Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
back in the 70s and 80s, it wouldn't have been that unusual to go into someone's house if the door was unlocked. Back then we would walk right into people's houses and yell, "Is anyone home?" instead of knocking on the door. It was a different era. By 1992 that would have been uncommon in the suburbs here in Michigan but still normal in small towns.

it's not really the "going in" part that bothers me. If they simply went inside after seeing the broken glass and no one answering the door... then seeing that they weren't there but purses were, etc. and then at LEAST called Stacy's mom, then sure. It's all the hanging out in between, cleaning up, listening to messages, even possibly messing with Sherrill's bed....all without calling Ms McCall, the police or anyone that bothers me. It just doesn't make any sort of sense no matter how you slice it. And this all went down in this house that they claim to never have stepped foot inside before.

We're talking HOURS here and numerous (at least three, possibly four) visits to the home.

Totally unbelievable isn’t it? That is probably the reasons the cops kept asking her questions. It also suggests the reason why Asher said to her “there is still time.”

I have come to the belief she holds the keys to solving this case. While I don’t believe she was involved, I’d bet the farm she has a very good idea who might have committed this crime.

One question I would like an answer is why did she go to Appleby’s house? Why would he be expected to know? None of that makes any sense to me. She could have called the McCall’s house right at the git-go.

Totally unbelievable isn’t it? That is probably the reasons the cops kept asking her questions. It also suggests the reason why Asher said to her “there is still time.”

I have come to the belief she holds the keys to solving this case. While I don’t believe she was involved, I’d bet the farm she has a very good idea who might have committed this crime.

One question I would like an answer is why did she go to Appleby’s house? Why would he be expected to know? None of that makes any sense to me. She could have called the McCall’s house right at the git-go.
This is the first I am hearing that Asher said to Janelle "there is still time."
Also, I know they say there wasn't evidence of a struggle but did LE use Luminol in the house?

This is the first I am hearing that Asher said to Janelle "there is still time."
Also, I know they say there wasn't evidence of a struggle but did LE use Luminol in the house?
When did Asher address that comment to Janelle? I would need to see an MSM source in order to accept that.

I don’t recall exactly but it may have been from someone who was in the last memorial. Let me look into that.

Check Thread #8, post 781. Evidently it was a Facebook post.
That post says that the quote was, "There is still hope, Janelle." That's quite a bit different from, "There is still time."

The parents live(d) at the cemetery where his dad was sexton. Possible they’re there but I believe at least the mausoleums were searched already. According to the two books written on hall, the location of victims were marked by Larry on maps which were sent to his father and/or brother. He suggests that using these maps Larry created, his accomplices moved bodies and burned other evidence in barrels after his arrest. Larry carved little bird figures for each body to “watch” over them. (Soothing OCD tendencies maybe? I have the beginnings of a theory about potential locations but still flushing it out in my head and they may have been moved anyway). Has to do with eagles.

there are two books on LDH. If they are to be believed, Larry sometimes killed alone but he mostly had at least one accomplice who he says was his brother. The other’s identity is only hinted at and I believe died a few years ago. This friend was present with Larry and Gary in the 80’s when they first “picked up a woman and had their way with her” according to a wabash police investigator who talked to Gary (the twin who was never arrested told him this). I was kind of stunned when I read that this was admitted to by Gary to the police.

In his admission to the author of Urges, where larry says they took the SPF3 and buried them in the Mark Twain National Forest somewhere, Larry tells the author that both of these accomplices were with him. He also said he’s “tired of covering for Gary.” The author also says that according to family members, both brothers were at this particular reenactment. So at least to me, the twin is a very very likely co-conspirator. It also makes sense when looking at Larry’s psych profile.

Sorry if this is hard to read, haven’t had my coffee yet.
They need to find a way to get Larry to tell which part of that national forest he claims they are in. Take him there and refresh his memory. Make him realize negative results could cause him to be sent to a worse prison. Keep him uncomfortable until you get needed information out of him.

Glad to see more people talking about JK and her unusual actions. Seeing the Golden State killer finally getting his dues is quite satisfying.

Had JK called Janis first thing I probably wouldn’t be suspicious of her.

I do wonder if the police have certain phone records or other things they aren’t telling to the public. IMO whoever did this has no conscious.

That post says that the quote was, "There is still hope, Janelle." That's quite a bit different from, "There is still time."

Yes I would agree. I stand corrected. Thank you. My memory fails me at times.

I would still be interested why she sought out Appleby. Why? What special knowledge would he be expected to have had?

Who was the individual whose whereabouts had to “be cleared up?”

She could have called Janis McCall from the home. Instead she agonized all day long it seems. Why?

Last edited:
They need to find a way to get Larry to tell which part of that national forest he claims they are in. Take him there and refresh his memory. Make him realize negative results could cause him to be sent to a worse prison. Keep him uncomfortable until you get needed information out of him.

I think those bodies were probably moved long ago, but it’s worth a shot. I need to look back and refresh my memory, but I think there were two accounts of these maps Larry made- one account from Gary who blamed the dad for helping him cover his crimes and said he watched him burn evidence after Larry was arrested and one from the inmate who became friends with Larry in prison.

I think someone knew Larry would spill all the beans on himself and was really careful not to let that lead to evidence against him once he was caught. My opinion only as always.

One thing that I wish I had was the original lineup of America’s most wanted. Many people said this was Larry’s favorite show and that he watched it religiously. Just being able to review those episodes and see what they contain may give us clues as to some of the possibilities....I think he may have used it to learn tips on how to fool LE.

ERONS should be getting the death penalty , The Gov doesn’t care about victims or their families .
I applaud the detectives use of dna to solve the case . Wish they had dna in this case , likely could have been solved by now as well .

Huh? Our governor put a moratorium on the death penalty due to innocent people being freed from death row. What an awful accusation to make. And fyi, his surviving victims all agreed to letting him take a plea deal that saved taxpayers 20 million dollars.

Im against the death penalty due to innocent people likely being killed/have been killed by the State. Dont ever imply people like myself dont care about victims, or assume we havent been victims ourselves. Have a nice day.

Anyway. I feel Larry Hall is the best suspect over Cox or Garrison.
California needs to fix its system so that death penalty verdicts don't cost so much. They could raise the bar of evidence required for imposing the death penalty, and they could mandate that any appeals be filed within 30 days of the verdict. All appeals could go straight to the state supreme court, with the punishment carried out within seven days of the verdict being upheld by that court.

So Kathy Kirkby claims she was not happy about them going to a hotel that night and was going to try and convince them to spend the night at her house.

So if this is true then why was the house to full with her out of town family’s members for Suzie and Stacey to spend the night?

Another big contradiction IMO
I wonder if there's much chance that this case could end up being like a Wanda Holloway type case? Sometimes a parent will go to great lengths to guarantee success for their child.

I also want to know why Janelle was seen seen crying in her car as this is the same women who claims she didn’t think anything was off.

We'll have to ask Janelle that. You could ask her on her FB page.

In those first few hours of June 7, 1992, who of us would seriously think that two of our friends and one's mother would be abducted? Even if it crossed your mind, you'd dismiss it out of hand, thinking that it's just too crazy an idea. We're projecting our 20/20 hindsight onto 18 YO kids.

Why was Janelle crying? Here's a hypothesis:

When she first discovered Stacy and Suzie gone, she thought they were just playing a joke on her (ha ha!). So her and Mike sit and wait for them to return. When they don't, they go looking for a local pool (I remember reading that they asked a local if there were any public pools in the area), spend some time there and return to the house.

But they're still not back, so now Janelle thinks they really took off on her and it's no longer a joke - she feels abandoned - so she cries.

Think about when you were 18 (a very long time for me...). Your group of trusted friends cuts out on you, leaving you behind. Crushing blow!

Anyway, just a thought. Like I said earlier, only Janelle can answer that, and maybe the answer is in the unreleased police reports/interviews of those first few days...

We'll have to ask Janelle that. You could ask her on her FB page.

In those first few hours of June 7, 1992, who of us would seriously think that two of our friends and one's mother would be abducted? Even if it crossed your mind, you'd dismiss it out of hand, thinking that it's just too crazy an idea. We're projecting our 20/20 hindsight onto 18 YO kids.

Why was Janelle crying? Here's a hypothesis:

When she first discovered Stacy and Suzie gone, she thought they were just playing a joke on her (ha ha!). So her and Mike sit and wait for them to return. When they don't, they go looking for a local pool (I remember reading that they asked a local if there were any public pools in the area), spend some time there and return to the house.

But they're still not back, so now Janelle thinks they really took off on her and it's no longer a joke - she feels abandoned - so she cries.

Think about when you were 18 (a very long time for me...). Your group of trusted friends cuts out on you, leaving you behind. Crushing blow!

Anyway, just a thought. Like I said earlier, only Janelle can answer that, and maybe the answer is in the unreleased police reports/interviews of those first few days...

Sorry I was not Janelle at 18 years of age. Now this could be down to the fact I was 18 in the Mid 200o’s but I would never of been that obtuse. I had a brain that worked and could understand that a house that looked like everybody was home and yet was abandoned with everything left behind meant something was off.

Janelle IMO is a stone cold liar and it’s as clear as day. Oh she thought they had gone off and abandoned her even though all 3 cars with keys and all their money was out in the open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member