Found Deceased WI - Kathleen Ryan, adult, teacher, car found burned with body inside, St. Francis, 2 Feb 2019 #2

But she was sitting in the passenger seat, like she was killed beforehand and then driven there!!
That did contribute to my old perspective, somewhat leaning toward foul play but then some more background came to light that established some patterns of behavior. No one deserves to die in a fire but I can easily see a situation where she would have parked and climbed into the passenger seat to sleep. The passenger seat is more comfortable than the driver's.

If LE would have come out and said we checked the type of accelerant, we would know what went on. They have not said anything to the public about it. This woman is going to her grandkids activity which she did many times. If she had a problem, I can't see it happening at this time, on her way to see grandkids. :(

That did contribute to my old perspective, somewhat leaning toward foul play but then some more background came to light that established some patterns of behavior. No one deserves to die in a fire but I can easily see a situation where she would have parked and climbed into the passenger seat to sleep. The passenger seat is more comfortable than the driver's.
Then how does the car start on fire?

Then how does the car start on fire?
See my previous post
It's safe to say that there was gasoline in the tank of the car. Cars can and do spontaneously catch fire, I've had more than one friend pull off the road and watch their car burn down. Fuel injectors can leak, foreign bodies can become lodged against the engine block, electrical systems can short out. There are reasons it's advisable to keep a fire extinguisher. A spontaneous car fire takes a while to really get going and under normal circumstances the occupants have ample opportunity to stop and get out but a person who is very intoxicated, less so.

Also, and why would she go in someone's private driveway? How would they get out?
Because that's where she decided it would be best to stop and take a nap. This was a rural private drive, not someone's city driveway. I haven't looked myself but people have posted that it could easily be mistaken for a back road especially at night.

Also, and why would she go in someone's private driveway? How would they get out?[/QU
See my previous post

Because that's where she decided it would be best to stop and take a nap. This was a rural private drive, not someone's city driveway. I haven't looked myself but people have posted that it could easily be mistaken for a back road especially at night.
It also could easily be mistaken for a road into the forest preserve that ran behind those houses. The driveway left the highway right at a stop light and looked like thru road because the house was way back a winding driveway.

Any word on this?

This case breaks my heart. Based on the marked lack of progress, further updates from LE, or further pleas from the family, I feel like whatever answers the family needed they got, even if they weren't the ones they wanted.

I suggest reading back a few pages to some possibly relevant information one of our sleuths discovered in court records. But I also realize that some are in the foul play camp regardless. I wish there were definitive answers either way.

This case pops into my mind from time to time.

For some reason, I'm apparently not finding the records mentioned a few pages back, mainly just probate stuff. But I guess it sheds a little new light on things. If looking at the accidental theory, sounds like a "perfect storm" needed to come together. :(

Agree with recent comments- in light of the court records mentioned above, the totality of the evidence here indicates that she was the unfortunate victim of an accidental fire.

Simplest scenario: She stopped to rest, got in the passenger seat, lit a cigarette, and fell asleep with it in her hand or set it on the dash.

Started new thread for this woman (after spotting her name on this thread) who was found deceased in her burned out car..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back