Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preliminary hearing remains as scheduled on 8/3 and 8/4.[/QUOTE

Is there any reason as to why Chad will appear before Lori in the August court hearing?

Lori was arrested first, I thought she would go first. I don’t think it is an attorney issue.

Reactions: Emi
DBM

Last edited:
Well at least Chad referred to the judge as Your Honor.......once.....smh! MOO

I know everyone should be polite and respect the Judge but with zooming, I liked the one word answers best because there was a lot of feed back coming in at my end. At least Chad showed manners at the end! Might be the only time.

IF Chad was smart, he would turn on Lori.

I also liked how when Means said they didn’t want the full charges read, just a summary the judge rattled off an awful lot of details. I’m not sure what a “summary” would actually entail but this didn’t sound like one to me.

Even better was the tone the Judge used when he asked Means that final question was priceless. It wasn’t “I think you’re an idiot” exactly. More like the way you’d address a little kid who thinks they want to go off the high dive but you know they’ll wind up tying up the line and climbing back down.

JMO
Ha! Yep...had that very thought as well....

I may be reading too much into this, but did anyone else notice Chad's blinking? He seemed to close his eyes quite a few times during some of the more gruesome parts of the charges.
I noticed (although my screen was pixelating and CD often appeared w/a pig snout or his mouth appeared so closed his mouth sucked in as to have no teeth - it was quite a sight!)
The eye blinking was his only way to distance himself from the horror of what was being said.
LVD kept her hands clasped in front of her as if to provide a shield or forcefield to protect herself.
JMO

Quite a contrast compared to LV's hearing. No masks, no children present, no looking at attorney's notes, and no attorney lying at Chad's hearing. It was pretty straight forward and non-eventful, I thought.

Lori probably wore the mask because she had no make up on. Even though her hair was curly, I know from my own hair.....someone’s roots were showing a lot of grey! She might get “make up” for actual trial. She could have probably taken her mask off too, but it is a good thing to hide behind.

I noticed (although my screen was pixelating and CD often appeared w/a pig snout or his mouth appeared so closed his mouth sucked in as to have no teeth - it was quite a sight!)
The eye blinking was his only way to distance himself from the horror of what was being said.
LVD kept her hands clasped in front of her as if to provide a shield or forcefield to protect herself.
JMO

need a body language expert on here....what you said makes sense.

Here's the thing. LE has established that a marriage took place in Hawaii but still issued documents in the name of Vallow or were the original documents issued before the marriage was confirmed?

Maybe someone already covered this, but name change is not automatic. At least, it's not automatic in the only state that I have been married in. I would imagine that since Lori has only been back in Idaho as a guest of the Rexburg authorities, she probably hasn't bothered filling out any state name change forms. And if she did, hilariously, I know we'd all be criticizing her for that, too :)

I know everyone should be polite and respect the Judge but with zooming, I liked the one word answers best because there was a lot of feed back coming in at my end. At least Chad showed manners at the end! Might be the only time.

IF Chad was smart, he would turn on Lori.
The prosecutor has to be giving this at least some thought.

JMO

need a body language expert on here....what you said makes sense.

Haha pig snout. Lol.

I always find suspects' non verbals the most fascinating. Often what's not said with words is said with body language (no expert, but did study non-verbals in undergraduate). For example, what I got from Chad is that he's coming to the realization of his actions and is scared. He's not in Lala Lori World anymore. He is hanging on to Prior with dear life and looking for direction.

IMO if they're looking for someone to break first, it'll be Chad.

<Respectfully snipped for focus>

Something just occurred to me. If Lori and Chad are not legally married, maybe Lori’s insistence on being called “Mrs. Daybell” has something to do with their not being required to give damaging testimony against each other. Is that a real thing or something I absorbed from old TV shows as a kid?
Only for the exact days they were married. And there is NO protection regarding children, so ...they were not married when Tammy was killed, or the kids..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarellano5280