Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
‘I’m All For Masks,’ Trump Says In Sudden Change Of Tune

I think this is a good development. Hopefully it will help convince more people to comply with the recommended safety measures.

I certainly hope it will make a difference! From the link (as I sit on my hands):

I’m all for masks,” Trump said during an interview with Fox Business on Wednesday, adding that he would wear one “in a tight situation with people.”

The president has yet to be seen in public wearing a mask and reportedly believes wearing one could harm his public image.

Trump, however, indicated Wednesday that he was pleased by his appearance with a mask: “I sort of liked the way I looked," he said.

‘I’m All For Masks,’ Trump Says In Sudden Change Of Tune

I am not going to get many points because of my pre-existing condition. So nice to know.

Imagine if the ACA was struck down right now, which some people are currently asking the Supreme Court to do - with no replacement. Would that mean anyone who has a pre-existing condition like diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, asthma, blood clotting disorder, cancer etc could hypothetically be denied health insurance during this global pandemic? And if they survived and recovered from Covid-19 would that become a 'pre-existing condition' that could deny them coverage in the future?

For those who were insisting that Houston hospitals were just fine and not at 100 % capacity. No, the hospitals are not fine. They are transferring patients to other cities.
"Harris Health Systems, the public health system which operates Ben Taub and LBJ hospitals is now transferring COVID-19 patients to other healthcare facilities in outlying areas like Kingwood and the Woodlands. According to Harris Health Systems officials, 49 percent of the patients in Ben Taub's ICU are COVID-19 positive. Combined ICUs at Ben Taub and LBJ Hospitals are now at 85 percent capacity."
Brink of capacity: Houston hospitals now transferring COVID-19 patients to other cities

Students in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 have been attending parties in the city and surrounding area as part of a disturbing contest to see who can catch the virus first, a city council member told ABC News on Wednesday.

Tuscaloosa City Councilor Sonya McKinstry said students have been organizing "COVID parties" as a game to intentionally infect each other with the contagion that has killed more than 127,000 people in the United States. She said she recently learned of the behavior and informed the city council of the parties occurring in the city.

She said the organizers of the parties are purposely inviting guests who have COVID-19. "They put money in a pot and they try to get COVID. Whoever gets COVID first gets the pot. It makes no sense," McKinstry said. "They're intentionally doing it."

Alabama students throwing 'COVID parties' to see who gets infected: Officials

And when those young people from covid parties show up the hospital, I presume they get a lot of points because they are young. They should start subtracting points for extreme stupidity.

For those who were insisting that Houston hospitals were just fine and not at 100 % capacity. No, the hospitals are not fine. They are transferring patients to other cities.
"Harris Health Systems, the public health system which operates Ben Taub and LBJ hospitals is now transferring COVID-19 patients to other healthcare facilities in outlying areas like Kingwood and the Woodlands. According to Harris Health Systems officials, 49 percent of the patients in Ben Taub's ICU are COVID-19 positive. Combined ICUs at Ben Taub and LBJ Hospitals are now at 85 percent capacity."
Brink of capacity: Houston hospitals now transferring COVID-19 patients to other cities

It really makes me wonder what the agenda is of those that continually deny and obfuscate the truth from the public.

I mean I get that officials don't want to cause widespread public panic, but there comes a time when people need to make informed choices and deserve to be properly prepared. That's the only way we're going to be able to fight this thing and get it under control all around the world. How can we trust our leaders if they are not being upfront and honest with us?

I watched alot of footage during the BLM protests and the 1 thing that stood out to me, and was very humbling to see was the mask wearing people. There were more people with than without masks. In all Countries too! X

A small group of maybe 50 BLM protestors just passed on the street below our apartment in our small town of 22,000. The vast majority were wearing masks, even though masks are only required indoors now in public in Oregon.

And many were young people.

Last edited:
And when those young people from covid parties show up the hospital, I presume they get a lot of points because they are young. They should start subtracting points for extreme stupidity.

...and have their medical insurance cancelled. See how funny they think it is when the family home gets sold to pay for treatment.

I am not going to get many points because of my pre-existing condition. So nice to know.
The idea of ascribing "points" to the worth of individuals is the first step to medical genocide. What's even more horrifying is the state has openly decided to do it and citizens don't even blink.

Why not transfer patients to states/hospitals that have laid off staff, including doctors and nurses, due to lack of patients and revenue? Use VA hospitals? Build field hospitals? Convert hotels?

No, let's just tell everyone our solution is to willfully deny care to some arbitrary group of people we've decided are worth less than others. No one will mind.

Pathetic.

Students in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 have been attending parties in the city and surrounding area as part of a disturbing contest to see who can catch the virus first, a city council member told ABC News on Wednesday.

Tuscaloosa City Councilor Sonya McKinstry said students have been organizing "COVID parties" as a game to intentionally infect each other with the contagion that has killed more than 127,000 people in the United States. She said she recently learned of the behavior and informed the city council of the parties occurring in the city.

She said the organizers of the parties are purposely inviting guests who have COVID-19. "They put money in a pot and they try to get COVID. Whoever gets COVID first gets the pot. It makes no sense," McKinstry said. "They're intentionally doing it."

SMH--

I saw that and it is so disheartening. Hospitalisations are also experiencing an upward trend. However the silver lining is that deaths, at least for now, are still on a downward trend.

Let's hope this means that hospitals are getting much better at treating patients and preventing the worst outcomes, due to having more data to work with.

Source: https://twitter.com/COVID19Tracking/status/1278472369045032960?s=20

I saw that and it is so disheartening. Hospitalisations are also experiencing an upward trend. However the silver lining is that deaths, at least for now, are still on a downward trend.

Let's hope this means that hospitals are getting much better at treating patients and preventing the worst outcomes, due to having more data to work with.
Deaths usually lag behind. So at some point I have little doubt they will start increasing.

She said the organizers of the parties are purposely inviting guests who have COVID-19.

"They put money in a pot and they try to get COVID. Whoever gets COVID first gets the pot. It makes no sense," McKinstry said. "They're intentionally doing it."

Tuscaloosa Fire Chief Randy Smith told the City Council on Tuesday that he has confirmed the students' careless behavior.
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members