WV WV - Mya Lynn Brown, 13, Morgantown, found dead at sleep over, 6 Nov 2016

not-starving actress

Reaction score
Mon and Preston County Information Page

Request WS members to each sign petition requesting Oxygen's "Cold Case" to investigate. Parents have been searching for answers daily re their only child. No cause of death listed. Strange.

This is a rather long post but there is a family who would greatly appreciate their story being shared to the greater Morgantown area.

In the early morning hours of November 6, 2016 13 year old Mya Brown’s life was cut short while spending the night at a friends house in Morgantown WV. There has not been much publicity on this story so chances are a large portion of our community has no idea the injustice that has happened.

Today her family is asking for help. They simply can no longer take not having answers to why their child never came home.

Upon receiving a phone call that her parents needed to come to the house where Mya was staying, they learned she had been found deceased. There was a witness that stated many people fled from the house after realizing what had happened. In the following weeks they waited for her autopsy results as they had to lay their only child to rest.

After receiving the results, they were told there was no apparent cause of death. Before anyone asks, THERE WERE NOT DRUGS IN THIS CHILDS BODY.

As of today the Granville police department has hit a stand still. It is not our intention to embarrass the department or offend any one who may work there. They just simply haven’t been able to investigate this further until someone comes forward to give them a lead. We just want to do everything in our power to help and make sure we exhaust every resource.

We truly believe someone out there knows what happened to her that night. We have recently decided to contact a TV show called “Cold Justice” on the Oxygen network. To give you some background, the show is hosted by a prosecutor named Kelly Siegler. She has traveled the country offering aid to families/law enforcement to try and get resolutions for cold cases.
It is our hope to get her story heard and bring in this outside resource.

Any parent who is reading this, our hope is that you put yourself in their shoes, and ask yourself “what would I do if that were my child?” That pain is one you would hope to never feel and is unimaginable but it is a sad reality for a local mother and father.

We are asking for this community’s help in submitting Myas story to Cold Justice because we feel there is power in numbers. We already have about 40 submissions to them but imagine if we had hundreds or hopefully even thousands?! We feel that with every submission, the chance of getting her case selected could be greater.

I believe in this city’s power to come together and rally for this sweet girl who is gone too soon. If each of us reading this takes just a few minutes to submit Mya's story, we could get answers.

I will post the link below to the page for submissions.
https://www.oxygen.com/tips
It will ask for
1. Your email address
2. Your name
3. Victims name (Mya Brown)
4. Date of incident (11/06/2016)
5. Local law enforcement (Granville Police Department Morgantown WV)
6. Additional info (please copy and paste the summary written below into this section. This section is small so when you copy and paste please be sure to only do it once. You won’t be able to see the whole summary but as long as you copy and paste, it does all fit)
Summary:
On November 5th 2016 Mya Lynn Brown started her day with plans to go to a sleep over at a friends house, by the early morning hours of November 6th, her life was tragically cut short at just 13 years old. It has been a little over 2 years since her parents received the phone call that was the epicenter of what one would call the emotional earth quake that destroyed their life as they knew it. The days of not knowing what happened that night, following this catastrophic event, are sadly still a part of everyday life because 2 years later, they still have no answers as to what happened to their only child. Mya's cause of death is still unknown and the events that occurred that night have many family members/friends suspecting foul play. Local law enforcement have made no headway in the case and as more time passes, the desperation for answers has only grown. We know there were multiple people at that house that night, we know people fled from the house, and we know SOMEONE out there knows something. We are turning to you, Cold Justice, in hopes that you will hear the desperate pleas of our small army and join the fight we refuse to surrender in getting justice for MYA LYNN BROWN
7. You will check a few boxes that say you consent to their submission policy
I ask if you feel the need to comment on this, please be courteous to a mother and father who have lost their child. Regardless of differing opinions, I think everyone can agree that no parent should have to lay their baby to rest, but more so shouldn’t have to live in the agony of not even knowing what happened to cause this loss.
-We will not be posting the family’s name that she was staying with
-there was no drug use and her toxicology results prove that
Cold Justice Tip Line
Cold Justice Tip Line Do you have a case that you want the people at Cold Justice to consider? Use the Cold Justice Tip Line below to submit information to the production company for review.
oxygen.com
I’m sure those who read this will want more answers but this is all we have, hence our request to the public. If you took the time to read this and thought to yourself “that sounds suspicious” imagine how her family must feel. We are asking those of you who feel foul play was involved to simply make a submission for us
-This will only take a couple minutes of your time and you will not receive any junk mail upon submitting Myas story from your email address.
-we truly appreciate anyone that took the time to read Myas story and submitted it to Cold Justice.

According to the link, no cause of death has been determined. No drugs involved. No signs of violence or homicide. It is not normal for a 13 year old to drop dead but it is possible. Perhaps an aberrant or abnormal heart rhythm such as a fatal arrhythmia or long QT syndrome? There would have been no physical signs, not even to the heart. Had it been murder there should have been more evidence suggesting such. My guess and opinion only. I hope the family gets answers they can live with and I'm sorry for their terrible, terrible loss.

a rather long post but there is a family who would greatly appreciate their story being shared to the greater Morgantown area.

In the early morning hours of November 6, 2016 13 year old Mya Brown’s life was cut short while spending the night at a friends house in Morgantown WV. There has not been much publicity on this story so chances are a large portion of our community has no idea the injustice that has happened.

Today her family is asking for help. They simply can no longer take not having answers to why their child never came home. Upon receiving a phone call that her parents needed to come to the house where Mya was staying, they learned she had been found deceased.

There was a witness that stated many people fled from the house after realizing what had happened. In the following weeks they waited for her autopsy results as they had to lay their only child to rest.

After receiving the results, they were told there was no apparent cause of death. Before anyone asks, THERE WERE NOT DRUGS IN THIS CHILDS BODY. As of today the Granville police department has hit a stand still. It is not our intention to embarrass the department or offend any one who may work there. They just simply haven’t been able to investigate this further until someone comes forward to give them a lead.

We just want to do everything in our power to help and make sure we exhaust every resource. We truly believe someone out there knows what happened to her that night.

We have recently decided to contact a tv show called “Cold Justice” on the Oxygen network. To give you some background, the show is hosted by a prosecutor named Kelly Siegler. She has traveled the country offering aid to families/law enforcement to try and get resolutions for cold cases.

It is our hope to get her story heard and bring in this outside resource. Any parent who is reading this, our hope is that you put yourself in their shoes, and ask yourself “what would I do if that were my child?” That pain is one you would hope to never feel and is unimaginable but it is a sad reality for a local mother and father.

We are asking for this community’s help in submitting Myas story to Cold Justice because we feel there is power in numbers. We already have about 40 submissions to them but imagine if we had hundreds or hopefully even thousands?! We feel that with every submission, the chance of getting her case selected could be greater. I believe in this city’s power to come together and rally for this sweet girl who is gone too soon.

If each of us reading this takes just a few minutes to submit Myas story, we could get answers.
I will post the link below to the page for submissions.
https://www.oxygen.com/tips
It will ask for
1. Your email address
2. Your name
3. Victims name (Mya Brown)
4. Date of incident (11/06/2016)
5. Local law enforcement (Granville Police Department Morgantown WV)
6. Additional info (please copy and paste the summary written below into this section. This section is small so when you copy and paste please be sure to only do it once. You won’t be able to see the whole summary but as long as you copy and paste, it does all fit)
Summary:
On November 5th 2016 Mya Lynn Brown started her day with plans to go to a sleep over at a friends house, by the early morning hours of November 6th, her life was tragically cut short at just 13 years old. It has been a little over 2 years since her parents received the phone call that was the epicenter of what one would call the emotional earth quake that destroyed their life as they knew it. The days of not knowing what happened that night, following this catastrophic event, are sadly still a part of everyday life because 2 years later, they still have no answers as to what happened to their only child. Myas cause of death is still unknown and the events that occurred that night have many family members/friends suspecting foul play. Local law enforcement have made no headway in the case and as more time passes, the desperation for answers has only grown. We know there were multiple people at that house that night, we know people fled from the house, and we know SOMEONE out there knows something. We are turning to you, Cold Justice, in hopes that you will hear the desperate pleas of our small army and join the fight we refuse to surrender in getting justice for MYA LYNN BROWN
7. You will check a few boxes that say you consent to their submission policy
I ask if you feel the need to comment on this, please be courteous to a mother and father who have lost their child. Regardless of differing opinions, I think everyone can agree that no parent should have to lay their baby to rest, but more so shouldn’t have to live in the agony of not even knowing what happened to cause this loss.
-We will not be posting the family’s name that she was staying with
-there was no drug use and her toxicology results prove that
Cold Justice Tip Line
Cold Justice Tip Line Do you have a case that you want the people at Cold Justice to consider? Use the Cold Justice Tip Line below to submit information to the production company for review.
oxygen.com
I’m sure those who read this will want more answers but this is all we have, hence our request to the public. If you took the time to read this and thought to yourself “that sounds suspicious” imagine how her family must feel. We are asking those of you who feel foul play was involved to simply make a submission for us
-This will only take a couple minutes of your time and you will not receive any junk mail upon submitting Myas story from your email address.
-we truly appreciate anyone that took the time to read Myas story and submitted it to Cold Justice.

how many is ‘many’ fleeing people? Sounds to me like poor young Mya might have shown up fully expecting to have a sleepover, and instead got rolled up into some wild party.

Thanks to the previous posters for their assistance in managing my posts for maximum clarity on this thread.

According to the link, no cause of death has been determined. No drugs involved. No signs of violence or homicide. It is not normal for a 13 year old to drop dead but it is possible. Perhaps an aberrant or abnormal heart rhythm such as a fatal arrhythmia or long QT syndrome? There would have been no physical signs, not even to the heart. Had it been murder there should have been more evidence suggesting such. My guess and opinion only. I hope the family gets answers they can live with and I'm sorry for their terrible, terrible loss.

My first thought was some kind of cardiac event that wouldn't present on autopsy (as stated above). I remember my friends at slumber parties playing that awful game where you tried to lose consciousness by hyperventilating then holding your breath (second technique described in Wikipedia article which would leave no marks on the neck). It never crossed our minds to use a rope or belt like has been publicized more recently. An anxious child by nature, I never tried it and it made me very nervous to watch my friends try to do it. We were about Mya's age at the time.

Choking game - Wikipedia

Is everything about this facebook driven. Are there MSM links?
I can't find any articles online except obits for various persons with last name of Brown. What am I doing wrong? This is not a very old case at all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back