UK - Glasgow. 'Serious' incident declared in Glasgow City Centre, 26th June 2020

Glasgow attack: 17-year-old among six men injured as police confirm incident not terror-related - live
''17-year-old among injured in hospital, police confirm

Police Scotland have posted a series of tweets detailing their response to the attack in Glasgow today. Assistant Chief Constable Steve Johnson said:

Police responded to a report of an incident at the Park Inn Hotel in West George Street, Glasgow, at 12.50pm today.

Officers were on the scene within two minutes, and armed officers shortly afterwards, and the incident was quickly contained.

A man was shot by armed police and has died. Six other men are in hospital for treatment, including a 42-year-old police officer, who is in a critical but stable condition. The officer’s family is aware.

The other men in hospital are aged 17, 18, 20, 38 and 53. Liaison officers have been appointed. Our thoughts are with the families of those who were injured, including our officer.

The incident is not being treated as a terrorism and our investigation is continuing into the circumstances. There is no wider risk to the public, however the street remains closed and people should avoid the area''.

lockdown and asylum seekers moved here due to the virus....tensions running high

the hotel wasn't open to the public,used by the mears group to house the asylum seekers. sounds like a fight which got out of hand

not thought to be terrorism at all

DM, but the pics are great.
Asylum seekers at Glasgow hotel where knifeman' killed two' demonstrated over 'poor conditions' | Daily Mail Online
''One Kurdish community spokesman said the hotel residents had protested about conditions inside, with some developing 'mental health' problems during the stay.

Footage from the scene minutes after the attack showed armed officers storming along West George Street and witnesses described 'bloodied' people being taken from the Park Inn hotel on stretchers.

The delivery driver, who asked to be named anonymous, said: 'The hotel is housing refugees during the coronavirus. I went into the hotel and a guy had stabbed the receptionist and maintenance guy.

'He then ran back up to a room. I was trying to stem the blood of the maintenance guy when the armed police rushed in and went up to his room and shot the guy. It was absolute carnage.

'I was on the floor trying to hold the guy, the maintenance guy - a big puncture wound. It was absolutely horrific'.

You'd think this witness should be talking to police before the DM. (See quote below)

Speculation of this atrocity is rife in the media.

Already it was stated on many news outlets that 3 had died but as we know now, not the case. Only the attacker is confirmed deceased.

What an absolute joke the media have been today over this one.

EDIT maybe I am being OTT but I really don't think this witness statement should have been printed in media . What is everyone else's thoughts ?

He then ran back up to a room. I was trying to stem the blood of the maintenance guy when the armed police rushed in and went up to his room and shot the guy. It was absolute carnage.

'I was on the floor trying to hold the guy, the maintenance guy - a big puncture wound. It was absolutely horrific'.

Last edited:
You'd think this witness should be talking to police before the DM. (See quote below)

Speculation of this atrocity is rife in the media.

Already it was stated on many news outlets that 3 had died but as we know now, not the case. Only the attacker is confirmed deceased.

What an absolute joke the media have been today over this one.
It would be wonderful if the only person who died is the shooter, certainly hoping everyone else makes a full recovery.
Now i feel bad that i even posted.

Last edited:
Glasgow stabbings knifeman named by police as Badreddin Abadlla Adam
''Respected human rights campaigner Mohammad Asif, had earlier identified Badreddin, in a Facebook post on Saturday.

Mr Asif, the chairman of the Afghan Human Rights Foundation, in Glasgow, claimed he spoke to a friend of the knifeman just hours after Friday’s attack.

He wrote: “An asylum seeker (Badradeen) who launched a knife attack in a Glasgow Hotel was from Sudan.

“Fellow residents had reported concerns about his mental state in the days leading up to the incident, during which he was shot dead.

“The night before, on Thursday, the deceased friend had phoned reception at the Park Inn Hotel to tell staff of his concerns for the man.''

“He had been complaining about living conditions in the hotel and was having particular difficulty with noise.”

Mr Asif also claimed Badreddin spoke to a Glasgow-based immigration solicitor shortly before he launched the attack.''

Glasgow stabbings: Police officer says scene he found 'is something I will never forget'

A policeman left in critical condition after responding to a multiple stabbing attack at a Glasgow hotel has spoken of the scene he was first confronted with, saying it "is something I will never forget".

Constable David Whyte was among the first officers sent to the city's Park Inn hotel after a man launched a knife attack, injuring six people before being shot dead by armed police.

He is now in a stable condition as he recovers from being stabbed, and spoke publicly of the "extremely challenging" experience for the first time.

"The scene we were confronted with is something I will never forget," the 42-year-old said.

"As the first responders on scene, myself and my colleague did what all police officers are trained for to save lives.

"I would like to thank my colleagues who put themselves in harm's way to contain this incident and assist with the vital treatment given to myself and others at the scene by other emergency services.

"Despite suffering serious injuries myself, I know that the swift actions of colleagues saved lives and prevented a far more serious incident.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard
Back