and will leave this earth July 22. (If they did, they will have a huge reckoning!)
On the other hand, it will be something to see their reaction to still being in their cells come July 23.
It would just be explained away, like every other vision that doesn't pan out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard