Found Deceased CA - Audrey Moran, 26, & Jonathan Reynoso, 28, Riverside County, 10 May 2017 #2 *4 arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have an idea of where the remains were located? Any locals here?
Hi everyone. This is my first post... so forgive me if I don’t do this right, or if what I say isn’t allowed.
I’m a local and have followed this case since the start. I have also read every single websleuths post about this case (and many others). Audrey was also a mutual friend of many people I have known through the years, although I never met her.

No one has revealed where the remains were located. The only thing stated was by Sheriff Bianco, when he said they were located “here in the valley”.
“The valley” refers to the greater Coachella Valley. We do have a city called Coachella, where Audrey was from, but the Coachella Valley includes 12, or so, other cities.
It’s just our general area, like “the Bay Area” or “the San Fernando Valley”

The remains could really have been found anywhere. Although, there were two separate police digs recently, both were vacant houses, one in Coachella and one in the neighboring town of Indio...

It seems like everyone here thinks the special allegation is because Audrey witnessed Jonathon being killed but if you know California law that special allegation says:
CALCRIM No. 725. Special Circumstances: Murder of Witness, Pen. Code, § 190.2(a)(10)

this to me would mean the allegation had nothing to do with Jonathon’s murder and maybe she was a witness in some other case and that was their motive :([/QUOTE

On the news it said, "the witness to be Audrey witnessing Jonathan Reynoso death"

It seems like everyone here thinks the special allegation is because Audrey witnessed Jonathon being killed but if you know California law that special allegation says:
CALCRIM No. 725. Special Circumstances: Murder of Witness, Pen. Code, § 190.2(a)(10)

this to me would mean the allegation had nothing to do with Jonathon’s murder and maybe she was a witness in some other case and that was their motive :(
If they killed Audrey over witnessing another murder, then wouldn’t there also be charges now against them for murdering Jonathan as a witness to Audrey’s murder?

This is all tangled up. We need to find out why Jonathon was the intended target. It could very well be drugs, even though his friends and family weren’t implying that back when they disappeared.

I hope someone talks so we can hear the chain of events, how this all went down and why. IMO

So at the beginning they thought it was drug related because of Brawley and because John was about to be evicted for not paying the rent. Rios wife has a lot of stuff from 2017 on fb but seems like they are no longer together. Also theres a post on Rios fb that calls hi . Rapist. Does anyone knows if he has been accused of rape before?
Do you have link to Rios fb?

In this week's podcast: Three people have been arrested in connection with the disappearance of a Coachella Valley, California couple who vanished more than three years ago (1:25). Our guest Luis Bolaños shares the tip he received that helped authorities make the arrests. Also, 19-year-old Chrystul Kizer, who was charged in the 2018 killing of a man prosecutors say sexually abused her, was released from jail on bond (21:40). In addition, we give an update on Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen (46:36).

I don’t believe this has been posted yet:
Published 10:09 a.m. PDT Jul. 2, 2020|
Updated 3:50 p.m. PDT Jul. 2, 2020
“[SBM]

[Sheriff Chad] Bianco said during Tuesday's new conference that investigators served more than 50 search warrants throughout the investigation. He also confirmed that multiple digs for evidence occurred on properties in the Coachella Valley.

Among them was an August 2018 search of a backyard on Burr Street in Indio. During Tuesday's news conference, an investigator said this was the home of Ruiz and Fregoso.

[SBM]” (BBM)
2 men plead not guilty in alleged killings of Coachella Valley couple

From the article linked in the article above:
Published 1:09 p.m. PDT Aug. 14, 2018|
Updated 4:50 p.m. PDT Aug. 14, 2018
“Riverside County Sheriff's Department deputies on Tuesday dug up the backyard of a Burr Street home in Indio, but appeared to leave empty-handed after filling back the dirt.

Officials declined to say what they were looking for or with which case the search was connected.

A sheriff's spokesman confirmed only that a search warrant had been served.

Still, a drug- and cadaver-sniffing dog was on scene to assist authorities.

The small home appeared to be unoccupied. Several neighbors said the home was being renovated and has been vacant for months.

But in previous years, it often was the site of police activity, neighbors said.

[SBM]

[EG] said he has lived next door since December and only recently did he see a caretaker come and go.

Authorities had used a backhoe to dig in the backyard. Burr Street was blocked during the search and all traffic had been diverted onto Avenue 43.

[RS] has lived on Avenue 43 on and off for 40 years and she said the home has been empty ‘for like a month or two.’

She said there's been a lot of police activity at the home in previous years, but never as much as there was on Tuesday.

[SBM]”
888601D3-CFB1-466F-82A5-85C1B08A506A.jpeg D41961A6-FE9B-483E-8024-FB7E77A396FA.jpeg A0B70193-C8DE-4643-9A6A-F42813A41DBF.jpeg BF87969A-A6B9-41CA-8C1E-1EF1F45BBC87.jpeg

I don’t believe this has been posted yet:
Published 10:09 a.m. PDT Jul. 2, 2020|
Updated 3:50 p.m. PDT Jul. 2, 2020
“[SBM]

[Sheriff Chad] Bianco said during Tuesday's new conference that investigators served more than 50 search warrants throughout the investigation. He also confirmed that multiple digs for evidence occurred on properties in the Coachella Valley.

Among them was an August 2018 search of a backyard on Burr Street in Indio. During Tuesday's news conference, an investigator said this was the home of Ruiz and Fregoso.

[SBM]” (BBM)
2 men plead not guilty in alleged killings of Coachella Valley couple

From the article linked in the article above:
Published 1:09 p.m. PDT Aug. 14, 2018|
Updated 4:50 p.m. PDT Aug. 14, 2018
“Riverside County Sheriff's Department deputies on Tuesday dug up the backyard of a Burr Street home in Indio, but appeared to leave empty-handed after filling back the dirt.

Officials declined to say what they were looking for or with which case the search was connected.

A sheriff's spokesman confirmed only that a search warrant had been served.

Still, a drug- and cadaver-sniffing dog was on scene to assist authorities.

The small home appeared to be unoccupied. Several neighbors said the home was being renovated and has been vacant for months.

But in previous years, it often was the site of police activity, neighbors said.

[SBM]

[EG] said he has lived next door since December and only recently did he see a caretaker come and go.

Authorities had used a backhoe to dig in the backyard. Burr Street was blocked during the search and all traffic had been diverted onto Avenue 43.

[RS] has lived on Avenue 43 on and off for 40 years and she said the home has been empty ‘for like a month or two.’

She said there's been a lot of police activity at the home in previous years, but never as much as there was on Tuesday.

[SBM]”
View attachment 254298 View attachment 254299 View attachment 254300 View attachment 254301
That dig was back in 2018 and they “appeared to leave empty-handed after filling back the dirt.”

I don’t think this is where their remains were ultimately located unless they went back very recently. Moo

I saw a notice on FB today that they found Jonathan and Audrey, and now all I want to do is cry.
I think we all knew they were both deceased long ago, but it still hurts to read how it went down, especially that Audrey witnessed them kill Jonathan.
I'm so sorry for their families, and wish them nothing but love and comfort.

That dig was back in 2018 and they “appeared to leave empty-handed after filling back the dirt.”

I don’t think this is where their remains were ultimately located unless they went back very recently. Moo
I agree completely. I just found it interesting that Sheriff Bianco was willing to share as much as he did about the dig.

I had wondered if he had said anything about the search in Coachella this past February as well, and apparently, he did (I should say that I am assuming he was talking about the one in February since he did not specify the date and there may have been more than one such operation in Coachella):
“At least two digging operations were reported in east valley residential neighborhoods recently, including one in Indio and another in Coachella, where sheriff's deputies were seen evacuating large swaths of earth with heavy machinery. Bianco confirmed these digs were related to the investigation.” (BBM)
Deaths Of Missing Coachella Valley Couple: 1 Not Guilty Plea

@ConcernedAtWork posted a few days ago that Manuel Rios had once lived at the home that was excavated this past February. If you google his full name “Manuel Magna Rios,” there is a residence located on “Fourth Street between Caesar Chavez Street and Palm Avenue in Coachella” with an address that he is associated with. At the time of the search, it was reported:
February 7, 2020 4:39 am
Published February 6, 2020 1:28 pm
“[SBM]

The stretch of roadway was shut down shortly before noon Wednesday [February 5th]. The investigation was part of a follow-up to a previous case, according to the Sheriff's Department.

[SBM]

[EM], a neighborhood resident, said he was awoken around 2 a.m. Wednesday to the sounds of gunfire.

‘This morning I got up early because I heard two gunshots but I didn’t know exactly what happened,’ he said.

Before the sun was up, [EM] said, emergency responders were on scene. He said he saw two men being arrested outside a home he knew to be vacant but under construction for the last six months.

‘The police came and they took two guys from there,’ he said. ‘I don't know if they were the owners of the house but the police took them.’” (BBM)
Police continue two-day investigation at Coachella home - KESQ

According to the Riverside Sheriff’s Office, Rios was arrested at 2:40 PM on Wednesday, Feb. 5th at the I-10 West and Monroe St. in Indio by the Special Investigations Bureau:
Inmate Information System

And it appears that he currently faces six felony and four misdemeanor charges in addition to the two first-degree murder charges filed last week.
1229F9B5-B683-4EE5-B449-6B168ECF6643.jpeg

It sounds like they have had an eye on Rios for some time in connection to Audrey and Jonathan’s disappearance. Apparently, it was only in “the last several days” that their remains were recovered, so perhaps some sort of deal was reached recently in which he agreed to give up their location.

I'm not familiar with the ways of the cartels, so what could have been done to them that was "not easy." :(

I'm not familiar with the ways of the cartels, so what could have been done to them that was "not easy." :(

Probably torture specially if he was stealing money or drugs. And from the first articles it seem like he was having money problem and was about to be evicted from his apartment.
Cartels usually chop people up or beat them very badly before killing them

I have looking for the DNA result to confirm that they indeed have determined it is Audrey and Jonathon, I am not sure if they would even report that. I've been watching KESQ and online for funeral arrangements for them and have been checking the press releases on RSD page, nothing. Online information indicates DNA tunaround time from crime scene to result is about two weeks. I watched the press conference, the sheriff did say he thought he would have results by the time the press conference was held...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88