Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020 #2 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Concrete-covered remains thought to be those of missing soldier | Daily Mail Online

July 2, 2020
30315462-8483483-image-a-6_1593698397489.jpg

The first image of the site where evidence was found was released on Wednesday. Remains were found nearby on Tuesday and Wednesday but it has not been confirms as Guillen

TM reported on NG podcast that investigators/searchers previously received information from an eye witness that saw the suspect struggling to load the pelican plastic crate into his vehicle around 8:30 pm near the time VG disappeared in April. Reportedly, the same area had been searched on June 22 but was well concealed by rocks and firm ground (i.e., concrete base beneath the soil). Locating the lid of the pelican crate confirmed they were in the right area when they located the grave.

SBM & BBM

That "8:30 PM" has been bothering me since it was first mentioned... Wasn't VG reported missing around lunch time?
I have the slight feeling that we will soon learn there's video footage of VG still at the base.

MOO JMO

Weapons on base is pretty normal. Most soldiers own a weapon if they had housing...at least when I was in. Others had to store them in the arms room separate from military issued. Believe this guy was in the arms room. He could have fled with an arsenal.

My experience may have differed back in 99 but bases are not locked down. I was an MP and we had thousands in and out of base daily. 12 gates, 15 MPs on shift...just no way to check everything unless we were ok with massive lines. No officer is waiting long to come back to work from lunch.
He lived in the barracks. They can't keep them in there. But if he had access to the Arms Room, maybe it was there and he went and retrieved it. They would know though whenever someone opened it and locked it again. He was doing a lot to be an E4, even had soldiers.

SBM & BBM

That "8:30 PM" has been bothering me since it was first mentioned... Wasn't VG reported missing around lunch time?
I have the slight feeling that we will soon learn there's video footage of VG still at the base.

MOO JMO

It's believed VG's body was concealed inside the tote for hours before the tote moved around 8:30 pm.

SBM & BBM

MOO JMO
I could be wrong but I thought they accounted for her all that day and reported her missing the 23rd. And said she was last seen at lunch time the day prior.

There are a lot of rumors flying around on SM in regards to the suspects (both the one alive and the one deceased).

WS does not allow the discussion of rumors or social media speculation. Although these rumors at times prove themselves to be accurate, until it’s reported by a reputable source it cannot be brought here for discussion!
Why hasnt this been moved to the lacated missing persons and an arrest label on the title?

Weapons on base is pretty normal. Most soldiers own a weapon if they had housing...at least when I was in. Others had to store them in the arms room separate from military issued. Believe this guy was in the arms room. He could have fled with an arsenal.

My experience may have differed back in 99 but bases are not locked down. I was an MP and we had thousands in and out of base daily. 12 gates, 15 MPs on shift...just no way to check everything unless we were ok with massive lines. No officer is waiting long to come back to work from lunch.

Welcome, @Joeltider .

Why hasnt this been moved to the lacated missing persons and an arrest label on the title?

Websleuths doesn’t move a thread or change the thread to ‘found deceased’ until the ME has positively identified the remains out of an abundance of caution. I can however add arrests to the title.

I have not been able to follow every post on Vanessa’s thread today, so when a positive ID is made (if it hasn’t been already) please alert.

Concrete-covered remains thought to be those of missing soldier | Daily Mail Online

July 2, 2020

30273440-8483483-According_to_a_statement_from_the_Killeen_Police_Department_auth-a-11_1593699129440.jpg

According to a statement from the Killeen Police Department, authorities located the suspect in the 4700 block of East Rancier Avenue (area pictured) around 1.29am Wednesday morning

The family added that they believe the suspect to be the person who sexually harassed Guillen before she vanished.

The suspect in question died Wednesday from a self-inflicted gunshot after police attempted to bring him in.

He is being described as a ‘junior soldier who fled his post’ but he has not yet been identified.

Police found him walking six miles from Fort Hood but when they approached he pulled out a gun and shot himself, they report.

A second suspect is in custody, believed to be a civilian and the estranged wife of a former Fort Hood soldier. She has also not yet been identified.

It is not known if there is a connection between the two suspects and the Army has said it will hold back on releasing information as Guillen’s family call for the whole base to be closed down and investigated.

The Army has defended its decision not to release information saying that ‘doing so can seriously jeopardize the charging and successful prosecution of individuals’.

[..]

30278370-8479675-image-a-30_1593623825638.jpg

OMG that is truly horrific. :(:( There must have been forensic evidence all over that arms room, what the heck kind of investigation was this? Moo.
Supposedly they had all this evidence but he was roaming free and able to go on and commit suicide. It's all mind boggling. Now it was an argument about him dating an ex soldier ex wife. Nothing makes sense.

I could be wrong but I thought they accounted for her all that day and reported her missing the 23rd. And said she was last seen at lunch time the day prior.
It's been reported that the Army lied about VG's presence on base on April 23.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...fc4e9e-b659-11ea-a8da-693df3d7674a_story.html

Khawam said the Army initially said Guillén had reported for a 3 p.m. check-in with her supervisor, but, when pressed, admitted the report was erroneous. The Army did not say why the report was wrong.

It's been reported that the Army lied about VG's presence on base on April 23.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...fc4e9e-b659-11ea-a8da-693df3d7674a_story.html

Khawam said the Army initially said Guillén had reported for a 3 p.m. check-in with her supervisor, but, when pressed, admitted the report was erroneous. The Army did not say why the report was wrong.

I'm wondering if the supervisor was AR? So it was technically erroneous by default. They probably didn't tell the family or let that detail come out because of the investigation. I'm sorry, but if it means they have to lie to a family in order to catch a killer or who killed their family member, I'm okay with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam